Book awards on EY partner airlines

Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by enox
I was just trying to help, to the gentlemen's question above. I know that I have only started to post, but I can indeed confirm that I have a one-way booked from JFK to Brussels in July-17. Booked in Business, one-way, with my wife

There will be other people on this forum that have booked one-way, but may not want to share that information
Cheers. I have read of others too hence why I asked.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Does anyone know what the taxes are for booking Brussels Airways flights within Europe when using Etihad miles?

Also, do the Etihad call centre charge a fee for making a booking?
Around 65-70 USD round-trip. That's for business class; not sure if it's less for economy.

No fee for booking, only for changing (100 UAE dirhams, about 25 USD) and cancelling (no cash fee, but 10% of the miles paid, and it takes weeks for them to redeposit the remaining 90%).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: Various
Good to know that one way awards are getting through pro-rata on SN - I recently booked on partners (not SN) through EY and was only allowed r/t (no surprises there as the partner award charts said so)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yeah but I have read elsewhere that they are being allowed. Wanted to see if anyone has tried it on here.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Anyone been able to put an award on hold. Need a NH award for 133k but only got 90k so need to transfer some extra in. Don't really want to risk it if the availability on ANA goes?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pogonation
Anyone been able to put an award on hold. Need a NH award for 133k but only got 90k so need to transfer some extra in. Don't really want to risk it if the availability on ANA goes?
They can do it. I have been able to do it in the past but that was due to the fact that they had to check the miles required so a wait from their end.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
They can do it. I have been able to do it in the past but that was due to the fact that they had to check the miles required so a wait from their end.
That's good news thanks. Was going to book HND-LHR however when I spoke to them they said it is 6214 miles despite gcmap saying 5974, star website saying 5966. NHs calculator calculates it as 6214 unfortunately which makes it a lot more expensive and not really worth the miles.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:02 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I need to change an award ticket on Brussels airlines... If award aviabiltiy shows on united.com does it match with Etihad gets? the person told me they had nothing from September until December this makes no sense.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I need to change an award ticket on Brussels airlines... If award aviabiltiy shows on united.com does it match with Etihad gets? the person told me they had nothing from September until December this makes no sense.
Etihad is not part of Star Alliance, hence they dont have access to the same amount of saver lvl seats. The rule of thumb is if you see on united/aeroplan site, Etihad MAY see it too. If you don't see it on united/aeroplan, Etihad 100% won't see it either.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I needed a certain date which was showing as open on EF. Called up EY for a few days and they did not see the seats. Kept on calling as this was the date I needed and finally got a good operator who waitlisted me. Took a day but the flights got confirmed. It seems the long hauls are not "shown" to EY anymore. But waitlisting seemed to work for me.

If you are looking for a certain flight which is available for points on UA ask them to waitlist you as a "good" operator can. If its available it should push through and come up as available within a day.

BTW flew that flight recently and the load was only us and 2 others. Never seen a flight so quiet. Economy was full.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:54 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I needed a certain date which was showing as open on EF. Called up EY for a few days and they did not see the seats. Kept on calling as this was the date I needed and finally got a good operator who waitlisted me. Took a day but the flights got confirmed. It seems the long hauls are not "shown" to EY anymore. But waitlisting seemed to work for me.

If you are looking for a certain flight which is available for points on UA ask them to waitlist you as a "good" operator can. If its available it should push through and come up as available within a day.

BTW flew that flight recently and the load was only us and 2 others. Never seen a flight so quiet. Economy was full.
This is on Brussels airlines?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Want to add a data point here - just booked PRG-ICN for 2 people on CSA. One-way J ticket cost 25k + 160 (mostly YQ). Call was painless, took less than 20 minutes to get ticket issued. Availability seems to match what I checked via FlyingBlue.

I can view the itinerary on Etihad website, but cannot choose seats. CSA website errors out when putting in the PNR. Looks like CSA only has 1 wide-body leased from KE serving this route, but it's definitely a good redemption
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
This is on Brussels airlines?
Yep.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Yep.
Did you need the miles already in your account for them to waitlist it? Still dragging my feet on transferring until I can actually confirm some kind of availability for this or RAM...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by mightyducksman
Did you need the miles already in your account for them to waitlist it? Still dragging my feet on transferring until I can actually confirm some kind of availability for this or RAM...
When I called them, they said I need to have the full amount in my account.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mightyducksman
I would be pretty surprised if they let you do this with no miles. The rep checked how many miles I needed and made sure I had them before waitlisting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.