FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   New "Etihad Premium" Customer Service channel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1678674-new-etihad-premium-customer-service-channel.html)

B747-437B May 9, 2015 8:43 am

New "Etihad Premium" Customer Service channel

Got this in email this afternoon.

We’ve launched a Twitter Channel to better serve you! We value your loyalty and have created a new channel that delivers a range of benefits with you, our guest, in mind.

Etihad Guest Gold members can now follow us on www.twitter.com/EtihadPremium and enjoy the following exclusive benefits:

Five minute response times
Dedicated service
Retro mileage claims
Exclusive deals

To sign up, please:

Email us at [email protected] with: a photocopy of your Etihad Guest Card, Date of Birth, Post Code, Twitter Handle.
Please allow 24 hours for review and verification.
Post-verification, our team will follow you on Twitter and send a confirmation email.
Follow us back at www.twitter.com/EtihadPremium

We look forward to welcoming you to our newest online destination, Etihad Premium.

sabdhabi May 9, 2015 9:07 am

Yeah, me too. I'm Etihad Platinum. I wonder if it's for Silver and Gold too, or maybe Gold and Platinum? I wonder what they mean by Premium? Just Platinum??

gojko88 May 9, 2015 9:28 am

They said "Etihad Guest Gold Members" in the e-mail, so Gold and Platinum are certain.

VH-RMD May 9, 2015 9:37 am

I am Gold and got the email, I don't use Twitter however...

B747-437B May 9, 2015 10:34 am

So basically they are setting up a Twitter bot that responds within 5 minutes by posting :

Please forward an email with all the details to this address [email protected] and we will look into it for you.
Thank you. *FU

mlqsko May 9, 2015 1:45 pm

^^^^ hahahhahaha

northshorepa May 9, 2015 6:18 pm

I am Gold and did in fact receive a response within 3 minutes...However, this was the response: "Can you forward your request to [email protected] so we can follow up on it for you? *DP"

I guess you have to start somewhere.

SeeBuyFly May 9, 2015 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by northshorepa (Post 24791758)
I am Gold and did in fact receive a response within 3 minutes...However, this was the response: "Can you forward your request to [email protected] so we can follow up on it for you? *DP"

I guess you have to start somewhere.

At least it wasn't signed *FU

NoY May 9, 2015 8:29 pm

Mmmmm? I got this too. Clearly, their intention is to improve CS for Elite guests - sounds great - but, of course, I have my doubts that execution will match the words..I have WY (Oman Air) flight coming soon and I would bet my Gold card that they do not post without MUCH shenanigans..... :D

amnicoll May 10, 2015 4:56 am

me too gold and do not use twitter

Retro claims why can they simply not sort out the current system, I used the web to claim and it would only go as far as this:

Warning (high priority message)
The retro claim was not processed.

I then emailed guest gold on may 6th and still waiting for the miles to be credited

5 min response or 5 min acknowledgement? Unless they speed up the response it is meaningless

dedicated offers - so now even though I am meant to be a "valued guest" and a loyal traveler not only have they taken away my chauffeur (use Z class) but now they are going to deprive me of these dedicated deals

Rather looks to me as if Etihad are further pi**ing of the likes of me

Work-Shy May 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Hardly a great start to this venture as I e-mailed the requisite information 2 days ago and am still waiting for a response/verification (despite the promise of confirmation within 24 hours). I fear this is totally indicative of the usual well-intentioned but poorly-executed Etihad promotions.

amnicoll May 11, 2015 3:17 am

I wonder why the silence from Etihad on this but then again most of their posts are "cut and paste" send us your email address rather than any attempt to answer issues

jerryhung May 11, 2015 8:39 am

Data point

I just sent email to Etihad with my status matched Gold # (no card scan) and they replied & followed me in 5 minutes!!! WOW.... still hoping for no future issue on my JFK-AUH though requiring a Tweet to them

VH-RMD May 11, 2015 10:36 am

Well they are not answering their telephones! 1 hour on hold on the First/Business booking line...

mlqsko May 11, 2015 10:43 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung (Post 24797931)
Data point

I just sent email to Etihad with my status matched Gold # (no card scan) and they replied & followed me in 5 minutes!!! WOW.... still hoping for no future issue on my JFK-AUH though requiring a Tweet to them

2hrs+ and counting after the automated email confirmation.