Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

so much negativity - for me Etihad is awesome!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

I feel like many recent topics are negative and we need some healthy balance here!
Etihad First was our best flight ever by far. Both ways (LAX-AUH) we had
an AMAZING crew, amazing cook and it was just unbelievable.
There was NOTHING wrong, everything was better than expected.
I was afraid to fly such a long flight (16 hours) and it went faster and smoother
than I could ever anticipate. I can't wait to fly it again
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, BA Blue, AMEX Gold
I, along with everybody here, agrees with you regarding their inflight product. I've never been on EY F, but their J alone wins my business time and time again. However, their ground handling/CS is a major stain on the whole company. You have to chase them around to get them to post your Guest miles/resolve an issue, and believe me, it gets VERY frustrating sometimes. That alone might defer pax to go for EK or QR.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
+1

In fact , +100 !
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: General Awesome Guy
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
I feel like many recent topics are negative and we need some healthy balance here!
Etihad First was our best flight ever by far. Both ways (LAX-AUH) we had
an AMAZING crew, amazing cook and it was just unbelievable.
There was NOTHING wrong, everything was better than expected.
I was afraid to fly such a long flight (16 hours) and it went faster and smoother
than I could ever anticipate. I can't wait to fly it again
As one of the naysayers, I appreciate your recognition of EY performing well. It is a reality that the detractors are likely more vocal that the silent majority for whom Etihad performs satisfactorily or even well.

That being said, have you ever flown F on EK or CX? My hopes for Etihad were so high...maybe i need to wait until they start flying an A380 to LAX!!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:25 am

It is worth emphasizing that the negativity is primarily about things other than the in-flight experience. Most people agree that the latter is excellent; maybe not the absolute best but way up there. So your report isn't really news...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: QF Silver
I still miss the old Kangaroo route days on QF but going with times I try to be open minded and give everyone a fair go. EH in J is good. I'm always happy in F. ALWAYS... until I step off the aircraft in AUH and have to transfer to my connecting flight. How can it be so hard to provide orderly ground handling? Singapore as a hub managed to do things orderly 20 years ago, so why can't Abu Dhabi?

Another gripe of mine is miles being credited, especially on my VA account. Nightmare. It has gotten so bad that I started booking QF/EK again more recently.

The best thing is EH's inability to properly handle extra legroom seats on equipment change. I've booked SIN-AUH-FRA-BNE for private travel a couple of months ago in Y and paid for emergency exit seats. Every time there is an equipment change we got booted off the emergency exit seats (keep in mind I'm 6ft 7 and don't fit in a normal Y seat cos them legs are too long). It has happened 5 times in 4 months. I have to check the booking once a week at least because as soon as it happens I have to call the contact centre to tell them what happened and ask them to fix it. They're always polite when they tell me they can't see that it should be an emergency exit seat. I politely respond that they should look for the payment receipt and surprise, surprise after 3 minutes they find it and promise to send an email to the people who can fix it, it'll be fixed within the next 24 hours. If someone else books the seats in the meantime then tough luck.

I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. If I didn't need to stop over in AUH on the way to Europe I'd still rather go on SQ just to be able to book a flight, get what I booked, not have to transfer in a zoo and not have to chase my miles post travel.

EDIT: Thanks for spotting my fingers irishguy28. EY, not EH.

Last edited by littlegreenman; Jun 17, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
EH is the code for ANA Wings.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:48 am

Nobody disagrees with you.

Etihad is ABSOLUTELY fabulous between these two points:

1) Start: Cabin Crew Arm and Cross Check
2) End: Cabin Crew Disarm and Cross Check

Outside of these two points, I'm reminded of Fawlty Towers more than anything.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:40 am

Again. Don't know where you are reading. No one has any problems in the air, that's why we are all here, they are most often outstanding. It's everything else that's crap.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Agreed the inflight product is way above Emirates in business, certainly in first, and A380 first is unbelievable. I have now managed to bag a second flight on the A380 in first :-)

As everyone else has mentioned. Its the customer service (or lack of) which is the main problem.

If you never have to deal with them because everything posts first time you will not appreciate how inefficient and incompetent they are at resolving simple issues.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:10 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Big_Foot,

Great to hear form you, thanks so much for these kind words! It's our pleasure having you on board and to read this lovely experience. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:13 am

Hi Luftihad777,

We are sorry to hear these frustrations, if we can help in anyway please do not hesitate to send us an inbox message us this experience and we will assist accordingly. We do welcome all feedback from our guests as this is extremely important to us to maintain the best service for all. *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:16 am

Hi WanderlustB,

Thanks for connecting with us, we will be sure to keep you updated about all new routes with our A380, it would be great to see you with us to experience our service. Thanks *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:25 am

Dear littlegreenman,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Flyertalk, let us take the opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience you have encountered in the past flying with us. We value this feedback to improve our guest experience and make this enjoyable for all. Have you in the past sent this feedback to our team? Did you receive a cast reference number? we would be happy to look into this for you is so.

In regards to any missing miles, please send us a direct message with any outstanding and we will be able to contact our team for you. We would be happy to look into this should this be the case and again apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:27 am

Hi dannyrado

It doesn't sound like you've have a good experience! Kindly send us an inbox message to share this with us, along with any flight details or booking references. We would be happy to help *GW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.