Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Would like to get some advise here for my situation. Early this year I had quite a number of miles expiring so I booked 2 seats in Biz with Air Serbia to Belgrade for travel 2 weeks ago. Due to sudden illness, my travel companion could not travel, so I tired to change the dates which was ok since I was >24 hrs to my departure.
My problem is that I am not able to find 2 biz seats for all the different dates I tried. I had a nice supervisor have the tickets changed to open status. However my ticket is valid till Feb, and trying all possibilities until that time, there are no 2 biz J seats open with Air Serbia. Since I am
- not able to redeposit the miles (I am told if I do that, they expire immediately)
- routing cannot be changed

What are my possibilities here? I have been calling close to daily to check availability for 2, but sadly nothing is being released for 2 until Feb (mainly weekends travel dates).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
What are my possibilities here? I have been calling close to daily to check availability for 2, but sadly nothing is being released for 2 until Feb (mainly weekends travel dates).
You didn't specify which route. Is that an intra-Europe flight? If so, I would first check if it even has a business class. I discovered that although EY prices out and sells 2 cabins, many flights are actually single cabin.
In any case, it may be preferable to take coach than waste the tix.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
You didn't specify which route. Is that an intra-Europe flight? If so, I would first check if it even has a business class. I discovered that although EY prices out and sells 2 cabins, many flights are actually single cabin.
In any case, it may be preferable to take coach than waste the tix.
Sorry, assumed that it'll be seen as an intra-EU flight since it was Air Serbia (yes, I know they fly to JFK), but it's AMS-BEG operated by an A319.

I really feel that I am hitting a wall with this here from availability point of view as no 2x J redemption is available for all my possible weekend.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry, assumed that it'll be seen as an intra-EU flight since it was Air Serbia (yes, I know they fly to JFK), but it's AMS-BEG operated by an A319.

I really feel that I am hitting a wall with this here from availability point of view as no 2x J redemption is available for all my possible weekend.
Looks like your flight has only row 1 designated as business, and it's only a 2:15hr flight. I would request a voluntary downgrade and pick whatever date is still available in coach. If availability in business should open up later, you can always request a free upgrade (as it's already paid for in the original purchase).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Looks like your flight has only row 1 designated as business, and it's only a 2:15hr flight. I would request a voluntary downgrade and pick whatever date is still available in coach. If availability in business should open up later, you can always request a free upgrade (as it's already paid for in the original purchase).
Thanks for the idea. Called and luckily they were ok with it and even proposed to just keep it as a reservation and check frequently before departure if they will release another redemption seat. So far I am glad that they are understanding. Though a bit irritated that took me 5-6 different calls because only supervisors are allowed to authorize this and they are not easy to come by. Furthermore I also need to be connected back to the same call center that initially helped me with this....

Cheers!
MaxVO likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Doesn't Air Serbia have a real J class on their a319's?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
An extra note: for anyone trying to book SAA with Etihad, the surcharges charged are often absurd. For the flight from JNB-MPM, it costs almost as much in taxes an fees as buying a ticket outright! Best to book UA/VS.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Doesn't Air Serbia have a real J class on their a319's?
Not anymore. Just a blocked middle seat, and better food.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by brsm
Not anymore. Just a blocked middle seat, and better food.
Not anymore? Did they downgrade their seats?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Not anymore? Did they downgrade their seats?
Yes, the whole plane is refitted with new Recaro seats (3+3 throughout) now and they just block the middle seat if you buy the business. So only the flight to New York has a proper business class nowadays.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brsm
Yes, the whole plane is refitted with new Recaro seats (3+3 throughout) now and they just block the middle seat if you buy the business. So only the flight to New York has a proper business class nowadays.
Well there goes their USP
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:34 am

Just had an excellent experience making a partner award booking for a ticket on Virgin Australia. DPS-SYD-AKL one way in economy.

Called the US call center, and was transferred to their Serbian call center. I had not even checked availability on the flights before calling, but after giving her my origin, destination and dates, the agent quickly figured out there were seats open and processed the ticket within 15 minutes or so.

Taxes on the ticket were $40 USD.

Posting this as I've heard countless horror stories about the process, but this one couldn't have been easier.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Member

Has anyone had any luck using EY Guest points for flights on Garuda? I called twice today trying to book seats on GA SYD-DPS on a flight where Delta showed multiple seats as did NH but EY had access to none.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by leroy11
Has anyone had any luck using EY Guest points for flights on Garuda? I called twice today trying to book seats on GA SYD-DPS on a flight where Delta showed multiple seats as did NH but EY had access to none.
Seat availability is not always the same, but I'd try running a few times; partner awards usually come down to whom you are (un)lucky enough to speak to. Manchester call center is reportedly excellent.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by leroy11
In 2015 I've booked 2 Seats in J CGK-TJQ-CGK-DPS.for flights in 2016. A painfull process on the phone but in the end it worked well. In my case they had the same availabilty as Delta showed. You should call to UK.

Etihad Call Center Germany : what a mess...good luck !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.