Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Flying A380 F Apartment next week, any questions?

Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Acrbag
Now on my continuing flight to Shanghai tonight, in coach! Oh the horrors
Why on earth would you do that to yourself
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:32 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Acrbag,

Thanks for taking the time to share this experience with us and others on this forum! It's great to read and see you had a nice flight with us, and hope to see you again soon with us.

Kind regards *GW
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: BMI

I flew the First Apartment last week too. I was on the day flight from LHR as I wanted the full experience.

I took a photo of the food menus and will share it if I could work out how to post photos on here.

It was definitely the best overall flight I've taken and I've tried a few First products over the years (CX, BA, UA, EY old). The best bits were the service, spaciousness, food and shower.

I think the downsides did me were, I couldn't sit by the window on take off ( I was in 1H) as I had to be in the main apartment seat. I was also flying 'backwards' which is fine for me but I know some people don't like.

Noise can carry in the cabin, 5 of the 8 seats were occupied by a couple and their 3 kids. Their 6 nannies running up and down the front stairs when the opportunity arose.

The walls are higher than the old ey product so definitely more private.

I had a shower too but it's a little cramped but fun nevertheless (note you need to close the door before the water starts running.. I was a bit confused for a while).

Small things show service such as my iPhone charger wire was rolled up neatly while I was out of the apartment.

I saw the residence lounge, it's smaller than the apartment slightly as its effectively the bench for watching TV and the bedroom was empty.

The storage was a little limited in the apartment. No overheads so it goes under the seat. My standard carry on suitcase poked out a bit

Happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has any
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:54 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
I flew the First Apartment last week too. I was on the day flight from LHR as I wanted the full experience.

I took a photo of the food menus and will share it if I could work out how to post photos on here.

It was definitely the best overall flight I've taken and I've tried a few First products over the years (CX, BA, UA, EY old). The best bits were the service, spaciousness, food and shower.

I think the downsides did me were, I couldn't sit by the window on take off ( I was in 1H) as I had to be in the main apartment seat. I was also flying 'backwards' which is fine for me but I know some people don't like.

Noise can carry in the cabin, 5 of the 8 seats were occupied by a couple and their 3 kids. Their 6 nannies running up and down the front stairs when the opportunity arose.

The walls are higher than the old ey product so definitely more private.

I had a shower too but it's a little cramped but fun nevertheless (note you need to close the door before the water starts running.. I was a bit confused for a while).

Small things show service such as my iPhone charger wire was rolled up neatly while I was out of the apartment.

I saw the residence lounge, it's smaller than the apartment slightly as its effectively the bench for watching TV and the bedroom was empty.

The storage was a little limited in the apartment. No overheads so it goes under the seat. My standard carry on suitcase poked out a bit

Happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has any
Thanks for posting. I m doing two F trips shortly (but no A380 ) and would be keen to see food options so the menu would be interesting to see if you can please?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for answering the questions and for the other info, Acrbag. Glad you had a great trip!

And thanks, too, monkeymagic for your useful comments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.