Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone know any way to get around the 14 day rule. Was wondering if it was possible to book a flight >14 days out and then instantly make a change to a flight 3 days from now?

Or is there any way to get excemptions etc. I am EY gold if that helps..
There isn't a way around. They are firm on this.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Mile redeposit timeline

I have to cancel one partner award booking. On the cancellation call, agent advised that mile redeposit will take 14 business days.
Will it really take that long?

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Originally Posted by geclub1
I have to cancel one partner award booking. On the cancellation call, agent advised that mile redeposit will take 14 business days.

Thanks!
You will be lucky if they are rede posited in 14 days, mine took longer than 30 days, and after repeatedly emailing the Etihad Guest Gold mail id.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
There isn't a way around. They are firm on this.
I beg to differ, PM me if you need more details.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:16 pm

What phone number are you using to book partner flights? I keep getting a message that things have changed as of Feb 15, 2016 and even the new number they provide sends me in an endless loop.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Originally Posted by geclub1

Thanks!
It took about that much time for me. On top of that, when the miles were returned they were immediately removed as they had expired in the meantime. Unfortunately, the agent never mentioned anything to me and simply said I would pay the 2,000 mile fee per ticket.

Just a word of caution; do confirm when the miles would have originally expired before canceling an award ticket.

I am now following up with customer service trying to get my miles reinstated, but likely to be an uphill battle. Had I known I would lose all the miles, I would have never cancelled the ticket.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by timo469
It took about that much time for me. On top of that, when the miles were returned they were immediately removed as they had expired in the meantime. Unfortunately, the agent never mentioned anything to me and simply said I would pay the 2,000 mile fee per ticket.

Just a word of caution; do confirm when the miles would have originally expired before canceling an award ticket.

I am now following up with customer service trying to get my miles reinstated, but likely to be an uphill battle...
Just to save you the disappointment later on, it will likely be a losing battle.
With programs having hard mile expiration (like Etihad or Singapore), booking a ticket will not extend the expiration date. So the refunded miles will expire on the same date as the original miles would have expired (without the booking).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
I managed to redeem EY miles on Gol one-way economy domestic flights in Brazil. Miles were as per GOL Redemption table. Taxes were same as ITA + 1AUD per person, no fuel surcharge(YQ).

Did the same thing on AirSerbia, economy return flight BEG-LHR, miles as per redemption table, taxes around 126AUD(same as ITA+1AUD, LHR is expensive), no fuel surcharges. It was around Christmas/NewYears time and availibility was very good around those dates.

Has anyone made a summary of which Etihad partners (don't) charge fuel surcharge for award flights?

Last edited by brsm; Sep 22, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I did a successful redemption on Jet Airways for a domestic sector in india. Went pretty smoothly.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta
Just FYI, I successfully used Etihad miles for flights from Peking to Xian on Hainan Airlines. It took a couple calls and a couple hours in total. When I first called, they only had first class seating available and I didn't have enough miles. I transferred in some Amex MR during the bonus, called back about a week later when they had posted and then they were able to find economy space. Now I have some extra Etihad miles, I might try to use them for an upgrade or for another trip.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
So I went through this thread and got this table for YQ charges on Award flights

Air Serbia ------- Domestic International 0

Gol -------------- Domestic 0 International

Asiana --------- Domestic International 0

Bangkok Airways - Domestic 0? International $

Hainan ----------- Domestic 0 International

Virgin Australia -- Domestic International 0

Oman Air --------- Domestic International $

Air Seychelles ----- Domestic International 0?

American Airlines - Domestic International 0

Czech Airlines ------ Domestic International $

Brussels Airlines - Domestic International 0

ANA ---------------- Domestic International $?

Jet Airways ------- Domestic 0? International $?

Feel free to edit...
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:36 am

Czech Air booking, round 2

I made another Czech Air booking, ICN-PRG & PRG-MAD. First time around, the agent (from Manchester) was clueless, putting me on multiple extended holds which added up to a 45 minute call before he was finally able tell me that he couldn't find any availability (availability was showing in ExpertFlyer and Air France). Even when I pushed and gently asked him to check with his supervisor, he told me that he could not see any availability or request the seats.

I called back the next day and found an agent that was able to confirm both business and economy availability matched ExpertFlyer/Air France. Taxes and fees are exactly what shows in ITA Matrix, including YQ. Note that business class redemptions incur a higher YQ than economy for the long haul, but not for the short haul. I tried to get him to put both the ICN-PRG & PRG-MAD segments on the same itinerary, hoping for a CSA-provided overnight transit hotel (it's a 16 hour layover), but he told me that he could only book point-to-point. I was issued two PNRs and tickets.

He told me cancellation fee is 10% of miles if cancelled at least 24 hours prior to departure, otherwise it cannot be refunded (I don't think this 24 hour rule was around last time I booked).

Last edited by dustbuster; Sep 25, 2016 at 6:44 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:56 am

has anyone had luck booking US-HKG or US-NRT/ or NRT-US, HKG-US on American Airlines?

I cant seem to have any luck flying out of DFW or LAX.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Booked business class JFK - BRU RT on brussels airlines. Took only couple of calls but I was able to get it and the tickets are confirmed!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ss2000
Booked business class JFK - BRU RT on brussels airlines. Took only couple of calls but I was able to get it and the tickets are confirmed!
Well done! How much were taxes and YQ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.