Visitor/Guest in A380 Apartment

Old Jul 15, 16, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp View Post
Hi Acrbag,

The answer from Etihad is Yes. We still advise you to contact our cabin crew on board before inviting your friend. Thank you. *JS
Originally Posted by edy4eva View Post
Not a chance.
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer View Post
Nope. Nor should he and tbh I find it odd anyone would find that acceptable
Hi!

I was basing my question on the positive answer on this same question from EtihadHelp, and a couple of prior reports based on the same. British Airways (where there aren't even enclosed door suites) also allow guests in First in between meal times from other cabins.

Best regards,

fw
Old Jul 15, 16, 7:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Actually BA is up to the purser on each flight.
Old Jul 16, 16, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This type of question arises from time to time and I do find some of the responses strange. For me it's simple. If your friend wants to see what an F apartment is like then either:
  1. pay for an F apartment, or
  2. look on youTube

I don't see how anyone who pays for a J ticket and expect to sample the perks of F (even for a short period). If the op and his friend want to be together then the op goes to J.
Old Jul 16, 16, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by faithwins View Post
Hi!

I was basing my question on the positive answer on this same question from EtihadHelp, and a couple of prior reports based on the same. British Airways (where there aren't even enclosed door suites) also allow guests in First in between meal times from other cabins.

Best regards,

fw
What BA may do is irrelevant.
Old Jul 16, 16, 7:22 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer View Post
Nope. Nor should he and tbh I find it odd anyone would find that acceptable
+1...........not only is F catered for the number of pax booked (or under catered), the f/a's are expected to offer a certain level of service.....on both the JFK & AUSTRALIAN flights they will already be short 1 crew member during most of the flight due to crew rest. Not to be petty but why should any paying F passenger wait 1 min longer to get a refill, use the lav, etc cuz guests are "all over" the cabin. I say "all over" cuz once it gets around that EY allows this, it won't be a once in a blue moon special request any longer

As for the JFK flights, if they allow it they are 1) breaking FAA rules 2) even going against what the captain requests as they always announce on USA flights that you MUST stay in ticketed cabin. (And I'm not a "rules" guy at all)
Old Jul 16, 16, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
This type of question arises from time to time and I do find some of the responses strange. For me it's simple. If your friend wants to see what an F apartment is like then either:
  1. pay for an F apartment, or
  2. look on youTube

I don't see how anyone who pays for a J ticket and expect to sample the perks of F (even for a short period). If the op and his friend want to be together then the op goes to J.
Agree.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: