Book awards on EY partner airlines

Old May 26, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Not sure if this was covered before, but has anyone cancelled a partner award ticket? You get the taxes and miles less 2k?
I had one of mine cancelled by EY because they booked me into non confirmed flights. Was refunded full amount of 110k miles but ended up only transfering 94k miles to my account for some reason. Tried to get an explanation from them but in over a week nothing
Old May 26, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mike84k
I had one of mine cancelled by EY because they booked me into non confirmed flights. Was refunded full amount of 110k miles but ended up only transfering 94k miles to my account for some reason. Tried to get an explanation from them but in over a week nothing
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/terms-and-conditions/

8. Redeeming Etihad Guest Miles
8.7. Change/Cancellation/loss of a Flight Reward ticket
8.7.4. Refunds are permitted up to 24 hours prior to the flights departure. A flat refund fee of 10% of the total miles required for the reward booking will apply, excluding any applicable taxes and carrier charges. This Refund fee is subject to change at any time without notice. Refunds can only be processed via the Etihad Guest Service Centre.
Still doesn't make a lot of sense as 110k less 10% is 100k, not 94

Although in your case, it wasn't your fault or voluntary cancellation... even more ridiculous.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/terms-and-conditions/

Still doesn't make a lot of sense as 110k less 10% is 100k, not 94

Although in your case, it wasn't your fault or voluntary cancellation... even more ridiculous.
expired, maybe?
Old May 26, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
expired, maybe?
Of course, that would make sense.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by mike84k
I had a 10k flight cancelled due to partner airline scheduling (they stopped flying the route). It took more than a month (with some prodding) to get 8k & taxes refunded, and more than 4 months (with tons of prodding, denials, and exec escalation) to get the remaining 2k credited for involuntary cancellation. Ironically, while I was waiting for the 2k to rebook a different redemption, the 8k was "adjusted" out of my account due to expiration (even though my account statement indicated that they would not expire for at least a year).

Oh, and "EtihadHelp" has still never gotten back to me.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:41 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by dustbuster
I had a 10k flight cancelled due to partner airline scheduling (they stopped flying the route). It took more than a month (with some prodding) to get 8k & taxes refunded, and more than 4 months (with tons of prodding, denials, and exec escalation) to get the remaining 2k credited for involuntary cancellation. Ironically, while I was waiting for the 2k to rebook a different redemption, the 8k was "adjusted" out of my account due to expiration (even though my account statement indicated that they would not expire for at least a year).

Hi Dustbuster, we understand your frustration and would be more than happy to assist you on this issue. Have you been dealing with a case officer on this? If so we would kindly ask you to private message us your case number. However, if you are yet to receive a case number we would appreciate if you could send on the full details of your issue along with your booking reference and email address. Thank you. *Pennie
Old May 27, 2016, 1:47 am

What about the taxes? Did you get the funds back and if yes, how long did it take?
Old May 27, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Dustbuster, we understand your frustration and would be more than happy to assist you on this issue. Have you been dealing with a case officer on this? If so we would kindly ask you to private message us your case number. However, if you are yet to receive a case number we would appreciate if you could send on the full details of your issue along with your booking reference and email address. Thank you. *Pennie
Woah, EtihadHelp is back in the threads?

EtihadHelp, I have 6 PMs from you about this issue since February, each one promising that they would "follow up" or "fast track" and get back to me. I gave up trying to resolve this, and simply won't be flying with Etihad anymore.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:02 am

What about the taxes? Did you get the funds back and if yes, how long did it take?
Yes, taxes and fees were refunded to my card a little over a month after cancellation, with some phone prodding and after opening a chargeback.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:02 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Woah, EtihadHelp is back in the threads?

EtihadHelp, I have 6 PMs from you about this issue since February, each one promising that they would "follow up" or "fast track" and get back to me. I gave up trying to resolve this, and simply won't be flying with Etihad anymore.
We have looked up your interactions and sent a reminder email to the relevant department who will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. *Pennie
Old May 27, 2016, 2:41 am

Yes, taxes and fees were refunded to my card a little over a month after cancellation, with some phone prodding and after opening a chargeback.
Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
anybody booked any off-peak redemptions using EG miles on to fly AA recently?

The 40K round trip from LAX to CDG sounds pretty sweet

Dreading dealing with the EG call center, but I see avail on AA...
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:33 pm

I am looking to use Etihad miles to book a round trip US-Europe Award on AA.

Can I book stopovers and an open jaw for 40,000 off peak EG miles round trip?

If so, how many stopeovers or open jaws are allowed, and how much does this affect the 40K off peak round trip price!

Any advice or clarification is much appreciated.

See terms from website below, which are not clear:

************Reward tickets are valid for a maximum period of one year from the original date of issue.
Seats are subject to availability.
One way tickets are permitted.
A reward ticket for a child will be issued at the same value as for an adult.
Infant tickets will be issued at 10% of the adult mileage value.
Applicable taxes and surcharges will have to be paid at the time of ticket issuance.
Award tickets are not valid on codeshare flights.
Cancellation / Refund and changes are as per Etihad Guest Terms and Conditions.
Stopovers are permitted. American Airlines will not provide hotel accommodation for the transit period.
Name changes are not permitted.
Off Peak dates are as follows:

Between North America and Europe – October 15 – May 15
Between North America and Asia Zone 1 – October 1 – April 30
Between North America and South America Zone 2 – March 1 – May 31 and August 16 – November 30
Between North America and Hawaii – January 12 – March 8, August 22, and December 15
*Fare Class X is valid for upgrade to First Class. Mileage accrual will be determined using the base miles and class of service bonus miles applicable for travel in the cabin originally booked.

*Fare Class C is valid for upgrade to business class. Mileage accrual will be determined using the base miles and class of service bonus miles applicable for travel in the cabin originally booked.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:13 pm

You just killed my eyes. Excellent choice of styling
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:09 pm

You just killed my eyes. Excellent choice of styling
Thanks for taking the time to contribute this very useful information

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.