Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:28 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by PhDflyer
EtihadHelp

Ok I called 10 times support in the last two days. Many promissed call backs, zero received calls.

I want to upgrade my flight with miles. There is availability but when I ask the agents to continue they say there is system problem and no one is doing anything about it. At this rate the one seat will disappear but this level of service is simply not acceptable. The miles are worth exactly zero when even on a flight with availability you cannot redeem them. I will have screenshots, if this is not resolved, I will write it all down and publish what Etihad FF experience really is like.
Hi there, Sorry to hear about your recent experience with your upgrade request. Please feel free to reach out to us through our other social media platforms ( @EtihadHelp on Twitter/ Facebook / Instagram ) and we'll be glad to look into this further. Thank you. *Ann
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Etihad
EtihadHelp : I paid for an Economy Choice Plus ticket for IAD - AUH - BOM. I then upgraded AUH-BOM of that route to Business using 100% miles with the help of the Etihad service center. I don't see any mileage accrual for that leg. Since I paid for Economy Choice Plus for the ticket, shouldn't I get the equivalent miles? I know award travel does not accrue miles. But that would be true in my case only if the AUH-BOM leg did not cost me anything but the miles. Please advise.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by reysir
EtihadHelp : I paid for an Economy Choice Plus ticket for IAD - AUH - BOM. I then upgraded AUH-BOM of that route to Business using 100% miles with the help of the Etihad service center. I don't see any mileage accrual for that leg. Since I paid for Economy Choice Plus for the ticket, shouldn't I get the equivalent miles? I know award travel does not accrue miles. But that would be true in my case only if the AUH-BOM leg did not cost me anything but the miles. Please advise.
Hi there, please email [email protected] with your query and they shall check and advise you accordingly. Thank you. *Ann
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:47 am

Lounge access on arrival at JNB?

Is lounge access permitted in JNB upon arrival? My wife and I have tickets from AUH-JNB with 8a arrival. We purchased separately tickets to CPT leaving around 1p. Is there a lounge we can use as we’ll be arriving in EY J?

Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Hi reysir.
When you upgrade an Economy ticket to Business using miles the fare class changes to I (Business Guest Seat) - by default I Class fares do not accrue miles. You need to request the relevant Economy revenue ticket miles from EY Guest team after the flight.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by lovefly88
Is lounge access permitted in JNB upon arrival? My wife and I have tickets from AUH-JNB with 8a arrival. We purchased separately tickets to CPT leaving around 1p. Is there a lounge we can use as we’ll be arriving in EY J?

Thank you.
Hi there, we do not have an arrival lounge in Johannesburg. However, in the domestic departure area there is a lounge, which you may use for a fee. *Ann
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, we do not have an arrival lounge in Johannesburg. However, in the domestic departure area there is a lounge, which you may use for a fee. *Ann
Thank you for the reply. I understand there not being specifically an Arrivals lounge however would we be permitted to use the Departure lounge with our ticket showing we were on an EY J ticket?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by lovefly88
Thank you for the reply. I understand there not being specifically an Arrivals lounge however would we be permitted to use the Departure lounge with our ticket showing we were on an EY J ticket?
The lounge will be available to you if you are departing from Johannesburg as a business class guest on our flight. *Ann
  • Shongololo / Mashonzha Lounge
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi EihadHelp. Is there anyway to check if the miles I will get from cancelling my award ticket will expire?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Hi EihadHelp. Is there anyway to check if the miles I will get from cancelling my award ticket will expire?
Anyone there?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:44 pm

Hi there, Please get in touch with our Contact Centre on the numbers available on this link: https://www.etihadguest.com/en/contact-us.html and a member of our Reservations Team shall assist you further. Thank you. *Ann
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Hello, the arrivals immigration hall at Chicago O'Hare is a mess due to construction. Do Etihad arrival passengers into Chicago get to domestic baggage claim via the immigration hall or is there a separate route that avoids the overcrowded hall? Thank You!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi there, Please get in touch with our Contact Centre on the numbers available on this link: https://www.etihadguest.com/en/contact-us.html and a member of our Reservations Team shall assist you further. Thank you. *Ann
I have two times now and they are saying they don't have anyway to check. There must be a way to check if the miles will expire?

As far as I am aware 12k will be expiring and my 10% cancellation charges are 20k. So does that mean I would get charged 20k in total or 32k in total? 12k that will expire plus another 20k?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:48 am

I have two times now and they are saying they don't have anyway to check. There must be a way to check if the miles will expire?

As far as I am aware 12k will be expiring and my 10% cancellation charges are 20k. So does that mean I would get charged 20k in total or 32k in total? 12k that will expire plus another 20k?
Hi there.Please send us your ticket details and Etihad guest number in a private message here or send a DM to @EtihadHelp on Twitter, so we can check with the team for you. Thanks. *Ann
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi there.Please send us your ticket details and Etihad guest number in a private message here or send a DM to @EtihadHelp on Twitter, so we can check with the team for you. Thanks. *Ann
So after all this back and forward with EtihadHelp on this thread I was asked to send a PM so they could help. The response I got from my PM was to email Customer Service
Honestly you can't make this stuff up about EY customer service. They are on a different level below zero.

BTW Ethihadhelp I have emailed customer service 2 months back and also sent a reminder a few weeks back without any reply hence why I approached you for assistance.
Amame likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.