Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, thanks for your question. On EY406 we are serving a full meal after take off. *Ivy
I’m sorry but I don’t understand your answer. The other FT fellow was asking whether you serve breakfast on EY406 and not whether you serve dinner. Can you please advise if you serve breakfast or not on EY406?
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:58 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Hi there, thanks for your question. On EY406 we are serving a full meal after take off. *Ivy
You are therefore confirming NO BREAKFAST service on this flight, correct?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:22 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by NoY
You are therefore confirming NO BREAKFAST service on this flight, correct?
Yes only one meal is served on the flight to Bangkok, which can be considered as a Lunch from the type of meal, or if you want to refer to the time of the serving you could say it is a breakfast. However only one full meal is served on the flight. *Marc
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Help with Cancelled Czech Airlines flight

Hi EtihadHelp,

I am reaching out for help urgently with a Czech Airlines flight in 2 weeks that was cancelled and I wasn't notified.
Etihad refusing to offer voluntary re-route and just cancel and refund the booking.
I have limited options due to only discovering this today and the flight is 24th April.

Message posted in main forum is below. Any assistance appreciated.
​​​​​​--------------
Hello all,

Looking for some help. Last Sept I used my Etihad points to book two One Way Business Class PRG to ICN.

Just by luck I was browsing the Czech Airlines website and noticed the flight on Tuesday 24th April wasn't operating. Turns out there was a schedule change on 3rd Jan and I have had no email, SMS or call to advise and offer an alternative travel date.

I have spent all day going back and forth between Etihad and Czech Airlines and had no luck.

Etihad:
No availability on any dates around when we need to travel either in Y or J. Only offer is to cancel the booking and rebook. But I don't have enough points to rebook with Korean Air who only have 2 Y seats on 23rd April.
They are refusing to offer a free re-route which I would have thought they are obliged to do due to EU regulations?

Czech Airlines:
Unable to. View the booking as it is ticketed through Etihad and are offering zero help.

Any suggestions on what my rights are and where I go from here? As I have had no notification of the cancellation I would imagine come Tuesday I am entitled to 600 Euro as the flight is cancelled and I haven't been advised.

Should I be pushing for a reroute? If they offer me nothing would I have grounds to pursue a legal claim?

I can make a last minute Avios booking with BA but there is only Y availability and I will need to buy flights from Europe back to LHR as we were going from Germany to PRG to pick up this flight.

Thanks for any help! Richard
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:14 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Yes only one meal is served on the flight to Bangkok, which can be considered as a Lunch from the type of meal, or if you want to refer to the time of the serving you could say it is a breakfast. However only one full meal is served on the flight. *Marc
So, yet another reduction in service. By the way, this kind of double-talk BS, which is obviously carefully scripted by you guys, is just NOT helpful
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Hi EtihadHelp,

I am reaching out for help urgently with a Czech Airlines flight in 2 weeks that was cancelled and I wasn't notified.
Etihad refusing to offer voluntary re-route and just cancel and refund the booking.
I have limited options due to only discovering this today and the flight is 24th April.

Message posted in main forum is below. Any assistance appreciated.
​​​​​​--------------
Hello all,

Looking for some help. Last Sept I used my Etihad points to book two One Way Business Class PRG to ICN.

Just by luck I was browsing the Czech Airlines website and noticed the flight on Tuesday 24th April wasn't operating. Turns out there was a schedule change on 3rd Jan and I have had no email, SMS or call to advise and offer an alternative travel date.

I have spent all day going back and forth between Etihad and Czech Airlines and had no luck.

Etihad:
No availability on any dates around when we need to travel either in Y or J. Only offer is to cancel the booking and rebook. But I don't have enough points to rebook with Korean Air who only have 2 Y seats on 23rd April.
They are refusing to offer a free re-route which I would have thought they are obliged to do due to EU regulations?

Czech Airlines:
Unable to. View the booking as it is ticketed through Etihad and are offering zero help.

Any suggestions on what my rights are and where I go from here? As I have had no notification of the cancellation I would imagine come Tuesday I am entitled to 600 Euro as the flight is cancelled and I haven't been advised.

Should I be pushing for a reroute? If they offer me nothing would I have grounds to pursue a legal claim?

I can make a last minute Avios booking with BA but there is only Y availability and I will need to buy flights from Europe back to LHR as we were going from Germany to PRG to pick up this flight.

Thanks for any help! Richard
Hi there, we have replied to your inbox message and we look forward to receiving your contacts there so that we can assist you further with this. Thank you. *Max
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Skywards Silver & BA
Incorrect fare rules presented to me

Hi, I’ve got an issue I hope you can resolve. I’ve already tried your Facebook team but they were pretty dismissive. They gave me the [email protected] address to take it further but they have not yet responded.

Here’s the problem –

Last week I booked a business class multi-city return flight through the Etihad website (London to Australia return with a 3-day stopover in Abu Dhabi on the way back). There were 3 flights in total on the booking - LHR to MEL, SYD to AUH, AUH to LHR. Before committing to payment, I clicked on the fare rules link (as advised) to make sure the tickets were changeable and/or cancellable should our plans change (the booking is in 9 months). This link presented a pop-up that clearly showed the ticket was on fare basis WPR9MGB and which highlighted that there were options for change and cancellation if necessary at a cost. As there was no further information regarding other fare classes, I went ahead with the booking and payment on the understanding that the whole ticket was on this fare basis.

