Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:01 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Dear Etihad Help,

I’d like the current cuts to be raised with your company:

-Chauffer service outside UAE cut.
-Etihad Guest reciprocal benefits with Alitalia cut.
-Champagne changed from Billecart to Piper.
-Amenity kits cut in J.
-Pajamas cut in J.
-Shave at AUH arrival cut.
-Spa at LHR cut.
-Menu at LHR worse.
-Cocktails in F lounge cut.
-Menu in F lounge reduced.
-Sandwiches and snacks in arrivals lounge gone.
-no ventilation during boarding

and less recently,
-Free treatment for J passengers in spa cut.
-Chauffer in UAE for gold and platinum members on Y bookings cut.
-Food selection in AUH J lounge reduced.
-Caviar in F gone.

The reason I would like to raise this is because, and I think I speak unanimously, how much more do you think your most loyal customers will take?
Hi akalra1187,
Thank you for reaching out to us and sending us your valuable suggestions. Please note all our service updates are carefully designed in accordance with our guests' feedback and market demand and with the purpose of providing our guests with more choice and an enhanced experience tailored in line with their needs and expectations. Your comments are most appreciated in this regard and will surely be passed on to the concerned departments.
We hope to be able to provide a superior experience on your next travel with us and invite you to reach us via our Contact centre numbers or social media channels should you require any assistance prior to your next flights with us. *Max
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Hello Max (and EtihadHelp team) I feel some response is needed to your comment.

I honestly cannot see how all these CUTS IN SERVICES across the board meet this statement.

"... in accordance with our guests' feedback and market demand and with the purpose of providing our guests with more choice and an enhanced experience tailored in line with their needs and expectations."

Who (in all honesty) would feedback that your service offerings are too good and need reducing? Feedback is usually negative, in my experience, when services are not provided or missed.

What market demands these draconian cuts? Customers NEVER ask for cuts.

How can reducing services give customers MORE choice? That's just nonsense.

How can reducing services give an ENHANCED EXPERIENCE ... and (meet) EXPECTATIONS? Again nonsense.

Do you really believe all the marketing hype you pass on to the forum users? Have you stopped to actually read and understand what you type in to the responses???

Why can't you and your management just be honest and say " look times are hard at the moment due to the worldwide economic climate etc... and we need to make cuts in services to stay profitable, our previous offerings were realistically unachievable in the long term and we need to adjust your/our expectations accordingly. So maybe once this period is over and the economic climate has improved we can again add more value and services for loyal guest members.

We are all adults so don't treat us like children and sugar coat the facts.

Whilst I understand the financial reasoning to the cuts, I may not like or agree with them, Etihad need to realise that these changes adversely affect Elite member's perceptions and test their loyalty.

To reach Gold or Platinum requires a sizeable financial and time commitment on the traveller's part which at present isn't being matched by Etihad. These Elite members are your backbone and can take their travel budgets elsewhere if not satisfied - don't rely on the once in a lifetime Breaking Deal passengers to help you ride out the storm!

Hopefully management and your new leadership will realise the value of loyal customers is something hard to spot on a balance sheet or P&L statement and take their feedback onboard...

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi akalra1187,
Thank you for reaching out to us and sending us your valuable suggestions. Please note all our service updates are carefully designed in accordance with our guests' feedback and market demand and with the purpose of providing our guests with more choice and an enhanced experience tailored in line with their needs and expectations. Your comments are most appreciated in this regard and will surely be passed on to the concerned departments.
We hope to be able to provide a superior experience on your next travel with us and invite you to reach us via our Contact centre numbers or social media channels should you require any assistance prior to your next flights with us. *Max
akalra1187, csdf, Ashp and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:11 am

Hi davidj1,

the reason why we have not replied back to your previous post, is because we believe we have addressed your concerns in our comment above.
We have also passed on your thoughts to our team for future improvement.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. *Sky

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 15, 2017 at 4:54 pm Reason: Redact quote of deleted post
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Hi akalra1187,
To be frank, us loyal and frequent travellers don't take kindly to having our intelligence insulted with such corporate waffle.

