Book awards on EY partner airlines

Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
​​​​​​​No need to be mean

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Wow, what a waste of EY miles considering AUH-SYD in Apartments is this much lol
No need to be mean! I had a requirement to be in London at this specific time, and EY miles have a somewhat nasty expiry policy

Also, I think AUH-SYD would be a OW flight. All of the above redemptions were rtn

Last edited by enox5; Feb 27, 2019 at 10:21 pm
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by enox5
No need to be mean! I had a requirement to be in London at this specific time, and EY miles have a somewhat nasty expiry policy

Also, I think AUH-SYD would be a OW flight. All of the above redemptions were rtn
Not being mean mate, just sharing casual opinion.

And again, it's 18 hours in 9W business class vs. 14 hours in first apartment
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Your opinion may not be valid

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Not being mean mate, just sharing casual opinion.

And again, it's 18 hours in 9W business class vs. 14 hours in first apartment
i don't agree with your opinion. I derived value from the Jet Airways booking, as I need to be in London at that time.

If I took a flight to Sydney, I would then need to find a way to get to London, where my wife and family are

So yes, for me, it was not a waste of EY miles
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by enox5
So yes, for me, it was not a waste of EY miles
To me it was
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:04 am

Has anyone had issues with the Serbian call center lately for flights with a long layover? I've been trying to book SFO-PHL-MAN. The SFO-PHL leg leaves at 5:54am and the PHL-MAN leaves at 9:00pm. For some reason on the AA website the individual legs each have availability, but if you search the full route the flights will not show up as a connection. When I called EY guest last week to check availability they said the booking was possible, so I transferred in some points to make the booking. However, today when I was making the booking, they told me that they couldn't add the PHL-MAN segment to the SFO-PHL flight, and added that maybe this was because there was only one saver seat left for that segment. Is this just a case of needing to call another agent? Or is my itinerary actually against the award rules?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Kevin Lu
... Is this just a case of needing to call another agent? Or is my itinerary actually against the award rules?
If your itinerary of interest is not available directly from AA at the Mile Saver level, then no EY agent can book it. Keep checking the AA website.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If your itinerary of interest is not available directly from AA at the Mile Saver level, then no EY agent can book it. Keep checking the AA website.
Man haven't booked in AA in awhile but I remember it used to be if the individual segments had availability and the flights were less than 24 hrs apart, the full itinerary was bookable as a single flight with a layover. Must be a new wrinkle in their availability. Ended up booking SFO -> PHL -> EDI instead since I needed to lock in a flight to the UK
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Man haven't booked in AA in awhile but I remember it used to be if the individual segments had availability and the flights were less than 24 hrs apart, the full itinerary was bookable as a single flight with a layover. Must be a new wrinkle in their availability. Ended up booking SFO -> PHL -> EDI instead since I needed to lock in a flight to the UK
I believe I read that AA is now using married segments. So single segments wont matter.
Its been a long week so dont quote me on that. But worth checking in the AA forum.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
I believe I read that AA is now using married segments. So single segments wont matter.
Its been a long week so dont quote me on that. But worth checking in the AA forum.
That's correct, AA is indeed using married segment logic nowadays. And they are even sometimes using reverse married segment logic which is arguably even more customer unfriendly: https://thepointsguy.com/news/hard-t...merican-miles/
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:04 pm

What was the total taxes/fees for this itinerary? And were you flying in coach or business? I've been trying to figure out whether or not EY passes along fuel surcharges (YQ/YR) for AA TATL redemptions
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by HoKo
That's correct, AA is indeed using married segment logic nowadays. And they are even sometimes using reverse married segment logic which is arguably even more customer unfriendly: https://thepointsguy.com/news/hard-t...merican-miles/
Yeah was sure I read it somewhere.
Connecting itineraries are now much harder to find it seems, which is a shame.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Yeah was sure I read it somewhere.
Connecting itineraries are now much harder to find it seems, which is a shame.
Indeed, and this had a severe impact on one of AA's biggest advantages, which is that you can make fee-free changes to award tickets so long as origin and destination cities stay the same and you aren't downgrading cabins (as well as a few other rules but those are the biggest ones).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hi, I have about 52k miles which should be enough for OW J AA EU-US - can anyone tell me approx fees for the award? Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:41 pm

Fees should be approximately what matrixita shows for tax and fuel surcharge.
747jetter likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:36 pm
zzm

Is anyone else having trouble finding availability for AA flights? The AA site is showing tons of milesaaver availability for JFK-LAX in J and LAX-BOS. But nothing is showing up on Etihad's end.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.