Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Old May 23, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Today was the 3rd time in the last week I was promised an immediate callback by your call center team regarding changing the date of a flight which didn't happen...it is weird and annoying that apparently nobody at your call center is knowledgeable enough to rebook a partner award without conferring with the supervisor but is is unacceptable to be promised a call back that doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by birsti
Hey! Still no answer from your team regarding the release of additional F award/upgrade space...how many days before departure are those seats released?

Also was promised a call back from your German language call center that never happened...not sure what Etihad changed about their call centers but they used to be quite good but the quality has gone downhill in the last few months...wrong answers, little to no knowledge about the whole Etihad Guest program or even how the system works.

If there is no supervisor around the people there are complete clueless what they can do or not and how it is done...maybe you should give them some refreshment classes about their work. On a positive note, they are quite friendly and try to be helpful but fail miserable due to the lack of knowledge.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:56 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by birsti
Today was the 3rd time in the last week I was promised an immediate callback by your call center team regarding changing the date of a flight which didn't happen...it is weird and annoying that apparently nobody at your call center is knowledgeable enough to rebook a partner award without conferring with the supervisor but is is unacceptable to be promised a call back that doesn't happen.
Dear birsti,

Sorry for the late response.

Please be advised that there is no certain dates that the redemption seat and upgrade will open. It is based from the seat availability always.

If you are referring about F for EY454/455 on Nov flight, there is seats available, however O redemption is none.

For EY460/461, you can book for the first 3 days in Nov as F and O are avail.

Hope this may help. *Jiaqi
Old May 24, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Dear Jiaqi!

Thanks for your reply which addresses the point of award/upgrade availability and shows how big the problem with that is! NO or just 3 days in a month availability 6 months out of the planned flight date is kinda unacceptable imo. Esp. with the high mileage rate you're asking compared to other programs!

Also, could you please clarify what Etihad is planning to do about the situation in the calling center not knowing about the procedures and not calling back high tier customers?

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear birsti,

Sorry for the late response.

Please be advised that there is no certain dates that the redemption seat and upgrade will open. It is based from the seat availability always.

If you are referring about F for EY454/455 on Nov flight, there is seats available, however O redemption is none.

For EY460/461, you can book for the first 3 days in Nov as F and O are avail.

Hope this may help. *Jiaqi
Old May 24, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Hi EtihadHelp,
Following two phone calls which gave contradictory answers, can you please forward this to your in-flight catering team and let me know their answer. My question is: if I order a seafood meal and I'm in travelling in Business, will the seafood meal be the same as if I were travelling in Economy, or is it reflected by the cabin flown? One agent told me it would be the same, whilst one other agent told me it would be different. Also, if travelling in Business, would the appetiser be a guaranteed seafood meal also, for example smoked salmon and prawns? Thanks.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:33 am

Hi EtihadHelp

I requested compensation with regards to http://www.airpassengerrights.eu/en/...cellation.html for a cancelled EY flight from London to Abu Dhabi. I sent an email to [email protected] and they acknowledged that the request was received but I have not heard back in weeks. Please help.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:27 pm

Dar sabdhabic,

Please accept our apologies for any confusion, we will certainly get this over to our team and find out for you. We will be in touch as soon as we have a reply.
Thanks *Gill
Old May 24, 2016, 9:28 pm

Hi jasonz9238,

Thank for getting back in touch with us, kindly send us your booking reference to our inbox messages, we will check this for you and request an update as quick as possible. *Gill
Old May 27, 2016, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Hi EtihadHelp,
Following two phone calls which gave contradictory answers, can you please forward this to your in-flight catering team and let me know their answer. My question is: if I order a seafood meal and I'm in travelling in Business, will the seafood meal be the same as if I were travelling in Economy, or is it reflected by the cabin flown? One agent told me it would be the same, whilst one other agent told me it would be different. Also, if travelling in Business, would the appetiser be a guaranteed seafood meal also, for example smoked salmon and prawns? Thanks.
Dar sabdhabic,

Please accept our apologies for any confusion, we will certainly get this over to our team and find out for you. We will be in touch as soon as we have a reply.
Thanks *Gill

Hi Gill,
Did you get a reply from your team? Thanks.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:40 am

Hi Gill,
Hi Sabdhabi, we have sent a reminder email to the relevant department and are currently waiting for their reply. Thank you. *Pennie
Old May 30, 2016, 3:55 am

Hi Sabdhabi, we have sent a reminder email to the relevant department and are currently waiting for their reply. Thank you. *Pennie
The initial post was on 24 May. That's almost one week ago and still waiting for an answer to a remarkably straight forward question.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:19 am

The initial post was on 24 May. That's almost one week ago and still waiting for an answer to a remarkably straight forward question.
Hi sabdhabi, we will follow up on this and get back to you as soon as possible. *Yas
Old May 31, 2016, 10:52 pm

Etihad Airways

Dear Mlqsko,

We have noticed you may have not received a reply to this message sent to us on the 17th May, please accept our apologies. Can you please advise when you are flying with us as we would certainly like to inform our team for you.

Kindly send us your booking details as soon as possible.

Thank you *Gill

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You can try messaging EtihadHelp but I seriously doubt this will reach the crew.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:15 am

Etihad Airways

Hi sabdhabi,

Please accept our apologies for the delay, our team have confirmed to us that the main course would be fish or seafood but not necessarily the starter or the breakfast.

You will receive a menu on board to see the starter options available to you, Any special meal request is reflected with the respective cabin our guests are booked into.

We hope this helps *Gill

Hi Gill,
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:55 am

Hi sabdhabi,

Please accept our apologies for the delay, our team have confirmed to us that the main course would be fish or seafood but not necessarily the starter or the breakfast.

You will receive a menu on board to see the starter options available to you, Any special meal request is reflected with the respective cabin our guests are booked into.

We hope this helps *Gill
Thank you. It does help and is much appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Dear Lurkers,

It's been almost three months since Etihad ran a joint promo with Heinemann. The bonus miles were supposed to post within two months, but no sign of them to date. Can you check what's going on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.