Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
Well done! How much were taxes and YQ?
Total taxes and fees were $94.76
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by ss2000
Booked business class JFK - BRU RT on brussels airlines. Took only couple of calls but I was able to get it and the tickets are confirmed!
Originally Posted by ss2000
Total taxes and fees were $94.76
Well done indeed!!!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
has anyone had luck booking US-HKG or US-NRT/ or NRT-US, HKG-US on American Airlines?

I cant seem to have any luck flying out of DFW or LAX.
yes but this was much earlier in the year. havnt seen any availability in ages
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:30 pm

Anybody have an idea of taxes/fees for Oman Air redemptions? ( as in very generally... are they high, reasonable, low? )

Looking at a roundtrip, with stopover option. Something like this:

DXB-DOH
DOH - DXB with stopover in MUS for a week

Looks like *if* i can book it, will be 6000 points, instead of $300+ for similar itinerary ( 3 one ways )
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Anybody have an idea of taxes/fees for Oman Air redemptions? ( as in very generally... are they high, reasonable, low? )

Looking at a roundtrip, with stopover option. Something like this:

DXB-DOH
DOH - DXB with stopover in MUS for a week

Looks like *if* i can book it, will be 6000 points, instead of $300+ for similar itinerary ( 3 one ways )
i got a quote for O/W J tickets
FRA-MCT-BOM 195 EUR
MXP-MCT-BOM 149 EUR

I would imagine for most J it should be between 140-225 USD
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
i got a quote for O/W J tickets
FRA-MCT-BOM 195 EUR
MXP-MCT-BOM 149 EUR

I would imagine for most J it should be between 140-225 USD
Taxes and fees on WY FRA-MCT-BOM are ~194 EUR as listed on ITA Matrix, which pretty much matches what you were quoted. This includes a €105 YQ & €2.32 YR.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:47 pm

what dates did you book for on JFK - BRU RT business class on brussels airlines? Trying to find out when award availability opens up for early/mid September 2017? Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:25 am

Here's another data point. I was able to book a pair of seats for JFK-BRU business class for July 2017. The CSR was nice enough to check on which dates had availability and there were still some July dates available.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Am new to redeeming EY miles. I was exploring whether I could redeem EY miles on AA for a trip from PEK/TYO to SEA. Since AA has no direct flights, I have to route thru a hub.

When I search on EF for this, do I have to make sure that both U (for TransPac) and Z (for domestic) classes are available for the 2 legs? (IE, if AA186 PEK-ORD has U1 and AA1300 ORD-SEA has Z0, would I be able to book this? or must both sectors have U1 and Z1 availability?)

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:05 am

Hi all, just wanted to keep the thread alive with a recent datapoint. Just made a successful JFK-BRU r/t business class booking for two. Late August 2017 to mid Sept. 36,620 guest miles + $94.76 per ticket (though I transferred TYP during the recent 20% promo so it really only cost me ~30,500 per). Called the main Etihad number and was (luckily, I think) routed to Manchester call center. Agent was very competent and the phone call from intro to fully ticketed was 30 min. Be advised that Etihad availability did not match up 100% to star alliance avail (United and aeroplan). Some dates did, but for others, the agent couldn't see tix on dates that UA/AC said was avail. I got a good feeling about this guy, so didn't HUCA and still got good dates. He confirmed changes were allowed for 100 AED (about $27 at the time of this post) per ticket up to 24 hours before flight, and refunds cost 10% of the miles.

Good luck!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:13 pm

Data Point JFK to BRU

Just wanted to add a datapoint.

I was able to book two tickets as follows. Availability in August/September 2017 is quite tight--only a couple days available all month for business class tickets. I was allowed after asking to book the outbound trip in business and the inbound trip in Economy, hence the odd number of miles below. It sounded like economy availability was pretty decent, however.

Total Etihad points required: 29,291 x 2 = 58,592
Total fees paid: $93.86 x 2 = $187.72
My net points value comes out to $0.084 factoring in transfer bonuses. Those were all CC sign-up bonus points anyway, so I'm feeling pretty good about this.

JFK -> BRU RT
Out on August 26 - Business
Back on September 5 - Economy

Fare classes I and X respectively.
I was told that the economy tickets are not eligible for upgrades.

I called the Manchester, UK, phone number given by TPG using Skype. My total time on the phone was about an hour. The agent had to put me on hold several times in the process. After the first round of searching and hold, the agent seemed to be able to very quickly see availability.

I have all the ticketing information in my email and it is correct. Does anyone know if I'll ultimately be able to select seats, meals, etc.? Also, I assume not, but there no chance of squeezing some United miles or something out of this is there?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rob Luckey
I have all the ticketing information in my email and it is correct. Does anyone know if I'll ultimately be able to select seats, meals, etc.?
Get the SN "Reservation Code" from Etihad, then call the airline to reserve seats. Their website won't have that capability.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Get the SN "Reservation Code" from Etihad, then call the airline to reserve seats. Their website won't have that capability.
I called SN to reserve my seat the day i booked my tix and the CSR said that he was unable to because the seats are not avail to be reserved until a few months before departure. He said check back in June 2017.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by darkice81
I called SN to reserve my seat the day i booked my tix and the CSR said that he was unable to because the seats are not avail to be reserved until a few months before departure. He said check back in June 2017.
You should be able to reserve the business leg at any time. HUCA until you get a sensible agent.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
You should be able to reserve the business leg at any time. HUCA until you get a sensible agent.
You were correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.