Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:21 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by wiivile
Are Etihad Guest redemptions on AA metal supposed to be charged per-segment when connecting? For example, AUS-CLT-FCO with a 2 hour connection in CLT was quoted at 32,500 miles instead of 20,000 miles. Why are they charging the connection separately; is this correct?
Hello wiivile, you can send us your Etihad Guest number via private message and we will check with our team. *Isi
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by wiivile
Are Etihad Guest redemptions on AA metal supposed to be charged per-segment when connecting? For example, AUS-CLT-FCO with a 2 hour connection in CLT was quoted at 32,500 miles instead of 20,000 miles. Why are they charging the connection separately; is this correct?
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hello wiivile, you can send us your Etihad Guest number via private message and we will check with our team. *Isi
Can you answer here on this thread so all readers are aware of the rules/policies?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:07 am

Dear Guest,

The calculation for connecting routes where the mileage values will be calculated from origin to point of transit/stopover to destination. Please contact our Etihad Guest Team for further clarification. *Rose
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:18 pm

I tried posting this question as a separate post. 162 views no answers. I have never flown ey and currently hold aa award tickets jnb/auh/iad in j/f. for early may 2020. I have been trying to add information to the ey reservation, paasport # etc. etc. I am able to input the information but it will not accept it. Am I doing something wrong? If so how do I proceed. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I tried posting this question as a separate post. 162 views no answers. I have never flown ey and currently hold aa award tickets jnb/auh/iad in j/f. for early may 2020. I have been trying to add information to the ey reservation, paasport # etc. etc. I am able to input the information but it will not accept it. Am I doing something wrong? If so how do I proceed. Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you haven't had an answer yet. Can you please send us your ticket number, your AA number and a photo of your passport in private message, so we can assist you further. Thanks. *Ivy
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:03 pm

EtihadHeip:
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am traveling for the day tomorrow so I will get this information to you in 24 hours.

JMJ9905

PS:
Would the EY PNR do instead of ticket numbers?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:05 pm

Please see edit.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by jmj9905
EtihadHeip:
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am traveling for the day tomorrow so I will get this information to you in 24 hours.

JMJ9905

PS:
Would the EY PNR do instead of ticket numbers?
PNR or ticket number are both fine.
But please don't share it here openly. Send it via private message. *isi
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:17 pm

no Guestseats USA-AUH in late 2020, but lots of GuestSeats AUH-USA

Dear EtihadHelp,

Why is it that in Sept and Oct 2020, Business Class GuestSeats are available EVERY DAY for AUH to USA flights, but NO Business Class Guestseats are available on ANY DAY for USA to AUH flights? An example is given below. You will notice that it is the same EVERY DAY. While the images below only show one week to/from Chicago, the same is true for ALL DAYS in Sept and Oct for ALL US DESTINATIONS, and probably for prior dates as well.

I realize that Etihad can choose to make or not make Guestseats available; but this has no logic to it and so seems like an IT glitch. Would it be possible to check?

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Dec 1, 2019 at 6:51 pm
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Dear EtihadHelp,

Why is it that in Sept and Oct 2020, Business Class GuestSeats are available EVERY DAY for AUH to USA flights, but NO Business Class Guestseats are available on ANY DAY for USA to AUH flights? An example is given below. You will notice that it is the same EVERY DAY. While the images below only show one week to/from Chicago, the same is true for ALL DAYS in Sept and Oct for ALL US DESTINATIONS, and probably for prior dates as well.

I realize that Etihad can choose to make or not make Guestseats available; but this has no logic to it and so seems like an IT glitch. Would it be possible to check?

Hi there, thank you for your question. We will check this with our Etihad Guest team and we will get back to you accordingly. *Max
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:49 am

Dear EtihadHelp,

Thanks for your patience. Our Etihad Guest team asked if you could provide us your Etihad Guest number and phone number (including country code) in private message, so they can discuss the availability of guests seats with you. Thanks. *Ivy
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:23 pm

Thanks for your patience. Our Etihad Guest team asked if you could provide us your Etihad Guest number and phone number (including country code) in private message, so they can discuss the availability of guests seats with you. Thanks. *Ivy
This is Etihad Guest's standard response, probably made without even reading my message. I don't see the relevance of this in the present case. I have clearly described the problem to you, including images. It is not a problem specific to me personally. It is not about my account, my booking, etc.

I have responded in the past to the above request for a phone number, and it has resulted in EY staff calling me repeatedly at 2am local time in the US. I am never going through that again.

When the EtihadHelp account was first created, the user(s) of that account would reply to all messages saying, basically, contact us offline. They finally spammed so many threads that they were limited to posting on this one thread; but again, what I am being told on this thread is, contact us offline. But the value of Flyertalk is that it is a public forum and people can share their knowledge and everyone can see the answers.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Dec 5, 2019 at 5:41 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:31 am

This is Etihad Guest's standard response, probably made without even reading my message. I don't see the relevance of this in the present case. I have clearly described the problem to you, including images. It is not a problem specific to me personally. It is not about my account, my booking, etc.

I have responded in the past to the above request for a phone number, and it has resulted in EY staff calling me repeatedly at 2am local time in the US. I am never going through that again.

When the EtihadHelp account was first created, the user(s) of that account would reply to all messages saying, basically, contact us offline. They finally spammed so many threads that they were limited to posting on this one thread; but again, what I am being told on this thread is, contact us offline. But the value of Flyertalk is that it is a public forum and people can share their knowledge and everyone can see the answers.
Hi. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We've asked for the Guest Number to be able to assist you with the booking in case any availability comes up during the call.
And I'm sorry to hear about your previous phone communication with our agents.
As you might be aware, a certain number of redemption seats are made available on every flight subject to our commercial plan.
When those seats are booked up on a first come, first serve basis, we will only review any additional requests 24 to 48 hours prior to departure.
Feel free to get in touch with our contact centre if you wish to be on the waitlist.
*Ari

Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:05 am

...I have clearly described the problem to you, including images. It is not a problem specific to me personally. It is not about my account, my booking, etc....
Hi. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We've asked for the Guest Number to be able to assist you with the booking in case any availability comes up during the call...
Do you see the problem here?

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Dec 6, 2019 at 2:28 pm
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Hi, I can't really seem to find this information anywhere on Etihad.com.
Is there a cabin bonus for tier miles (i.e. first & business earn more tier miles for the same segment)?
Thanks!

Last edited by hilltopper; Dec 29, 2019 at 12:52 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.