As somebody who has a had an issue dragging on since January, which I followed up with a formal complaint a few months ago, this attitude leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I certainly haven't received 'an enhanced experience tailored in line with my needs and expectations'. I have so far kept it out of the public domain but my patience is running out after multiple promises to resolve it and asking me to be patient.
davidj1 likes this.

Last edited by British Balikbayan; Oct 23, 2017 at 6:21 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:06 am

Hi there. Do you have a case number we can look into? *Sky

Originally Posted by British Balikbayan
To be frank, us loyal and frequent travellers don't take kindly to having our intelligence insulted with such corporate waffle.

As somebody who has a had an issue dragging on since January, which I followed up with a formal complaint a few months ago, this attitude leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I certainly haven't received 'an enhanced experience tailored in line with my needs and expectations'. I have so far kept it out of the public domain but my patience is running out after multiple promises to resolve it and asking me to be patient.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Hi davidj1,

the reason why we have not replied back to your previous post, is because we believe we have addressed your concerns in our comment above.
We have also passed on your thoughts to our team for future improvement.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. *Sky
Here's another Platinum guest feeling the exact same way and I've had several calls from your team trying to say exactly what you've typed, for hour on end thinking that I am going to be grateful to have to pay extra for less.

That in fact I asked for this and it is going to somehow make my life better to stand in a long taxi queue waiting my turn.

That gosh no I couldn't stand the decent wines, food and champagne and wanted cheaper alternatives.

Or most pathetic of all that I wanted not to have a meal in your flagship F lounge at AUH "the best in the world, blah blah blah" and now am reduced to a snack so that I cannot just get on board and sleep - I have to sit up and wait to eat. I must have asked for that surely.

Once I re-qualify in January for two years you will lose around thirty premium flights from me per year so that I can attain premium status on another airline whilst using your facilities at the airport and they're all cheaper as well.

Enough is enough, if I wanted long haul Ryanair I would have gone down that route.

Instead I wanted the 5* experience you continue to tout out there and don't in any way deliver.

You don't offer lifetime status, unlike every other major carrier, so what's to keep me around. As others have stated here, we've invested a lot into you and you've decided that we don't matter. You've cut out near everything a Platinum got anyway, not even a car at AUH (which costs you very little) when a silver used to get one in Y in LHR !

So I hope you enjoy being the cheap airline you're becoming and pander to the annual holiday crowd and hope that you make money.

You won't make back all that you lost on Alitalia and Air Berlin in a single year so stop trying.

Regular passengers who spend serious money with you are apparently not worth the trouble to keep and as my Guest miles are about to be devalued AGAIN I best throw them all to the wind fast. Oh except I cannot because the AA miles holders have booked all the good seats and blocked the Etihad paying customers out.

Oh well I'm sure you'll put the prices up anyway, negative inflation the world over and the lowest fuel prices in decades and my fares have doubled in nine years
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hoias
Hi Etihad Help,

I do not think my Guest No will help you much, because you won't see flights I have not booked yet...

Anyhow, I will send my guest no in private message.

But it would also be helpful if you would publish the answers to members questions in public instead of always ask members for private messages.
This would help fellow members haveing similar questions and would also save you some work by not answering same questions several times by private messages.

Anyhow, again, for further explanation to my query:
I will not re-qualify for Platinum by 31/12/2017.
Therefore, I will loose Platinum status.
Then in January I will fly 16 segments and will have all required 60 segments for NEW Platinum qualification (01Feb2017 until 31Jan2018)

Please confirm if this is correct.

Thank you,
In absence of their response, yes you will. For two years and three months, write to guestplatinum with the same question for a written response within 24 hours
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Hi there. Do you have a case number we can look into? *Sky
Thank you, Sky. I have sent you a PM with all relevant details.

Mike
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Here's another Platinum guest feeling the exact same way and I've had several calls from your team trying to say exactly what you've typed, for hour on end thinking that I am going to be grateful to have to pay extra for less.

That in fact I asked for this and it is going to somehow make my life better to stand in a long taxi queue waiting my turn.

That gosh no I couldn't stand the decent wines, food and champagne and wanted cheaper alternatives.

