Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can rest assured that anything that still looks like a US flight will be beyond the scope of the AA-EY relationship.

And, as stated above, you wouldn't be able to book it if it was an AA flight anyway.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:36 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I guess Etihad Guest call centre staff - when seeing that there is no availability, ever, when asked to book partner awards - either don't find it strange, or don't care, or have no way of flagging the issue.

How bizarre that the frequent flyer programme acknowledges that the only way it can get intel on the failings of said programme is by reading a third-party website. That's the most damning self-appraisal I have ever seen. It seems that not a single Etihad Guest staff member can recognise - or worse, perhaps, be bothered about - failures in their systems.

You could not make this stuff up! If it did not affect their "guests", it would be hilarious!

Omnishambles was coined for a different purpose. But it seems to fit Etihad Guest perfectly.
Dear irishguy28,

Thank you for flagging this to us.

We understand how frustrated it was. If you are still facing any issues in the near future, please feel free to let us know and we will surely look into your query.

We will also make sure to pass this feedback to the relevant team for further discussion. We will strive to improve our quality of service and offer the best flight experience from the ground to the sky.

Thank you again. *JS
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: -
Has the issue been fixed yet? I want to book an award on South African and having no luck...
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:11 pm

No jokes, I have tried to book on partner airlines using my EY miles about 20 times in the last couple of years and have had no luck.

The response from the agents is always that I should just keep trying with them for different dates. So one time, that's what I did:

I went through every single date for an AA flight from the US to Japan for 2 months and of course got nothing. This had to be done with multiple agents as they kept getting frustrated and hanging up on me

In short : For all practical purposes, the redemption on EY partner airlines does not work.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by jksheikh
In short : For all practical purposes, the redemption on EY partner airlines does not work.
This appears to be the truth. EtihadHelp had promised to report back on this apparent fact, but we have heard nothing.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
I was interested in a bmi award about two years ago. They offered me some award seats. No luck recently. Anyone who had success with CSA?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Just booked an award on Virgin Australia, BNE-VLI, 13800 miles r/t + ~110€ taxes, via the German call centre.

Only issue was that the flight is shown as operated by VA SE Asia, so first they said that it can't be booked as it is a codeshare, but as the route is included in the redemption table (and VA SE Asia is not really a different airline) they did book it in the end.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ritesa
Just booked an award on Virgin Australia, BNE-VLI, 13800 miles r/t + ~110€ taxes, via the German call centre.

Only issue was that the flight is shown as operated by VA SE Asia, so first they said that it can't be booked as it is a codeshare, but as the route is included in the redemption table (and VA SE Asia is not really a different airline) they did book it in the end.
Good news that this was actually possible. Maybe there are ways to get partner awards booked if you go through the right people. ^
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by stephem
This appears to be the truth. EtihadHelp had promised to report back on this apparent fact, but we have heard nothing.
Dear Stephem,

We are still waiting a response from Etihad Guest team. We will surely let you know we had an update.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Seriously? The only way??? The fact that not a single partner award has been booked is not the giveaway?

Everytime you open your mouth, you just shove your foot deeper inside.
false advertising again that's all.in all of this forum there is hardly anything nice to say about EY.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:46 am

Etihad Airways

Hi barry willis,

We would like to turn this around, please be assured we are here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. *GW
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller

Interestingly, the MyFlights app just alerted me of a change of operating carrier - the flight is now "Virgin Australia Intl operated by Virgin Australia Intl".
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
So after sending a message to the CEO through Resolver.co.uk website this morning I got a call back from the supervisor of the Mancherster call centre who confirmed for me that there is an issue with booking SN and a number of airlines and a manual request has to be issued. He has told me that if I want to book anything I can go directly to him and he will sort it. I mentioned to him what about all the other people who are struggling and aren't being told about this issue and he didn't really have an answer.

So I guess all I can suggest is that if you want to book something and call centre staff don't have a clue email the CEO and you will get some action
Can you share the name of the supervisor in Manchester? At least those in need can call up and directly request him before Etihad manages to resolve the issue once and for all.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Well, well... A confirmed unicorn sighting...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by stephem
Well, well... A confirmed unicorn sighting...
It's not. I was able to book partner flights for March 2016 on Garuda CGK-TJQ-CGK-DPS in J. It took long time on the phone because of the manual process but in the end it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.