Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Etihad guest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
you actually get a fare class displayed?
I have not been able to get a multi segment flight class or details displayed for months ex UK.

Only non stop flights appear to give fare class and other important details you would actually require like terms and conditions of the ticket you are booking.
Multi segment ... just some garbage about calling to get the fare details??? if booking online...Why would i then want to call before i purchase a ticket?? strange setup

I guess the flights are Z class though.. so no chauffeur drive and the usual 275 GBP to change.
Guess i will not be calling or booking then :-)
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:38 pm

Thanks everyone!

thanks! I'm learning fast...it's complicated!
I also cannot find anywhere online to give me the actual fare class for multi city flights...they're not breaking deals so i presume they're not "t" class. I'm going to take your advice and phone them up and do the flight and the upgrade at the same time.....oh the webs we weave!!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I seem to be having problems getting rid of Etihad, whenever I change my email to stop them contacting me I get this.

Error
We are facing dificulty processing your request at this moment, please try again

That is a copy & paste not my spelling! I have been trying for a while now but they wont let me change anything.
If Etihad help are looking in can you advise how to permanently close my account and my family too, thank you.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Amnicoll,

We totally understand this, and we are trying our best to solve our guests queries here at first reach. While some cases may take some time to sort out with other departments. We are happy to help you here, we would like to have your patience and understanding.

If we have caused any frustration for you, please accept our sincere apologies and we will strive to enhance a better experience from the ground to the sky.

Thank you. *JS
Dear Etihad help

I think the problem is that you always seem to want to take things off line instead of providing full replies and explanations. Of course there are issues that are best taken off line but that does not mean that in some cases that still a general response is needed in addition to the off line

To give you an example where was the explanation about the new Etihad policy about removing the chauffeur to some business class passengers in the thread I started last year one might have expected you to immediately clarify the situation

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...assengers.html
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:51 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by amnicoll
Dear Etihad help

I think the problem is that you always seem to want to take things off line instead of providing full replies and explanations. Of course there are issues that are best taken off line but that does not mean that in some cases that still a general response is needed in addition to the off line

To give you an example where was the explanation about the new Etihad policy about removing the chauffeur to some business class passengers in the thread I started last year one might have expected you to immediately clarify the situation

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...assengers.html
Dear amnicoll,

Thank you for writing to us.

As we have noticed that this change has caused disappointment of our guests. We apologize if this message wasn't communicated to your directly. As you can see from the T&C while booking on our website: https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/plan-an...ook-chauffeur/. It has stated if you are entitled for the Limo service during your flight.

Hope this may help.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by Andy49
I seem to be having problems getting rid of Etihad, whenever I change my email to stop them contacting me I get this.

Error
We are facing dificulty processing your request at this moment, please try again

That is a copy & paste not my spelling! I have been trying for a while now but they wont let me change anything.
If Etihad help are looking in can you advise how to permanently close my account and my family too, thank you.
EtihadHelp may not have seen my request so I'll ask again .... and again until you do, thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Andy49
EtihadHelp may not have seen my request so I'll ask again .... and again until you do, thanks.
Dear Andy,

Sorry for the late response.

In order to look into your request, can we have your Etihad Guest account by DM so we can assist you further.

Thank you and Best Regards. *JS
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

We are working on this, and we have surely passed it on. Please allow us some time, we understand these changes may have caused some disappointments for you, as a loyal Etihad Guest member. We deeply apologize for this experience.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Hi Etihadhelp/JS

I was glad to hear you were working on the feedback we all gave you, any update?

thanks

Mark
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by irish mark
Hi Etihadhelp/JS

I was glad to hear you were working on the feedback we all gave you, any update?

thanks

Mark
yes its been a few days now.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I fear that Etihad feedback is a one-way channel.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Dear amnicoll,

Thank you for writing to us.

As we have noticed that this change has caused disappointment of our guests. We apologize if this message wasn't communicated to your directly. As you can see from the T&C while booking on our website: https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/plan-an...ook-chauffeur/. It has stated if you are entitled for the Limo service during your flight.

Hope this may help.

Thank you. *JS
Thanks but you are missing the point (apart from the fact that the web site at the time made no mention of any changes) what I am saying in relation to this correspondence about the helpfulness of Etihad help on THIS site what should have happened immediately is a clear statement from you (or your colleagues) that there had indeed been changes and a clear statement of what those changes were
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by spizzy
That is what I am thinking of doing. Booking a flight for April, and then when my date comes up for late 2016 changing the date and so I can lock in the current award miles and fees pre devaluation.

EtihadHelp- Here you mention a 25% bonus for points transferred over from Amex, etc-

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...motions/miles/

How long does it take for the bonus 25% points to appear in the account?
Are you sure that this will work, i think the ticket is valid for 1 year and you could only change the date within the validity of the ticket.
Earlier this year (before the announcement of the changes in Etihad Guest) I booked a reward flight for March 2016, as my plans changed, i will have to travel in August, is it possible to change the date after 8. juli?

Otherwise, if I will have to cancel the reservation, how long will it take to redeposit the Points, i used the points and cash option, will they the refund the cash portion or the total Points?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I fear that Etihad feedback is a one-way channel.
Same here. 24hrs later and not a peep out of him.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:19 am

Hi tom-schmitt, our Etihad Guest team will assist you with your inquires. Please contact them at [email protected] for further assistance. Thank you! *ZD
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:39 am

My strong suggestion for Etihad CSRs:

- Do not respond in these threads requesting the OP to contact Etihad. This is clutter, irritates other readers, can be done by PM, and adds nothing substantive to the thread. I suggest the moderator also enforce this.

- Responses by Etihad should contain useful information. E.g. the flight is operated by a xx; the lounge will open in xx, as a F passenger you can avail of xx; we provide pyjamas in F when xx, etc. This type of information benefits all FTers

- There should be one dedicated CS Rep representing Etihad and responding on FT. Having several is confusing and creates additional clutter.

- Etihad must be using a CSR system that uses tickets (as nearly all companies do). When a request for help comes in (e.g. where are my miles?) the ticket should be assigned to 1 CSR - not passed around. E.g. many have received email from multiple CSRs on a single request submitted.

- Etihad might wish to give customers (especially premium) the benefit of the doubt. E.g. If a customer requests missing miles and Etihad can't resolve the issue within a set time-frame, if I were Etihad I would post the miles as a courtesy and close the case (ticket). This would come at very little cost to Etihad. You are losing customers over minor issues.

I very much enjoy Etihad in the air but these issues do not generate long term brand loyalty.

I am sure others have other constructive suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.