Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in Delhi

Hello,

I have a couple of hours of layover in Delhi traveling from US to DEL (in F on EY) then flying Jet domestic (had only coach) ... will I have access to EY lounge in delhi at the international terminal on arrival? I believe EY hires Plaza premium lounge. When I contacted Plaza lounge they responded I need a voucher to enter, which I will obviously not have when arriving at the airport.
Anyone has used their lounge on arrival?

Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the asumption the Plaza Premium lounge in arrivals was a paid lounge, where as the departure lounge is for outgoing on J or F classes only? You're not missing much anyways, Indian standard lounges are horrible in comparison to international contract lounges.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by supergirl1
Hello,

I have a couple of hours of layover in Delhi traveling from US to DEL (in F on EY) then flying Jet domestic (had only coach) ... will I have access to EY lounge in delhi at the international terminal on arrival? I believe EY hires Plaza premium lounge. When I contacted Plaza lounge they responded I need a voucher to enter, which I will obviously not have when arriving at the airport.
Anyone has used their lounge on arrival?

Thanks.
EY does not have its own lounge in DEL. It gives you an 'invitation' to a third party lounge. The lounge is (obviously) in the departure area. As at most airports around the world (other than domestic terminals in the US), departing and arriving passengers are kept separate, and so you cannot go to the departure area on arrival. Except for a very few special cases, airlines do not provide arrival lounges for their J/F passengers, and when they do it is usually only at their home airports, not remote stations such as DEL. (The only exception I know of is AA, which provides an arrival lounge at LHR.)

As noted in the previous post, there is a pay lounge in the arrival area. However, if you are paying, it would make more sense to go over to domestic, check in, and then use a pay lounge there.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:25 am
Original Poster

thanks

thank you jubbing & SeeBuyFly. I have 6 hrs to kill in DEL with kids so will likely pay for Plaza lounge
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:58 am

Some credit cards will give you access (diners, chase ink) as well as priority pass, etc. If you pay you get 3 hrs. Another option is to rent a taxi and visit a few sites. Might also be an idea to pay for a room at the red fox hotel near the airport - they have a pool.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by erik123
Some credit cards will give you access (diners, chase ink) as well as priority pass, etc. If you pay you get 3 hrs. Another option is to rent a taxi and visit a few sites. Might also be an idea to pay for a room at the red fox hotel near the airport - they have a pool.
Aerocity which is a 10-15 minutes drive with traffic (5 without) has a number of nice hotels within meters of each other such as JW Mariott, Holiday Inn, Ibis, and Lemon tree (with like 3 more upcoming), this might be well worth checking into for 4 hours to freshen up. Otherwise just go to the JW Mariott if you don't have too many bags and chill at their lovely coffee shop.

If you don't want to risk leaving the airport, arrival paid lounge is your only option, or you could try this at your own risk (no exp with this) - http://www.newdelhiairport.in/sleepi...s-airport.aspx
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a plaza premium arrival lounge just after leaving immigrations and customs. However its not really a place to wait for your next flight. Go up one level, check your luggage with 9W and enter the domestic concourse. Plenty of things to do, even for kids, they have a playground too.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

interesting option - never considered hotel before, it def looks like a good alternative! thanks. Does anyone know when 9W opens to take luggage and if I am able to hand over my luggage like ~5 hrs in advance?

Originally Posted by jubbing
Aerocity which is a 10-15 minutes drive with traffic (5 without) has a number of nice hotels within meters of each other such as JW Mariott, Holiday Inn, Ibis, and Lemon tree (with like 3 more upcoming), this might be well worth checking into for 4 hours to freshen up. Otherwise just go to the JW Mariott if you don't have too many bags and chill at their lovely coffee shop.

If you don't want to risk leaving the airport, arrival paid lounge is your only option, or you could try this at your own risk (no exp with this) - http://www.newdelhiairport.in/sleepi...s-airport.aspx
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9Ws counters are open 24/7 to accept arriving intl pax luggage in DEL. Note that once you leave the airport, you are not allowed into the terminal till about 3h before the domestic flights departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.