Or most pathetic of all that I wanted not to have a meal in your flagship F lounge at AUH "the best in the world, blah blah blah" and now am reduced to a snack so that I cannot just get on board and sleep - I have to sit up and wait to eat. I must have asked for that surely.

Once I re-qualify in January for two years you will lose around thirty premium flights from me per year so that I can attain premium status on another airline whilst using your facilities at the airport and they're all cheaper as well.

Enough is enough, if I wanted long haul Ryanair I would have gone down that route.

Instead I wanted the 5* experience you continue to tout out there and don't in any way deliver.

You don't offer lifetime status, unlike every other major carrier, so what's to keep me around. As others have stated here, we've invested a lot into you and you've decided that we don't matter. You've cut out near everything a Platinum got anyway, not even a car at AUH (which costs you very little) when a silver used to get one in Y in LHR !

So I hope you enjoy being the cheap airline you're becoming and pander to the annual holiday crowd and hope that you make money.

You won't make back all that you lost on Alitalia and Air Berlin in a single year so stop trying.

Regular passengers who spend serious money with you are apparently not worth the trouble to keep and as my Guest miles are about to be devalued AGAIN I best throw them all to the wind fast. Oh except I cannot because the AA miles holders have booked all the good seats and blocked the Etihad paying customers out.

Oh well I'm sure you'll put the prices up anyway, negative inflation the world over and the lowest fuel prices in decades and my fares have doubled in nine years
Hi there. We are sorry to see you feel this way. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do let us know. *Sky
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
@EtihadHelp - You can start helping us Gold, Silvers and Platinums by;

1) reintroducing a caviar service in F
2) Bring back Acqua Panna and San Pellegrino in J/F
3) Improve your alchoholic beverage program to be on par with emirates with Dom Perignon and Hennessey Paradis etc....
4) Decrease Mileage redemption costs
5) Give elites chauffeur drive in Y
6) Reintroduce the original F lounge menu and cocktails
7) Improve J lounge food quality and selection
8) Restore free chauffeur drive for outstation J/F pax
9) Use plates instead of trays in meal service
10) Bring back the good old J menus not this skimpy shorthaul service on a longhaul
11) Please replace your J class Scaramousche+Fandango kits with something respectable like Salvatore Ferragamo or Bvlgari
12) Reintroduce LeLabo into the F lavs and showers
13) Reintroduce J pyjamas
14) Regain elites Trust...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
since Etihad took control of Topbonus (fromer Airberlin FF)

when is Etihad planning to open dates for redeem miles for award Business class travel?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by RolfD
since Etihad took control of Topbonus (fromer Airberlin FF)

when is Etihad planning to open dates for redeem miles for award Business class travel?
Hi RolfD, at the moment you can redeem miles for Economy Class only. Stay tuned for future updates. *Yas
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:30 am

Hi there. We are sorry to see you feel this way. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do let us know. *Sky
Sky, please start by being honest and open and admitting that the changes are due to cost cutting due to excessive losses.

Then stop, and I really mean stop, telling us that we've asked for these changes and that they'll make the service better. We didn't, they won't.

Better to have us onside helping the airline get back on its feet, maybe even with the Illusion that some of what we've lost will come back, rather than the blatant corporate marketing lies that is the current norm.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

Dear EtihadHelp, for the sake of many who are going to ask you this question. Please clarify the following statement on the new website

Etihad Guest Silver, Gold and Platinum - is valid for the rest of the calendar year earned with an additional bonus of three months.

So if someone qualifies in December, they have to the end of that month and three more months and that's it ?

Surely this should state, to the end of the year, the following year and an extra three months.

Really urgent please that you clarify this

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:08 pm

Etihad Airways

Hello there, the status is valid for 12 months and then for 3 more months if the status couldn't be earned again.
In your example it would be until March 2019. *Ela

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Dear EtihadHelp, for the sake of many who are going to ask you this question. Please clarify the following statement on the new website

Etihad Guest Silver, Gold and Platinum - is valid for the rest of the calendar year earned with an additional bonus of three months.

So if someone qualifies in December, they have to the end of that month and three more months and that's it ?

Surely this should state, to the end of the year, the following year and an extra three months.

Really urgent please that you clarify this

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.