Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by jcsimard
Just booked my return tickets:

2x DUB-ORD-MIA, on American Airlines, economy, one-way, 30,000 EY miles + US$70.66 per ticket

I called the US number and reached the Manchester call center. I talked to a very nice, patient and knowledgeable agent.

It took about one hour to complete the booking.

I already had 40,000 miles in my account to cover the cost of 2 off-peak tickets on AA back from Europe to the US. SURPRISE... off-peak 20,000 miles award is only from the US to Europe, not Europe to the US (it's on the chart)! So I had to transfer more Amex MR points while on the phone, to complete the booking.

Very positive experience again, and I would not hesitate to book award through Etihad in the future.
Assuming you mean the Manchester UK office then I would echo your experience for booking they are superb at helping customers make their bookings especially those that might be a bit more complex than normal. From memory it was about £10 more expensive to book on the phone than on the internet but i would never to find and book what I needed without the help of the center.

There are many areas where Etihad let themselves down but this is no one
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by jcsimard
Just booked my return tickets:

2x DUB-ORD-MIA, on American Airlines, economy, one-way, 30,000 EY miles + US$70.66 per ticket

I called the US number and reached the Manchester call center. I talked to a very nice, patient and knowledgeable agent.

It took about one hour to complete the booking.

I already had 40,000 miles in my account to cover the cost of 2 off-peak tickets on AA back from Europe to the US. SURPRISE... off-peak 20,000 miles award is only from the US to Europe, not Europe to the US (it's on the chart)! So I had to transfer more Amex MR points while on the phone, to complete the booking.

Very positive experience again, and I would not hesitate to book award through Etihad in the future.
Although disappointing that there is apparently no offpeak rate for Europe -> US, your post is confirmation that they will treat such AA routings that include a connection within the US as a single redemption. After some discussions on here, I was left with the impression that they might treat each flight as an individual redemption.

Also, although the updated t&c allows them to charge extra surcharge on partner redemptions, your total taxes would suggest that they are so far not doing so on AA flights. Does your breakdown of the fees mention a carrier charge ?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Talking Booked My Best Redemption Yet - 5 LAX->LHR Direct 1-Way flights for 100K Total on AA

1) signed up for AMEX BENZ PLAT 75K offer for $3K spend

2) transferred 78K MR with current 30% transfer bonus to Etihad for 101.4K Etihad Points

3) Redeemed for 5 economy off-peak saver seats during mid-october on a direct AA flight from LAX->LHR @ 20K + $29.90 taxes each for a total of only 100K + $149.50!

Love how USA->Europe off-peak economy is only 20K one way still when using Etihad and also starts October 15th instead of November 1st! ^

Manchester Agent was very polite, but she did not know that the flights were only 20K each. She originally calculated 30K each until I politely corrected her and referred her to the chart on the website, which she then had to run by a supervisor to redo the ticket. Somehow even thought I called with all the information ready to feed to her, the whole process still took 1 HR with multiple hold times of 10-15 minutes with no update while I just sat and waited hoping to not get "disconnected".

Taxes were about $25 higher though with Etihad than if booked with AA - anybody know how the heck they calculate this so much higher? See receipt below:

All in all, outstanding value and I will definitely be using Etihad guest points more often while this lasts!@:-)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
.. Does your breakdown of the fees mention a carrier charge ?
The called it "US Int'l transportation tax" on mine above
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:45 pm

Question

Originally Posted by flymax77

Taxes were about $25 higher though with Etihad than if booked with AA - anybody know how the heck they calculate this so much higher? See receipt below:

bump
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:18 am

Heads up:

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...gin-australia/

Now reads:

To make a reward booking on Virgin Australia please contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 24 hours prior to your intended date of travel.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Heads up:

Now reads:

To make a reward booking on Virgin Australia please contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 24 hours prior to your intended date of travel.
Thats better.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wish there were a wiki on booking partner awards with EY miles as there is tremendous value here. Anyone booked Brussels Airlines awards? I would like to book JFK-BRU-JFK, but not sure if they only allow ex-BRU redemptions...does anyone know?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wish there were a wiki on booking partner awards with EY miles as there is tremendous value here. Anyone booked Brussels Airlines awards? I would like to book JFK-BRU-JFK, but not sure if they only allow ex-BRU redemptions...does anyone know?
SN is not bookable on that route. Forget about it.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Heads up:

Now reads:

Now we can book business class as well?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:09 am

Does anyone have experience of successful bookings of Brussels Airline flights through Etihad?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Does anyone have experience of successful bookings of Brussels Airline flights through Etihad?
A quick search first would have yielded the answer ... Redemptions in SN using EY miles

Looks like there are only 2 or 3 success stories but they give a break down on how to Increase your chances of making a successful redemption.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
A quick search first would have yielded the answer ... Redemptions in SN using EY miles

Looks like there are only 2 or 3 success stories but they give a break down on how to Increase your chances of making a successful redemption.
Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by little bunny
Now we can book business class as well?
Business class on VA was always available. It used to be 14 days advance booking, now 24 hours.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Some of the zones on the AA chart just does not make any sense. Inter island Hawaii? Wholly within Germany?! Maybe EY just copies and pastes AA's own partner chart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.