Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:03 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi,

That's not good, can you send it to us so we can show our IT team? Not to worry of your unable to we will still inform them of the issue.

[email protected]

Thanks

*DP
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by hzv5wk
Etihadhelp, Can you confirm whether the Ethihad premium stopovers are 24 hour check-in/check-out (similar to the rates provided by Emirates) or if they are normal "hotel" times (Eg 15:00 check-in 12:00 check-out).

If I have a flight arrival at 23:45 on Monday and a flight departure at 02:30 Wednesday will I need 1 or 2 nights? That would only be 1 night with Emirates but the Etihad website doesn't say anything about 24h check-in/out.

Thanks.
No they are not 24 hr period. As these bookings are handled separately not directly by etihad or call center. It's "hala" and I spoke with them about my business class stopover and was told hotel times apply and to speak directly with hotel at arrival. And to get extra time in the hotel in case if its a late afternoon departure you have to kindly ask hotel about it.

Is it true etihadhelp? If so. I think this is Not in line for an airline as flights arrive and depart at very unusual times. Either you need to have 24 hrs or have all your flights arrive and departure according with hotel check in times LOL

Last edited by a310pilot; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:05 pm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there,

Yes Etihad stopovers are 24 hour check-in/check-out. When you book it, you will receive full details regarding timings. We hope to welcome you in the near future. *HE
Etihadhelp there are now two people on this thread saying this is not correct and their bookings have been normal hotel times. Please can you explain.

If I have a flight arriving late Monday evening with my onward flight departing 02:30 Wednesday I do not want a stopover hotel where I have to check-out at midday Tuesday.

I need an accurate answer to this. I do not want to plan and book my flights based on the information you have given only to find out that you were wrong once it is all booked.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by hzv5wk
Etihadhelp there are now two people on this thread saying this is not correct and their bookings have been normal hotel times. Please can you explain.

If I have a flight arriving late Monday evening with my onward flight departing 02:30 Wednesday I do not want a stopover hotel where I have to check-out at midday Tuesday.

I need an accurate answer to this. I do not want to plan and book my flights based on the information you have given only to find out that you were wrong once it is all booked.
Hi there, 24 hours check-in/out is available upon request and subject to availability. This means that after you have done your booking, you may send your request to [email protected] quoting your PNR and your Hotel preference and specifying what would be your preferred check-in/out time for that particular hotel.
Our team would then check with the Hotel for availability.
We hope this clarifies and we are sorry for the confusion *FT
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:39 am

Gold Guest 100024407895

subj. triple miles, miles value before changes of FFP took effect

Dear Etihad Help,

actually I booked 13 flights until next year before 8th of July in order to avoid suffering too much. My concerns about the triple / quadruple Promotion materialized as I just took a flight after 8th of July which, however, was booked before 8th of July. Now I received triple miles but at the new, reduced miles value.

I wonder how the guys who do the miles credit do know WHEN I booked my flight so to decide whether to apply the old- or new miles value structure.

Now I chase for correct mileage which is quite annoying.

Could you kindly look into this matter and advise.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Prince77
Gold Guest 100024407895

subj. triple miles, miles value before changes of FFP took effect

Dear Etihad Help,

actually I booked 13 flights until next year before 8th of July in order to avoid suffering too much. My concerns about the triple / quadruple Promotion materialized as I just took a flight after 8th of July which, however, was booked before 8th of July. Now I received triple miles but at the new, reduced miles value.

I wonder how the guys who do the miles credit do know WHEN I booked my flight so to decide whether to apply the old- or new miles value structure.

Now I chase for correct mileage which is quite annoying.

Could you kindly look into this matter and advise.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi there, can you PM us the booking reference of the flight whose miles were not credited correctly please. We will look into it accordingly. Thanks! *FT
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Hi there, 24 hours check-in/out is available upon request and subject to availability. This means that after you have done your booking, you may send your request to [email protected] quoting your PNR and your Hotel preference and specifying what would be your preferred check-in/out time for that particular hotel.
Good to know...just sent an email to the Hala Abu Dhabi team and will post the outcome here ... thx for the information
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
so...that's the answer I received....

"With reference to your request, kindly note early check-in can not be guaranteed as it is always subject to availability upon arrival to the hotel. To ensure early check-in it is advisable to pre-book a night prior arrival"

apparently the Hala Abu Dhabi team is of different opinion than the Etihad Help team...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by birsti
so...that's the answer I received....

