Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Old Aug 14, 15, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
[*] This thread is flame free <snip>
Good luck with that considering the way the first page has gone.
Old Aug 14, 15, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp View Post
Dear SeeBuyFly,

As we can see from the previous conversation with Grannieflyer. Both the missing miles and the Bonus miles have been credited to account...*JS
Then why the preceding post?
Hi grannieflyer, please DM us your Etihad Guest account and booking reference if you wish us to help you to chase up your missing miles. Thank you! *ZD
Old Aug 16, 15, 3:56 am

Grannieflyers woes continue with Etihad Help

Not sure if I have gone about multi-quoting the right way, the posts seem to be slightly out of sync! But to update all, Grannieflyer is still an unhappy and disillusioned bunny. Etihad have not sorted out my miles. They have not contacted me personally. They have not corrected anything - oh yes, sorry, they did finally acknowledge that I flew 1st class on the sector AUH/LHR on 3/6/15 and gave me my gold miles. But for the life of me, I cannot see that they have given me my correct quadruple miles for my outbound flight LST/LHR. Do not think I am bonkers, ran a company for goodness sakes, so used to looking through balance sheets - realise that their system of miles/tier miles is almost impossible to understand. But surely one should be able to add up miles (bonuses not included), for the 3 stage flight, multiply it by 4, and bingo!

Neither have they done anything regarding my missing Gold card. If its of interest, I downloaded my full miles account details today, collated and have available to post here, includes requests for my card, but naturally no dispatch dates! Although, interesting that my previous cards have all been logged on my account as requested, and dispatched.
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly View Post
Then why the preceding post?
Hi grannieflyer, please DM us your Etihad Guest account and booking reference if you wish us to help you to chase up your missing miles. Thank you! *ZD
Dear SeeBuyFly,

As we can see from the previous conversation with Grannieflyer. Both the missing miles and the Bonus miles have been credited to account.

All the issues raised here will be well addressed to the dedicated team for further action. We believe that we are making change happen. *JS
Originally Posted by grannieflyer View Post
Its just great to see this sticky/thread. Crikey, have I had problems (ongoing) with Etihad Help service regarding paperwork, missing miles and missing gold - or should it be a Platinum card now? Also missing quadruple miles, that I was clearly signed up for.

Its so sad, Etihad are great 'in the air', they provide a truly 'first class experience', but when it comes to customer service on the ground, they fail in every area.
This is the problem that people are complaining about. Grannieflyer has already provided you with the relevant details, I believe multiple times. Since there is no dedicated user of the Etihadhelp account, but rather any staff member who is available will "post and run", the result is to get this constant stream of "please DM us your details" boilerplate over and over. It is past time for this to stop; it does not constitute customer service, it is customer harassment.
Old Aug 16, 15, 4:41 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr View Post
Then I take the opportunity to ask two questions I could not find an answer to.

Question 1: Is there (and if so, where can I find it) a table the gives specific information about Tier Miles when flying on Eithad partner airlines?

Iím asking since one gets for an economy class flight 1 tier mile for every 1 mile flown regardless of the economy booking class. At least this is what I got credited into my account (hope this is correct, otherwise I just shot myself in the foot with this post ).

In case of Air Berlin for example the Etihad website states:
Flights taken on airberlin and NIKI are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore do contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Flights taken on airberlin are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Tier status.

Question 2: Is one eligible to earn 1 tier miles for every 1 miles flown with AB as well regardless of the booking class, given the flight has an AB flight number and is operated by AB?
Hello,

In answer to your question, the tier miles you earn depend on the booking class of your Air Berlin ticket.

CABIN CLASS EARNED MILES
Business J, C, D, I 150%
Economy Y, B, H, K 100%
Discounted Economy M, L, V, S 50%
Discounted Economy N, Q, O, G 25%

This table shows what you will earn for guest miles and tier miles. So a normal Economy ticket earns you 100% tier miles. This info is on our Etihad Guest website.

Hope that helps,

*DP
Old Aug 16, 15, 7:19 am

Hi there,

We have asked our guest team to contact you about this, we are sorry for the delay. *DP
Old Aug 16, 15, 10:09 am

..They have not corrected anything - oh yes, sorry, they did finally acknowledge that I flew 1st class on the sector AUH/LHR on 3/6/15 and gave me my gold miles. But for the life of me, I cannot see that they have given me my correct quadruple miles for my outbound flight LST/LHR...Neither have they done anything regarding my missing Gold card.
If the statement by Etihadhelp that
As we can see from the previous conversation with Grannieflyer. Both the missing miles and the Bonus miles have been credited to account.
is false, that is very, very serious.
Old Aug 17, 15, 2:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Never thought I'd say this, but a sincere thanks to EtihadHelp for their assistance with a retro-claim that was never followed up. The miles credited into the account today, only 4 days after messaging EtihadHelp.
Old Aug 17, 15, 3:04 am

Thank you Daniel we are glad we could help. *DP
Old Aug 17, 15, 11:00 pm

A Minor Victory!

