Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption on SN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by unifer
Can you expand? Did you find space in advance, did the agent help you search for space, how pushy did you have to be, etc??
I did not have to help them. I told them the dates and they were able to search on their system without any issues.
However, what Eithad sees is different from award availability on UA search engine. I tried changing the dates to a few days earlier but nothing on Eithads end while UA is showing space.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by im.daniel
'U' class, or 'I' class?

Just called the MAN team, they said that Business redemptions fall into 'I', which is the same as *A. They couldn't find any available seats on my route (BRU-DLA), despite the UA website showing plenty.

Might have to try again later.
Maybe a dumb question, but how do we know if we've gotten through to the Manchester office? The number gives me the initial greeting from the Manchester office, but then the phrasing immediately afterwards is exactly the same as the U.S. phone number. I did get somebody with an English accent, but I suppose that could be in Abu Dhabi as well...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Maybe a dumb question, but how do we know if we've gotten through to the Manchester office? The number gives me the initial greeting from the Manchester office, but then the phrasing immediately afterwards is exactly the same as the U.S. phone number. I did get somebody with an English accent, but I suppose that could be in Abu Dhabi as well...
I usually just ask where they're from.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by dustbuster
I usually just ask where they're from.
Well, that seems simple enough! FWIW, I made five calls trying to book a JFK-BRU-LHR itinerary:

1) English gentleman, told me there was no availability
2) Abu Dhabi call center, hung up
3) Abu Dhabi call center, hung up
4) Same English gentleman as call 1
5) English lady, said there was no availability but offered to waitlist me and request the space from SN without me even having to ask

My PNR now shows one leg confirmed (BRU-LHR), one leg waitlisted (JFK-BRU), and two legs unconfirmed (LHR-BRU-JFK).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:31 am

I'm looking to go RT JFK->DLA. I am hesitant to transfer my amex MR before knowing if this will work.

I've tried calling -- they are unable to see award flights as posted above. They can't put me on a waitlist without my miles (understandably).

Any thoughts about whether it's worth risking the miles or not? I'm unlikely to fly etihad any time soon otherwise...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by coraco
I'm looking to go RT JFK->DLA. I am hesitant to transfer my amex MR before knowing if this will work.

I've tried calling -- they are unable to see award flights as posted above. They can't put me on a waitlist without my miles (understandably).

Any thoughts about whether it's worth risking the miles or not? I'm unlikely to fly etihad any time soon otherwise...
Well, Etihad has tons of partners beyond SN, and some of them have good redemption values too... just remember that miles expire after 2 years and can't be extended.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:03 am

If EY doesnt have a published rate for a route such as BRU-ATH, is there any way to book that route using miles? How would I get the cost? Or is this not possible
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by sfera
If EY doesnt have a published rate for a route such as BRU-ATH, is there any way to book that route using miles? How would I get the cost? Or is this not possible
I was looking at a similar situation with a different Etihad partner, and was told that I could not book the redemption if the rate was not published. But I suspect that like with many things Etihad, this could be YMMV.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I just want to share my datapoints on this

I used UA to search for award space. It seems pretty accurate to what Etihad sees for SN.

I inquired about 2 J seats since I see it on UA but Etihad reps (called USA & LON offices) many times but they just do not see the same J space as UA.

But seems like the Y space on UA is the same as what Etihad sees.

Sadly, I booked the Y space since I didnt want to lose those seats and didnt feel like paying $1600/pp RT for June flights. Cant beat 22k/pp for a rt to europe during peak season.

Any idea if I can "upgrade" to J seats from my Y seats if they become available on Etihad's end? I still see the J space available on UA (this is a month later!!)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Anyone had any success booking Toronto?
(or washington - that is also not on the table but would be a data point).
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I just want to share my datapoints on this

I used UA to search for award space. It seems pretty accurate to what Etihad sees for SN.

I inquired about 2 J seats since I see it on UA but Etihad reps (called USA & LON offices) many times but they just do not see the same J space as UA.

But seems like the Y space on UA is the same as what Etihad sees.

Sadly, I booked the Y space since I didnt want to lose those seats and didnt feel like paying $1600/pp RT for June flights. Cant beat 22k/pp for a rt to europe during peak season.

Any idea if I can "upgrade" to J seats from my Y seats if they become available on Etihad's end? I still see the J space available on UA (this is a month later!!)
$1600 for economy? With the regular (not mistake fares) prices lately, you'd be spending too much if you pay more than $1200 for BUSINESS rt. Revenue ticket!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Successfully booked JFK - BRU J for only 36K miles and around $94.76.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ss2000
Successfully booked JFK - BRU J for only 36K miles and around $94.76.
How did you search for award space?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Just bumping this question:

Originally Posted by David-A
Anyone had any success booking Toronto?
(or washington - that is also not on the table but would be a data point).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I just successfully booked three business class award tickets JFK-BRU for next summer - all three passengers travelling together.

The process was relatively painless. First, I called Etihad to check for availability and was told that tickets were available. Then, I transfered Thank You points from Citi, which took 8 days. Finally, after double checking for availability on united's website, I called the Etihad Guest US line (877-690-0767), and was immediately connected with a knowledgeable, competent and even enthusiastic agent. I told him what I wanted to book, including dates, and after a few minutes of searching he told me that one direction was available, but for the other I'd have to adjust my schedule by a couple of days earlier or later. I picked an available date, and after 10 minutes and less than 110,000 miles (and $279 in taxes), I have three tickets.

In all, I'm very pleased - SN availability seems to be very good for next summer (probably because of the recent attacks), the price of these tickets is phenomenally good, and the booking process was smooth (aside from the rather annoying 8 day Citi-EY transfer time).

Last edited by snic; Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.