Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

9 hour layover at AUH: Hotel stay at Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9 hour layover at AUH: Hotel stay at Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
Use the Premier Inn - It will be 10x better then pods and likely the same price.
Thanks for the advice -- that's where I'm leaning, but it brings me back to my original question. The Premier Inn is outside the secure area, right? So, will my family need visas even though the hotel is "at the airport"? Also, we're US citizens returning home. I see there is a US preclearance system at AUH. Once we've cleared, I assume we have to wait in some designated space? We're flying in First and Business, so have lounge access. Is it better to visit the lounges first, and clear US customs as late as possible? Or am I wrong, and we can return to the lounge after clearing customs?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Thanks for the advice -- that's where I'm leaning, but it brings me back to my original question. The Premier Inn is outside the secure area, right? So, will my family need visas even though the hotel is "at the airport"? Also, we're US citizens returning home. I see there is a US preclearance system at AUH. Once we've cleared, I assume we have to wait in some designated space? We're flying in First and Business, so have lounge access. Is it better to visit the lounges first, and clear US customs as late as possible? Or am I wrong, and we can return to the lounge after clearing customs?
OP Go for the Premier Inn. We did last December.
We are US Passports, came off a cruise ship, no questions asked. The hotel is outside the secure area of the airport so you are stepping onto UAE. AGAIN no one here can give you an authoritative answer on your visa question. Ask the airlines, USE embassy or consulate, a visa service company.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:30 pm

WIth US passport and in Business should take 10 minutes or less to clear immigration. It's a very short walk to the hotel. On the return you can use the lounge before and after pre-check. The one after is small and crowded. No need to go to pre check to early in my experience. 45 minutes before ETD is perfectly fine. I've done even later but have GE with kids best err on the side of caution so maybe 60 minutes.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:19 pm

WIth US passport and in Business should take 10 minutes or less to clear immigration. It's a very short walk to the hotel. On the return you can use the lounge before and after pre-check. The one after is small and crowded. No need to go to pre check to early in my experience. 45 minutes before ETD is perfectly fine. I've done even later but have GE with kids best err on the side of caution so maybe 60 minutes.
Thanks Erik, very helpful!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
OP be mindful space is at a premium in the airside lounge. Will be very difficult to find four spaces together. Limited snacks, drinks menu.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
How soundproof is the Premier Inn and Aerotel T3? If immigration is quick is one much better than the other? Thanks

Last edited by wtcmor; Apr 14, 2019 at 4:13 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor
How soundproof is tge Premier Inn and Aerotel T3? If immigration is quick is one much better than the other? Thanks
Premier Inn is a proper hotel and soundproofing is good. I was happy staying there. Immigration couldn’t have been quicker. Don’t know about Aerotel.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: United, Hawaiian, American, Southwest, Asia Miles, Qantas, Lufthansa, Alaska, Emirates, Delta, Swiss
Just returned from the Maldives. It was our second trip to the country. During our first trip we stayed at the Premier Inn. It was easy enough and clean but very basic. During our recent trip our inbound took us through Abu Dhabi with an 8.5 hour layover. We hired a room at the Aerotel Airport Hotel outside of terminal 3 and it was EXCELLENT. Very sound proof, very clean and had great amenities. We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I believe your stay includes breakfast in the hotel restaurant but we had access to Etihad First Class lounge so we didn't use it. I think our price was just over $100.

There was no need to go through immigration or security before entering the hotel.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:33 pm

We just stayed at the Aerotel three weeks ago. Our incoming flight landed in Abu Dhabi at 9:40 pm. Our connecting flight left the next morning at 8:45 am. We grabbed a room for the night. The room was clean and functional. We had a window facing outside, but the noise wasn't bad. I can come back and post a review later.

P.S. If you stay at the Aerotel, there are two Aerotels at AUH. The Aerotel with the full size rooms is in Terminal One. There is also something called "Refreshhhh by Aerotel" It offers nap cabins that can be rented by the hour and is located in Terminal three. We were originally directed by airport employees to the Refreshhh Aerotel, and then worked out way over to the one in Terminal Three.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 9, 2020 at 10:02 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:32 pm

Review of Aerotel at Abu Dhabi

Here's a review we wrote up on the Aerotel at Abu Dhabi

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 9, 2020 at 9:55 am Reason: Removed link to own blog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.