Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Etihad guest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, BA Blue, AMEX Gold
Okay now I'm freaking out a bit. I have 100,000 odd miles in the bank and I'd like to use them asap. So if I buy a Breaking Deals fare before July 8, with departure in August/September/October, I can use my miles to upgrade to business? Will the old redemption apply to this or the new one?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Do I understand correctly that only EY guests will face changes whereas partner airlines will keep their award charts for ey unchanged?

FRA-BKK return, as an award flight increased from ~150k to ~235k.

I will really consider if it makes sense to go for platinum this year or if I start searching for alternatives.

I am feeling slightly disappointed...

Last edited by h1ghfly3r; Jun 3, 2015 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Luftihad777
Okay now I'm freaking out a bit. I have 100,000 odd miles in the bank and I'd like to use them asap. So if I buy a Breaking Deals fare before July 8, with departure in August/September/October, I can use my miles to upgrade to business? Will the old redemption apply to this or the new one?
If you buy and upgrade before July 8, then the old rates apply.

If you buy before July 8 and upgrade after July 8 then the old rates should apply - but who knows what actually will happen???

If you buy after July 8, then the new rates apply (in your case - no longer possible to upgrade).
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, BA Blue, AMEX Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you buy and upgrade before July 8, then the old rates apply.

If you buy before July 8 and upgrade after July 8 then the old rates should apply - but who knows what actually will happen???

If you buy after July 8, then the new rates apply (in your case - no longer possible to upgrade).
Thank you for the thorough clarification, irishguy28! Time to shop for a destination, I guess
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Remember that if you upgrade after July 8 you also have to upgrade 48 hours in advance via the call centre. This means there needs to be upgrade class availability - which AFAIK is restricted to 2 seats per cabin per flight.

You will not be able to upgrade at the airport, where they open up all unsold seats. So, it could be possible there will be 10 empty seats in J but you won't get one - because the 2 award seats were booked and the others that were opened to airport / push upgrade will be unavailable to you...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Do I understand it correctly, AUH to DOH in J which is 6657 miles + 90 AED in tax will increase after July 8 to more miles and 100 USD carrier charge + 90 AED tax?

Look's like time to burn baby burn.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:55 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Guest, the easiest way to work out the number of Etihad Guest Miles required for any given journey is to use our mileage calculator which can be accessed by http://bit.ly/1nylJwa Thank you! *ZD
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes
What in the world do blogs have to do with this?
A lot !

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/03...ad-redemption/

"One little-known feature of Etihad Guest is ‘cash and miles’. Many airlines, including British Airways, offer a feature like this. NONE are as generous as Etihad Guest."
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:22 am

Did they take down redemptions or is availability just that bad?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The EY Guest website now has a page about the changes, which also includes a FAQ.

The mileage calculator for flights booked after July 8 is here. But I am not entirely sure that it is showing results which are much different than the pre-8 July calculator here...so proceed with caution.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 3, 2015 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
So what will F redemptions cost on AUH-JFK/SFO/LAX, as selfishly those are what I care about?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch

Why not just be honest? Instead of, 'we started EY guest in 2006" "We want it to remain competitive and sustainable", why not just say "the other airlines have made their FFPs more difficult and more expensive, that made us look too cheap, oh and we've got Nicole Kidman to pay, so we need the cash.."
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by stephem
So what will F redemptions cost on AUH-JFK/SFO/LAX, as selfishly those are what I care about?
See the post above you - http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ge-calculator/

117,560 miles now from AUH->JKF
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
And many of us are still waiting for our 100,000 plus miles as part of the triple miles promotion which I reckon will not appear until after 8 July....
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
[QUOTE=SpeedAdvantage;24912463]Do I understand it correctly, AUH to DOH in J which is 6657 miles + 90 AED in tax will increase after July 8 to more miles and 100 USD carrier charge + 90 AED tax?

Yep. The current 6,450 miles needed will become 12,900 miles needed, + $100 carrier charge + 90 AED tax.
Thank you Etihad Guest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.