Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Reifel
Hello,

I want to use my Etihad miles for a combination of partner awards.
I want to fly NGO-HND-BKK-USM (NGO-HND-BKK on NH and BKK-USM on PG)

This means I need to put several EY Partner airliens in the same ticket. Is that even doable? And if they allow it, would they price every single segment individually since the redemption tables for each airline is different? If so I am better off to use my Amex miles for another FFP and book at through ticket...
You can't mix partners. These would be separate awards.
Reifel likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
I have seen people say you can fly AA return from NA to Argentina for 37500 - when I look at the chart, it seems off peak economy NA to SA2 is 20000, and return from SA2 to NA is always 30000? SA1 to NA is 17500? Does anyone have experience booking this? does it get booked at 37500 or was that lucky?
thanks
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:20 pm

Etihad will charge verbatim what the current charts state. And yes, they have a few situations when off-peak rates apply in one direction, but not the return.

Originally Posted by dlld2341
I have seen people say you can fly AA return from NA to Argentina for 37500 - when I look at the chart, it seems off peak economy NA to SA2 is 20000, and return from SA2 to NA is always 30000? SA1 to NA is 17500? Does anyone have experience booking this? does it get booked at 37500 or was that lucky?
thanks
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:28 pm

Etihad points to fly AA to Hawaii

Hello. I have just joined FlyerTalk and am looking for some advice. I want to fly my family from Newark to Hawaii in April (8 months from now). I've read about the terrific awards tickets using Etihad to fly on American. My hope is to fly business class from Newark, through Dallas, and on to Honolulu or Maui. I checked on ExpertFlyer and there are seats in the 'U' category for the flight on April 10th. However, when I called Etihad directly, they said they can't see the availability, and that American may be waiting until much closer to the date before releasing those seats to Etihad.

Is there any way to book these tickets this far in advance? I don't want to wait and keep checking, and risk that I don't get the flight, but the alternative is to use many more Alaska Air miles (which shows plenty of availability) to get there on the date we want.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who understands how the Etihad/AA process works. Thank you!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by boogers

Is there any way to book these tickets this far in advance? I don't want to wait and keep checking, and risk that I don't get the flight, but the alternative is to use many more Alaska Air miles (which shows plenty of availability) to get there on the date we want.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who understands how the Etihad/AA process works. Thank you!
Before you can book with Etihad miles, the itinerary of interest must be available on AA at the Mile SAAver level. AA relies heavily on married segment logic. If you want to book several flights as a single award, it's not enough for each segment to have availability. The whole trip must be available for award redemption.

It's not an easy project to find an available itin in business for the whole family, as award availability on AA has been abysmal lately.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:19 pm

Thanks. I looked in ExpertFlyer and the entire itinerary was available in ‘U’ class. But I guess you’re saying that sometimes AA just doesn’t make all of those tickets available to Etihad? Is there no way to get Etihad to see those seats, or am I just stuck waiting for American?

Any thoughts in whether I’m better off just booking through Alaska (for 80,000 points each) or waiting for AA to release seats to Etihad? And if I wait, any advice on how often I should check back with Etihad?

And thanks again. I appreciate any advice from the forum.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:49 pm

... Is there no way to get Etihad to see those seats, or am I just stuck waiting for American?...
Instead of repeating your theory, I suggest that you verify it by making a dummy booking on aa.com or with an AA agent. If you succeed, then you'll probably be able to replicate that with EY miles.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:52 pm

Ok, thanks. And at the risk of being annoying, how can I tell if I can book those as SAAver fares on AA? When I try to book on AA it gives me several options with several different mileage amounts, but doesn’t show them in the old calendar format as SAAver fares like they used to.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:04 pm

Ok, thanks. And at the risk of being annoying, how can I tell if I can book those as SAAver fares on AA? When I try to book on AA it gives me several options with several different mileage amounts, but doesn’t show them in the old calendar format as SAAver fares like they used to.
On the first screen to book flights, make sure you tick the box "Redeem Miles".
On the second screen containing the calendar and dynamic miles requirements, press the light blue button with the text "Business/First MileSAAver".
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Plat
Quick question: can the EY miles be redeem for others, instead of self?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by shihyin
Quick question: can the EY miles be redeem for others, instead of self?
Yes. You can book anyone.
shihyin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:58 am

I was just able to easily book an Oman Airways partner award using Guest miles using their 1-800 call center. Call-in availability mirrored award availability showing on Oman Airways' website. Taxes and fees were 68.80 Omani rials for a flight from Muscat to Bangkok in business class.

The points were instantly transferred from AMEX MR to the Guest program as well. The booking email confirmation from Etihad included both their PNR, and the Oman Airways PNR used to select my seat online.
mlqsko, MaxVO and wsc like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:15 pm

Does anyone have the Serbian call center number handy?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Does anyone have the Serbian call center number handy?
I recall somebody posted awhile ago that the default US number usually connects to the Serbian Call Center (+1 877-690-0767).
Otherwise perhaps this number: +381 (0)800.190.561 (not sure if (0) is needed)
cbourl and mlqsko like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I recall somebody posted awhile ago that the default US number usually connects to the Serbian Call Center (+1 877-690-0767).
Otherwise perhaps this number: +381 (0)800.190.561 (not sure if (0) is needed)
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.