When I received the e-tickets I saw that I was in fact booked in two different fare classes – the outbound flights were WPR9MGB but the inbound flights were a different class – ZPR9MGB - which as far as I can tell is not cancellable.

There was NOTHING on the fare rules that I was originally presented with that indicated there were two different fare classes.

When retrying the entire booking process again the next day, to see if I had made a mistake (and using different browsers), I found again that there was absolutely no information regarding the ZPR9MGB booking class nor any reference to the fact that any part of our ticket was booked in that class.

I have a screen print of the information I got when I clicked on the Fare Rules link PLUS the entire text of what I saw in that link which I can forward to you.

I do not know if there is an IT error here but that is no excuse. I purchased these tickets in good faith as flexible (at a price) and I do not want tickets with ZERO flexibility for something 9 months hence so I would like either the return part of the tickets reset to the terms that I originally thought I was getting or else the complete cancellation and refund of all the tickets with no penalties.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by wrinklymel
Hi, I’ve got an issue I hope you can resolve. I’ve already tried your Facebook team but they were pretty dismissive. They gave me the [email protected] address to take it further but they have not yet responded.

Here’s the problem –

Last week I booked a business class multi-city return flight through the Etihad website (London to Australia return with a 3-day stopover in Abu Dhabi on the way back). There were 3 flights in total on the booking - LHR to MEL, SYD to AUH, AUH to LHR. Before committing to payment, I clicked on the fare rules link (as advised) to make sure the tickets were changeable and/or cancellable should our plans change (the booking is in 9 months). This link presented a pop-up that clearly showed the ticket was on fare basis WPR9MGB and which highlighted that there were options for change and cancellation if necessary at a cost. As there was no further information regarding other fare classes, I went ahead with the booking and payment on the understanding that the whole ticket was on this fare basis.

When I received the e-tickets I saw that I was in fact booked in two different fare classes – the outbound flights were WPR9MGB but the inbound flights were a different class – ZPR9MGB - which as far as I can tell is not cancellable.

There was NOTHING on the fare rules that I was originally presented with that indicated there were two different fare classes.

When retrying the entire booking process again the next day, to see if I had made a mistake (and using different browsers), I found again that there was absolutely no information regarding the ZPR9MGB booking class nor any reference to the fact that any part of our ticket was booked in that class.

I have a screen print of the information I got when I clicked on the Fare Rules link PLUS the entire text of what I saw in that link which I can forward to you.

I do not know if there is an IT error here but that is no excuse. I purchased these tickets in good faith as flexible (at a price) and I do not want tickets with ZERO flexibility for something 9 months hence so I would like either the return part of the tickets reset to the terms that I originally thought I was getting or else the complete cancellation and refund of all the tickets with no penalties.
Hi Wrinklymel. In this case, our Guest Relations team should open an investigation and check whether this information is usually shown at the moment of the booking or not, and why you were not able to find this information. We would suggest to follow the advice of our colleagues and proceed with submitting your feedback on that email address, or on our website under the Feedback section. The team will then get back to you accordingly. Don't forget to mention the booking reference and ticket number for that booking. *Sky
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:13 am

Hi Wrinklymel. In this case, our Guest Relations team should open an investigation and check whether this information is usually shown at the moment of the booking or not, and why you were not able to find this information. We would suggest to follow the advice of our colleagues and proceed with submitting your feedback on that email address, or on our website under the Feedback section. The team will then get back to you accordingly. Don't forget to mention the booking reference and ticket number for that booking. *Sky
Thanks for replying, but basically you are saying you cannot help us even though we submitted the feedback that you suggest over a week ago and have had no resolution. I have to say that this is our first time using Etihad and based on this experience it will likely be our last.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:12 am

Hi Wrinklymel, could you please send us a private message with your email address which you used to submit your feedback and the booking reference for this reservation, and we'll try to check this with our Reservations team. Thank you. *Max
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:54 am

Hi Wrinklymel, could you please send us a private message with your email address which you used to submit your feedback and the booking reference for this reservation, and we'll try to check this with our Reservations team. Thank you. *Max
Thanks Max, I have just sent you a PM with the requested details.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum
Hi EtihadHelp,
I'm a relatively new guest member of Etihad.

Now, 6 days before my flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok, I got an e-mail from [email protected] with the title:
"Act now for a special deal to upgrade your flight!"
It would be nice for me to get an upgrade from economy to business class for the second part of the onward flight because I would get lounge access after having been upgraded.

I know that an upgrade by miles changes both tier and guest miles to zero.

But what happens with my miles, especially with my tier miles, after a successful bid upgrade, i.e. after having paid successfully for the upgrade to business class?
I'm in fear of my tier miles because I want to become a Silver guest member.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:11 am

Hello Bonobo, no worries about your tier miles, as we only deduct guest miles for the miles upgrade. For bidding upgrade, we collect the payment from your credit card.
Just drop us a inbox message with your booking reference, so we can check on the bid status for you! Thanks. *Ari
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:43 am

Hello Bonobo, no worries about your tier miles, as we only deduct guest miles for the miles upgrade. For bidding upgrade, we collect the payment from your credit card.
Just drop us a inbox message with your booking reference, so we can check on the bid status for you! Thanks. *Ari
Thank you, Ari
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:35 am

Hello EtihadHelp,
which tier miles would I get after having flown business class with a bid-upgrade (from economy to business class): tier miles for business class or those for economy class, only?
Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.