A380 Seats in F

Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
A380 Seats in F

Hi,
we are flying in F on EY12/EY17 which hopefully will be on the A380. When I booked we were given 1H/2H on both flights.Now I've looked I see 3K and 4K are free and, not being familiar with the layout,I wondered if 1H being at the front might be more disturbed than 3K? So for a couple(old) which combination would be best?
The agent I booked with said row 5 would be best but as they are bassinets we cannot have them till just before departure if not required as bassinets.
Do all the A380 apartments have window(s) the seat map suggests row 5 doesn't!

thanks for any advise.........H
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:09 am

3K and 4K (or indeed 3A and 4A) are better than 1H and 2H, albeit the difference is pretty marginal. But if the seats are available, why not?

The C and H seats do have windows but when you are sitting on the normal seat (rather than the bench), you are too far away and around the corner in order to see out of them. You definitely get the light from those windows, however.

Row 5 should really be avoided at all costs. They simply have no redeeming features whatsoever. Not sure where the bassinet actually goes.

Last edited by stargold; Jul 5, 2015 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
I booked 3&4A as I read the best things about it.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
When is EY 17 an A380?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Thanks for the advise everyone.

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
When is EY 17 an A380?
We are on EY17 mid October,I didn't look when it switches from A346 to A380, it may not be A380 every day of the week.

H
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
I booked 3&4A as I read the best things about it.
I flew in 4A, definitely the way to go.

FWIW OP, though I wasn't traveling with him, the only other person in the cabin that day chose 3A. So, in a wide open cabin, two strangers picked 3A and 4A. Sample size of one, but hope it helps.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:42 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by SuanLum
Hi,
we are flying in F on EY12/EY17 which hopefully will be on the A380. When I booked we were given 1H/2H on both flights.Now I've looked I see 3K and 4K are free and, not being familiar with the layout,I wondered if 1H being at the front might be more disturbed than 3K? So for a couple(old) which combination would be best?
The agent I booked with said row 5 would be best but as they are bassinets we cannot have them till just before departure if not required as bassinets.
Do all the A380 apartments have window(s) the seat map suggests row 5 doesn't!

thanks for any advise.........H
Dear SuanLum,

Seats on Row 5 have the window while this is a reversed seat so the window won't be close to your seat.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
For A380:

5C and 5H are rearward facing, bassinet positions, seat next to aisle,
1 window. Worst seats in F.

4A and 4K are forward facing, seat next to windows, 3 windows, bed combinable with 3A and 3K respectively. Best seats in F.

3A and 3K are rear facing, seat next to windows, 3 windows, bed combinable with 4A and 4K respectively. 2nd best seats in F if you are ok rearward facing.

2C and 2H are forward facing, seat next to aisle, 2 windows but you can't see out of them whilst seated in the seat as 3A or 3K's seat surround blocks the view, 2 H's bed combinable with 1H. 3rd option.

1H is rearward facing, seat next to aisle, 2 windows, bed combinable with 2H. 4th option.

There is no 1A or 1C in F, they together make up the residence.

Last edited by rjn21; Jul 7, 2015 at 2:26 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21
There is no 1A in F, that's the residence.
I don't think there's a 1C either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.