Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Etihad guest

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mattoo
I booked a one-way Business class redemption the day before the devaluation in July 2015 for a flight in June 2016. I have just changed it to November 2016 without any extra miles or costs.

My original flight in June was re-ticketed last week due to a schedule change so I don't know if that helped or whether I just got lucky :-)
Sounds good.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:01 pm

Data point: just made a date change to flights booked pre-deval, no issues whatsoever, no additional miles/taxes, completely free. Dates were within ticket validity though.

Got an extremely competent agent who made the change on 4 reservations / 2pax in 12mins.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Data point: just made a date change to flights booked pre-deval, no issues whatsoever, no additional miles/taxes, completely free. Dates were within ticket validity though.

Got an extremely competent agent who made the change on 4 reservations / 2pax in 12mins.
Speaking of which ... since the ticket has been reissued and the validity extended for a year - I could easily push this ahead for 100AED/pax as the agent informed me the next change will cost.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of which ... since the ticket has been reissued and the validity extended for a year - I could easily push this ahead for 100AED/pax as the agent informed me the next change will cost.
I am quite sure that's not how it works. If a ticket gets reissued it still goes off the date of the original issuing date. At least that's how it works with most airlines.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I am quite sure that's not how it works. If a ticket gets reissued it still goes off the date of the original issuing date. At least that's how it works with most airlines.
You're right, my bad.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're right, my bad.
I would like to be proven wrong in this instance though.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone changed the date to beyond July travel recently? That would be 1 yr after the ticket was issued.

I tried doing it earlier 4 times unsuccessfully.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: EY
Horrendous redemption on an open seat from AUH to ORD recently. 157000 miles plus $321 USD in Economy Flex. You can get a Business Guest Seat for 135000 miles on that route. Was the only one available for me on the day I needed but I'm steaming that I had to blow all my miles on such an overpriced booking (was about $1700 cash) . I wish they let you do layovers with guest seats on the same booking, would have been half the rate, including a flight from India to UAE.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by xobile
Horrendous redemption on an open seat from AUH to ORD recently. 157000 miles plus $321 USD in Economy Flex. You can get a Business Guest Seat for 135000 miles on that route. Was the only one available for me on the day I needed but I'm steaming that I had to blow all my miles on such an overpriced booking (was about $1700 cash) . I wish they let you do layovers with guest seats on the same booking, would have been half the rate, including a flight from India to UAE.
Was there a reason you absolutely had to use miles on this particular ticket? I would not have redeemed 157000 miles for $1380 ($1700-$320) of value - I would have happily paid the cash fare (on a different airline, if necessary), because 157k miles is not far off an F return AUH-LHR and more than an F one-way AUH-JFK/SYD.
mlqsko and reigndrop like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Was there a reason you absolutely had to use miles on this particular ticket? I would not have redeemed 157000 miles for $1380 ($1700-$320) of value - I would have happily paid the cash fare (on a different airline, if necessary), because 157k miles is not far off an F return AUH-LHR and more than an F one-way AUH-JFK/SYD.
I agree, the OP is making me cringe
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: EY
To be frank, I hadn't budgeted that much cash, $3400 for that one way. I wasn't sure of the exact date I needed to leave abu Dhabi, and so wound up booking it only two days before. I was operating under the assumption that normal one ways are in the $600 per passenger range. I had booked all my other flights on this trip, us to India, India to uae, with miles, and had always planned to do the same for this sector. I just need never imagined it would sell out so quickly and leave me with no option. Even a one way in business guest would have been cheaper, but there was no availability. 60000 miles in economy guest to Los Angeles was available, but getting from Los Angeles to Chicago in time would have been an issue. No availability to Washington to NYC.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:38 am

Data Point: Sweet Spot on Royal Air Maroc still works

Hi all! After the devaluation rumor, I rushed to make a tentative booking because I previously had a trip on RAM that I canceled. So I was stuck with 44k in my account.

As of 3 days ago, the sweet spot was a still available! The agent quoted me 44k to fly JFK-CMN-FRA. Though the space started disappearing fast. I can’t even get a space out of IAD 9 months out!

So I would do it ASAP. Btw, they don’t allow connection over 12 hours, otherwise they will charge two awards.

Good luck and hurry! :-)
onlysuites likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.