If the statement by Etihadhelp is false, that is very, very serious.
Oohoo. Whilst double checking my personal spreadsheet detailing all my Etihad miles - quadruple or not, I went into my Etihad account 15 mins ago....Guess what, suddenly another 18408 miles have magically appeared! I can prove that they were not there yesterday! Perhaps there is someone at Etihadhelp listening after all?

By my reckoning I still think I have a shortfall of 23499, but beginning to think it may be time to drop the issue, life is finite after all...

But of course, there is still the outstanding issue regarding my missing Gold Card!

Last edited by grannieflyer; Aug 17, 15 at 11:02 pm Reason: adding another point
Old Aug 18, 15, 6:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Missing Miles - Cant submit Claim on website

Hello,

My son and I flew business IAD-CCU, June 11, returning July 4. Miles have NOT been credited. I tried to submit claims via the "missing claims" link on your website, and it is giving me a message saying "retro claim was not processed". Can you help?

Thanks,

Desirees
Old Aug 18, 15, 10:11 am

Hi there Desirees,

Thank you for contacting us here, we will need your Etihad Guest number and PNR so we can advise the relevant team the situation, please private message us the details and we will assist.

Thank you. *HE

Originally Posted by Desirees View Post
Hello,

My son and I flew business IAD-CCU, June 11, returning July 4. Miles have NOT been credited. I tried to submit claims via the "missing claims" link on your website, and it is giving me a message saying "retro claim was not processed". Can you help?

Thanks,

Desirees
Old Aug 18, 15, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Dear Flauschie_Mr,

Thanks for contacting us, let us look into this for you We will get back to you soon with the answers to your questions. We will speak soon, thanks *GW
Hi EtihadHelp GW,

Could you find out anything regarding my question from a couple of days ago?

I post my questions again:

Question 1: Is there (and if so, where can I find it) a table the gives specific information about Tier Miles when flying on Eithad partner airlines?

I’m asking since one gets for an economy class flight 1 tier mile for every 1 mile flown regardless of the economy booking class. At least this is what I got credited into my account (hope this is correct, otherwise I just shot myself in the foot with this post ).

Flights taken on airberlin and NIKI are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore do contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Flights taken on airberlin are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Tier status.

Question 2: Is one eligible to earn 1 tier miles for every 1 miles flown with AB as well regardless of the booking class, given the flight has an AB flight number and is operated by AB?
Old Aug 18, 15, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr View Post
Hi EtihadHelp GW,

Could you find out anything regarding my question from a couple of days ago?

I post my questions again:

Iím asking since one gets for an economy class flight 1 tier mile for every 1 mile flown regardless of the economy booking class. At least this is what I got credited into my account (hope this is correct, otherwise I just shot myself in the foot with this post ).

Have you seen post #19?
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Hi TEX277, nope I did not see it. And thank you for pointing that out to me.

@EtihadHelp, thank you for your explanation. So as long as one is eligible to earn Tier Miles with the respective Partner Airline the Miles Earned = Etihad Guest Miles as well as Etihad Tier Miles.

This was not clear to me, thus the question.
Old Aug 19, 15, 5:18 am

Etihad help have now really helped!

Oohoo. Whilst double checking my personal spreadsheet detailing all my Etihad miles - quadruple or not, I went into my Etihad account 15 mins ago....Guess what, suddenly another 18408 miles have magically appeared! I can prove that they were not there yesterday! Perhaps there is someone at Etihadhelp listening after all?

By my reckoning I still think I have a shortfall of 23499, but beginning to think it may be time to drop the issue, life is finite after all...

But of course, there is still the outstanding issue regarding my missing Gold Card!
Just to let all FT members know, this evening received a phone call from Etihad, so that they could run through my concerns. The call was most productive, it turns out that now, with the magical appearance of my 18408 miles, my account is now correctly credited. They were also most concerned about my missing card/cards, new Gold is to be posted today. And I do believe them.

The very charming and informed guy making the call was patient, understanding and did listen. At the end of the call, after thanking him for resolving my issue, I did point out firmly, that there is a serious lack of customer service at 'ground level'. All it would have taken was an email, two/three days ago from Etihad Help (or more accurately Etihad Guest) stating, so sorry grannieflyer, we now realise that we did not credit you with the correct miles, error has been corrected.

Will inform all if my Gold card does not arrive in post, naturally during the phone call confirmed my address, so no excuses.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: