Book awards on EY partner airlines

Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oxfordjames

One avenue I've had success in a situation similar (think it may have been AA / Gulf) is contacting AA explaining the situation due to the schedule change, they maybe able to open a seat on the more suitable flight and add flight to the itinerary, once they had done this I had to call the other airline who then had to reissue the ticket.
I was going to suggest the same. It has worked in the past.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:19 pm

Been a while since I have considered booking partner airlines with Etihad points. Has their call centre improved on this score, or is booking flights within Europe on Brussels Airlines still next to impossible?

If so, I will cash what little points I have left out to PointsPay and have done with it.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
I was able to book a partner award through the Etihad call center recently. Only took a 66-minute phone call!
I had checked the award availability on the exact flights I wanted before I called and gave the rep exact flight numbers for my whole itinerary. It was still painful

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Been a while since I have considered booking partner airlines with Etihad points. Has their call centre improved on this score, or is booking flights within Europe on Brussels Airlines still next to impossible?

If so, I will cash what little points I have left out to PointsPay and have done with it.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by goldencondor

Booking intra-europe SN flights is actually pretty painless. Availability is pretty good. I've done three bookings in the last few months, and I think I only had to make a total of 4 calls. Which means that the agents are generally pretty well trained, although there are a few clueless ones.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snic
Booking intra-europe SN flights is actually pretty painless. Availability is pretty good. I've done three bookings in the last few months, and I think I only had to make a total of 4 calls. Which means that the agents are generally pretty well trained, although there are a few clueless ones.
Has anyone booked one ways on SN?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Various
I may be wrong but I think one ways aren't allowed on SN with EY miles
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Has anyone booked one ways on SN?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by missgal
You are not wrong.

This year I booked several round trips that will be one-ways when I don't fly the return portion. I know I won't get the miles back, but I'm hoping to at least get the taxes for the return leg back if I call EY after flying the outbound and tell them I'm not going to fly the return.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missgal
Yeah but I have read elsewhere that they are being allowed. Wanted to see if anyone has tried it on here.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Etihad Gust Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, BAEC Silver
I have booked a one way

I have a one way booked. JFK to bru with sn in j. Cost 19k EY miles each. Going in July 17

the availability did not match expert flyer or united website

i called a few agents, to see if they all said the same thing. About half knew what they were talking about

just call again, if they say no one ways!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:42 am

This is very questionable statement, especially knowing how 'by the book" they are.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
This is very questionable statement, especially knowing how 'by the book" they are.
I was just trying to help, to the gentlemen's question above. I know that I have only started to post, but I can indeed confirm that I have a one-way booked from JFK to Brussels in July-17. Booked in Business, one-way, with my wife

There will be other people on this forum that have booked one-way, but may not want to share that information
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:21 am

Thanks for everyone's comments. Sounds like the call centre has improved!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
It will be very hard to get anything done now they have made notes in the reservation.

One avenue I've had success in a situation similar (think it may have been AA / Gulf) is contacting AA explaining the situation due to the schedule change, they maybe able to open a seat on the more suitable flight and add flight to the itinerary, once they had done this I had to call the other airline who then had to reissue the ticket.
Interesting approach. When I called the AA elite desk, they said there was nothing they could do. Maybe next time I'll try that approach.

Could AA actually have added that flight to my itinerary? I'd be amazed if Etihad would then know what to do with it!

As it turned out, this stupidity almost cost me dearly. My bad connection left NYC last night -- about the last flight before the snowstorm shut down the airports there. Had I been stranded, I would have cursed Etihad's name for years.

BTW, with the snowstorm, I was going to try to get AA to reaccomodate me directly. Unfortunately, AA was late issuing a travel waiver. I didn't have "real time" access to this information overseas, and once I found out the waiver was issued, all the seats on the flight I needed were sold out.

Just a lesson in the possible pitfalls of partner bookings when there are schedule changes and irregular ops -- and Etihad is going to be about the worst for helping you with this.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:48 pm

Does anyone know what the taxes are for booking Brussels Airways flights within Europe when using Etihad miles?

Also, do the Etihad call centre charge a fee for making a booking?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:57 pm

I dont think that Etihad call centre have additional chanrges. When I booked, they did not mention the call centre fee, just the taxes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.