Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Bonus Miles Offer - (3 to 4X Miles)Targeted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
But there is no FROM date on the current booking promo dates
Checked up with the call center rep, they say its applicable since the promo went live till June 4 (so May 13?). Also, registration needs to be done before ticket is issued.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: BMI

Hi,

Apologies for the newbie question (I'm still waiting for my first set of bonus miles to post so don't know the answer). However, is the triple / quad bonus miles normally on the miles after the cabin and member tier bonus?

I'm EY gold. If I fly to Hong Kong return on a cheap business class in this quad offer, can someone advise what I ought to expect in miles.

Thanks

Jonathan
Old May 14, 2015, 4:42 am

bonus is on base booking class miles and not miles after tier. Calculate based on if you had no status.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:43 am

They have a similar promo for business connect ;

We are pleased to announce an exclusive bonus miles offer for our Etihad Guest members connected to BusinessConnect accounts, our loyalty programme for businesses. Book and fly before 30 June 2015 to earn:

Quadruple miles for travel in First or Business Class.

Double miles for travel in Economy Class.
Hurry, this offer is valid for booking and travel until 30 June 2015

Terms & conditions apply:
Promotion is only valid for bookings and travel from 10 May to 30 June 2015. The double/quadruple miles offer is only valid for Etihad Guest accounts registered using the registration link above. BusinessConnect travellers are defined as Etihad Guest members that are connected to an Etihad BusinessConnect account. They will earn double/quadruple miles based on the booked cabin for every segment flown during the promotion period: double miles for flying Economy Class and quadruple miles for flying Business or First Class to all destinations during the promotion period. Members only earn bonus base miles and class bonus miles. The bonus miles will only be offered on Etihad operated flights, redemption and codeshare flights will not earn bonus miles. The bonus miles earned will be Etihad Guest miles and not Tier Miles or BusinessConnect miles. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion from Etihad Guest or Etihad Airways. The double/quadruple miles will be awarded to the customer's Etihad Guest account within 10 working days from the promotion end date.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
Hi,

Apologies for the newbie question (I'm still waiting for my first set of bonus miles to post so don't know the answer). However, is the triple / quad bonus miles normally on the miles after the cabin and member tier bonus?

I'm EY gold. If I fly to Hong Kong return on a cheap business class in this quad offer, can someone advise what I ought to expect in miles.

Thanks

Jonathan
The Bonus miles are applicable only for distance + cabin bonus. Tier bonus is not included in this calculation of bonus miles.

for instance (from my statement, double miles on business offer from Feb),

06/03/2015 Fare Bonus 927
06/03/2015 AUH - BKK EY0404 /Z 3091
06/03/2015 Premium Bonus Miles Offer 4018
Old May 14, 2015, 7:44 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by KC01
Just got this in my box. Cant find any reference to this on the promotions page of the etihad site, so this may be targeted.

-----

Dear KC01,

You could be on your next holiday sooner than you think, thanks to our latest Bonus Miles offer.

Book your next First or Business Class flight before 4 June 2015 and earn Quadruple Etihad Guest Miles .Economy Class bookings will earn Triple Etihad Guest Miles - enough to get you closer to a free flight on your next holiday.

This exclusive member offer is available for travel on all routes between 15 May 2015 and 29 Feb 2016.*

-----

Dear Guest,

Please be advised that once you are on etihad.com and you will see this promotion for Etihad Guest on the right side.

Thank you. *JS
Old May 14, 2015, 7:51 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I've asked them to confirm. If it is copacetic, I'll be booking flights to Abu Dhabi in J at the end of August. Will be interesting to try and compare, as we're flying to Singapore in F in December, which has now been upgraded to the Dreamliners on the second leg of the journey.
Hi, it is for all the Etihad Guest members. Please check the promotion here: http://www.etihad.com/en/. Thank. *JS
Old May 14, 2015, 9:15 am

So people are aware, Etihad have responded to say this cannot be used with the 10% offer that is currently available. So it's a case of calculating whether the extra miles are worth the amount that you'd save.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: BMI

Thanks for your advice. I can now calculate whether it's worth flying EY more than normal for the extra miles (probably so)
Old May 14, 2015, 10:27 am

Quick questions - the promo email for this opens by saying 'book your NEXT flight and'...

Two issues

1. If I book three different return trips is the bonus miles valid on all of them rather than just they 'next' flight?

2. This offer doesn't have the usual terms and conditions about how you can book online, by phone or through a travel agent. Do bookings through a travel agent still count?

I have been trying other airlines so the right answers could tempt me back.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pml147
Quick questions - the promo email for this opens by saying 'book your NEXT flight and'...

Two issues

1. If I book three different return trips is the bonus miles valid on all of them rather than just they 'next' flight?

2. This offer doesn't have the usual terms and conditions about how you can book online, by phone or through a travel agent. Do bookings through a travel agent still count?

I have been trying other airlines so the right answers could tempt me back.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Not too sure on point#1
But #2 is covered, they have the offer up on their homepage now and the T&C clearly state - "Book your flight online, through our Global Contact Center or your nearest travel agent."
Old May 15, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Etihad,
would i get Triple miles if i book with travelagent ?
Old May 16, 2015, 7:23 am

Hi,

I have registered for this promotion. Then after registration a code showed up, do i need to use that code to get those triple miles, cause i get an error when i fill it in the promotion code field on etihad. Or do i get the miles automatically whithout further using the code?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2015, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashparm1
would i get Triple miles if i book with travelagent ?
Yes

Originally Posted by TheBlackMamba
Hi,

I have registered for this promotion. Then after registration a code showed up, do i need to use that code to get those triple miles, cause i get an error when i fill it in the promotion code field on etihad. Or do i get the miles automatically whithout further using the code?

Thanks
Code is just for your reference in case miles don't post and you have to then chase up Etihad at a later date.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by TheBlackMamba
Hi,

Thanks
Originally Posted by KC01
Yes

Code is just for your reference in case miles don't post and you have to then chase up Etihad at a later date.
The miles may or may not post automatically (most likely not)

The code is meaningless even when you do try chasing the miles (as you most likely will), they will claim no knowledge of the code you reference...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.