Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by mediator
Maybe EY just copies and pastes AA's own partner chart
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Not maybe...
Don't give them ideas!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:45 am

Anyone have an idea on how Etihad treats multi-city flights on Oman Air? The terms state one ways are excluded, although this thread shows success with one ways. Curious about multi city.

Looking to go:

1) DXB - DOH
2) DOH - MUS
3) Mus - DXB

Redemption chart on EY is excellent for these routes ( 3000 points each way ) if i can get it to work.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Heads up:

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...gin-australia/

Now reads:

To make a reward booking on Virgin Australia please contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 24 hours prior to your intended date of travel.
It's now also 24 hours on Air Berlin. I wish they'd extend this to other airlines too; ticketing is normally much faster than 14 days (wishful thinking, I know). The CSR in Al Ain did not know this rule and initially refused booking, but accepted it once quoted from the website (after a very long hold).
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...ers/airberlin/
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: EY
Is there any way to book award travel on EY, using AA miles, to Trivandrum TRV? I look on the map and the only ones it shows in India are the big cities, e.g. Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore. Would prefer to use EY from Chicago ORD, but even Qatar Airways is fine, but surprised that isn't there either.

https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by xobile
Is there any way to book award travel on EY, using AA miles, to Trivandrum TRV? I look on the map and the only ones it shows in India are the big cities, e.g. Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore. Would prefer to use EY from Chicago ORD, but even Qatar Airways is fine, but surprised that isn't there either.

https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
You would be better posting in the AA forum on the thread about redeeming AA miles on EY. But the answer to your question is yes you can. AA route map has nothing to do with EY. EY flies AUH-TRV. You can book either QR or EY with your AA miles. They also have 9W as a partner so you could book a flight to most cities in India and then tag on a 9W domestic flight to TRV.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I'm assuming it to be the case, but is it definitely confirmed that EY only has access AA MileSaaver awards (i.e. not anytime awards).
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by tangey
I'm assuming it to be the case, but is it definitely confirmed that EY only has access AA MileSaaver awards (i.e. not anytime awards).
Correct
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:00 am

I had tried to book LHR - ORD - RIC (and Return, RIC - ORD - LHR) which had MileSAaver award available, but the EY agent was not able to get availability (not even if I had offered to pay with EY miles for the domestic segments).

I managed in the end LHR - ORD return, and then booked separate ORD - RIC using Avios.

I've had to call up quite a few times until I could get an agent to even get the TATL segment availability so I snapped it up and didn't think I should push my luck.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Success booking GOL

Hi,

Booked a one way GIG-GRU on GOL airlines for 3000 EY miles and $8.60 in taxes, the availability matched delta s website ( and also the taxes !! ).
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:23 pm

PRG-ICN

Managed to get a PRG-ICN redemption in business on OK (only 1 seat available for the entire month). I asked the agent whether I could hold the reservation while I made a decision, and she said sure. When I called back to make payment, the first Manchester agent I got clearly had no clue what do with the PNR. He kept saying the booking was a cash & miles reservation and kept asking me whether it was in economy or business (strange because the PNR clearly specifies, and showed a confirmed seat), before finally telling me that there was no seat available in either economy or business to complete the booking. HUCA. Next agent also told me that she could not complete the booking because no seat was available. I asked her to check economy availability, and at least she could see that (ExpertFlyer inventory matches what Etihad has, from my experience). I pressed her to try to figure out how to complete the booking and after several holds she told me that she could complete the booking in business after all. With taxes (€21.88) & fees (YQ €160) & €1 fare, total was €182.88 + miles. Note that YQ is €110 for economy.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question

I'm having a lot of trouble booking a flight from DUB-JFK and JFK to LAX. Called three times now without success...

The agents seem to insist that ALL partner airline AA redemptions must be DIRECT, even though I see saver economy "T" class available for both segments on the AA site... However, I know this is not the case and this should be allowed...

Any recent secrets or magic phrases to use that can help me convey this to the Etihad agents?

I called the 888-838-4423 number and requested a local 24-hr ticket office through the prompts, which routed me to what I believe is the manchester call center (based on accent).

The 877-690-0767 number is even worse results, as that number seems to always transfer me to a UAE call center...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by flymax77
Any recent secrets or magic phrases to use that can help me convey this to the Etihad agents?

I called the 888-838-4423 number and requested a local 24-hr ticket office through the prompts, which routed me to what I believe is the manchester call center (based on accent).

The 877-690-0767 number is even worse results, as that number seems to always transfer me to a UAE call center...
I don't think there are magic phrases. There may be a weak correlation between the time of day / day of the week and the successful outcome. I suggest that DP reports list those variables.

IME the Manchester call center may have clearer dialects but not any more motivation in getting the job done. I would stop trying to get to that location (never worked for me). Then there was one female agent (not sure where) who managed to speak with no consonants (no kiding!). I couldn't understand a word, and had to give up. A couple of agents with Middle Eastern and Indian (possibly UAE) dialects were surprisingly competent and friendly.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:28 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi flymax77,

Can you please send us your contact number (including area code), and we will ask our reservations team to call and assist you? Thank yoiu.

Kind regards, *Kim

Originally Posted by flymax77
I'm having a lot of trouble booking a flight from DUB-JFK and JFK to LAX. Called three times now without success...

The agents seem to insist that ALL partner airline AA redemptions must be DIRECT, even though I see saver economy "T" class available for both segments on the AA site... However, I know this is not the case and this should be allowed...

Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:39 pm

Does anyone know any way to get around the 14 day rule. Was wondering if it was possible to book a flight >14 days out and then instantly make a change to a flight 3 days from now?

Or is there any way to get excemptions etc. I am EY gold if that helps..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.