"With reference to your request, kindly note early check-in can not be guaranteed as it is always subject to availability upon arrival to the hotel. To ensure early check-in it is advisable to pre-book a night prior arrival"

apparently the Hala Abu Dhabi team is of different opinion than the Etihad Help team...
Told you so. I have gone through this whole situation before on my flight from YYZ to AUH to KUL return. I've been on the phone and email.

Hala team doesn't care about etihad flights. This is a fine print that most over look when jumping on the free stopover bandwagon. I should be made clear.

To add to insult. I asked Hala team to book the 2nd paid night at the same hotel which was quoted high enough to cover the free night. Called hotel directly and they simply replied Sorry we have no availability for the same room.

Please don't leave anything to chance...

Now if someone says. its Hotel policy. No and YES... What happens when your trip is interrupted due to bad weather or equipment failure. How come Etihad at that point is able to offer you free night in the hotel using "24hr" method and btw- I've had it happen to me twice in December due to fog. Hotel given was in my option equal or higher quality (Duset Thani) than as free stopover.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:22 am

Dear Etihadhelp...Need your advice and help here...I had purchased a first class ticket DEL-AUH-JFK-AUH-DEL. I received the quadruple miles for the DEL-AUH sector 2 weeks after the flight. However its more than a month since I flew the second sector and I have yet to receive the bonus miles for the AUH-JFK-AUH sectors. Can you please assist me in this issue please?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by sumayya
Dear Etihadhelp...Need your advice and help here...I had purchased a first class ticket DEL-AUH-JFK-AUH-DEL. I received the quadruple miles for the DEL-AUH sector 2 weeks after the flight. However its more than a month since I flew the second sector and I have yet to receive the bonus miles for the AUH-JFK-AUH sectors. Can you please assist me in this issue please?
Hi Sumayya;

Thank you for reaching out to us.

May we have your membership number and the flight details of which you'd like to claim the miles for. Please use the private message to send them through.
Awaiting your reply.
*RM
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:56 am

Not impressed with Etihad

Was booked to fly to Sydney next Feb business class from Edinburgh.
Due to Etihad deciding to cancel their tuesday and friday flight from Edinburgh in Feb I have had to cancel my flight. Work commitments make it impossible to travel any other day.
Re-booking at this later date has cost me an extra £1400 flying with Emirates from Glasgow.
They only started to fly from Edinburgh in June and that is them cancelling flights already.
This is the sort of thing I would have expected from a lost cost carrier not a business seat with a sheduled carrier.
Certainly won't be using them again or be recommending them to anyone else.

Last edited by stu.h; Aug 29, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by stu.h
Was booked to fly to Sydney next Feb business class from Edinburgh.
Due to Etihad deciding to cancel their tuesday and friday flight from Edinburgh in Feb I have had to cancel my flight. Work commitments make it impossible to travel any other day.
Re-booking at this later date has cost me an extra £1400 flying with Emirates from Glasgow.
They only started to fly from Edinburgh in June and that is them cancelling flights already.
This is the sort of thing I would have expected from a lost cost carrier not a business seat with a sheduled carrier.
Certainly won't be using them again or be recommending them to anyone else.
Hi stu.h, we regret to hear that. Kindly send the details via a private message including your email address and your Etihad Airways ticket number in order to forward your case to our Guest Relations team to look into it for you. *ES
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:56 am

Got an unfortunate situation with Etihad - booked a FCO-AUH flight on Business with AA miles, just found out that it was switched to an Alitalia-operated flight (they swapped schedules with the Etihad flight, now Etihad is redeye, Alitalia is daytime - I assume just for stuff and giggles).

The time is around the same, so not a big deal... but original chauffeur bookings are now gone, and customer-service hell says that I'm not eligible due to the new operator. No consideration of honoring the conditions when I booked the flight. I feel conned, now gotta add transfers on either side.

Pretty disappointing service - it's our honeymoon, trying out Etihad was part of what pulled us to AUE in the first place...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:45 pm

Dear newmanium,

We sincerely apologise for the disruption and upset caused due to this change, kindly send us your booking reference or ticket number along with your email address and we will share this feedback with our team for you.

We do thank you for bringing this to our attention for further investigations to me made.

We hope to hear from you soon *GW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.