request for EY seat selection URL

Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

request for EY seat selection URL

This has been asked in another thread, but no answer, so I am hoping that starting a new thread will help.

EY blocks seat selections over the web on some bookings, but this could until recently be circumvented by going to the relevant booking page and then to the following URL:

https:// booking.etihad.com/SSW2010/EYEY/ancillaries.html?viewReloc=XXXXXX

with XXXXXX replaced by the actual PNR. This no longer works, perhaps because EY has renamed/reorganized the underlying web pages.

If you have a booking where seat assignments can be done over the web, it would be considered a great favor if you would post the URL of the page on which you are able to make seat assignments (but please replace your own PNR with XXXXXX).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:54 pm

If this trick doesn't work, what's the alternative?

If we call Etihad, can they assign seats? How have people's experiences been with calling in for seat selections?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
If this trick doesn't work, what's the alternative?

If we call Etihad, can they assign seats? How have people's experiences been with calling in for seat selections?
I called and got my seats selected about ~6 weeks ago.
People have reported success using Twitter and Facebook. The last 4 weeks it been hard getting EY to help on a lot of things. I don't know if they have computer problems or a lot of new people that they rushed through training?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I called and got my seats selected about ~6 weeks ago.
People have reported success using Twitter and Facebook. The last 4 weeks it been hard getting EY to help on a lot of things. I don't know if they have computer problems or a lot of new people that they rushed through training?
Thanks jjmiller69!

I called 1-888-838-4423 and was immediately connected to a lovely representative with a charming British accent. Took just a few minutes to select the seats.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I called the same number listed above and was able to request seat assignments for my flights scheduled for December and January.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
But the ease and freedom of doing it yourself, still preferred by me.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra
But the ease and freedom of doing it yourself, still preferred by me.
Yes, and given that at least some people here must have normal tickets for which web seat assignments are possible, it is surprising that no one will volunteer the current URL for the page where you can make/change seat assignments. (This is not the seat assignments link on the EY web page, but the URL of the page it goes to after you provide a record locator, and on which you see your own flights/seats---but edit out your own PNR from the URL, of course.)

FT is supposed to be a place where people exchange information,.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Have only ever flown with Etihad using travel agent bookings so far.
As a result, never been able to select seats online.
Initially, i thought this was really poor and i guess does say a lot about their I.T systems.
BUT - every time, i've just called the local call centre, got straight through to a very helpful operative immediately and selected seats and meals in no time.
Just done it again for flights in Jan 16.....
In honesty, it's probably as quick as faffing around on a webpage!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Yes, and given that at least some people here must have normal tickets for which web seat assignments are possible, it is surprising that no one will volunteer the current URL for the page where you can make/change seat assignments. (This is not the seat assignments link on the EY web page, but the URL of the page it goes to after you provide a record locator, and on which you see your own flights/seats---but edit out your own PNR from the URL, of course.)

FT is supposed to be a place where people exchange information,.
Maybe cuz this is what it shows nowadays!

https://booking.etihad.com/SSW2010/E...xecution=e3s4/ (no need to click, it would redirect to etihad.com homepage)

No PNR on the webpage anymore, so unless someone proves otherwise, only way to select seats is to either book tickets on etihad website and select em seats whilst booking or call up the CC!!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KC01
Maybe cuz this is what it shows nowadays!

https://booking.etihad.com/SSW2010/E...xecution=e3s4/ (no need to click, it would redirect to etihad.com homepage)

No PNR on the webpage anymore, so unless someone proves otherwise, only way to select seats is to either book tickets on etihad website and select em seats whilst booking or call up the CC!!
Yes, OK.

There may be a way to figure it out, but I cannot experiment since I don't have a direct-booked reservation.

Thank you.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:38 am

You can try this way:

https:// booking.etihad.com/SSW2010/EYEY/myb.html?&lang=EN&reservationCode=_______&lastName =_______

Replace ____ with the PNR and your last name.

Last edited by glennl1985; Apr 26, 2015 at 3:52 am
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
glennl - no, did not work.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glennl1985
You can try this way:

https:// booking.etihad.com/SSW2010/EYEY/myb.html?&lang=EN&reservationCode=_______&lastName =_______

Replace ____ with the PNR and your last name.
This brings up the reservation details. It works for any booking, whether done through EY or not. I already have this bookmarked.

But it does not allow seat selection for tickets not issued by EY. I am not sure why you are suggesting that it does.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
This brings up the reservation details. It works for any booking, whether done through EY or not. I already have this bookmarked.

But it does not allow seat selection for tickets not issued by EY. I am not sure why you are suggesting that it does.
I have always booked my EY tickets directly via their site so I'm not aware of what info you receive when booking via another party. I gave this link as I'm able to change seats via this page > "Additional Services" > "Add Baggage / Seats".
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:52 am

I just used their Premium Twitter account EtihadPremium as a Gold member. They allocated seats on two bookings within 10mins of my direct message. The regular twitter account directed me to their call centers.

This is pretty amazing experience or maybe I just got extremely lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.