Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with Eithad on Jet metal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

What to do with Eithad on Jet metal

I have two long flights from JFK coming up with EY on Jet Airways metal and I'm not sure what to do with them. They only earn 50% on Etihad Guest where I have 0 miles, it seems like they earn 0 with Aadvantage or 75% on Jet?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I'm crediting mine to ANA. For a complete overview of your options, visit http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....had-178-fares/
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:51 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by nambrot
I have two long flights from JFK coming up with EY on Jet Airways metal and I'm not sure what to do with them. They only earn 50% on Etihad Guest where I have 0 miles, it seems like they earn 0 with Aadvantage or 75% on Jet?
Hi Nambrot,

Kindly forward your query to [email protected] with the ticket number and our team will respond to you accordingly. *ES
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:57 am
Original Poster

The post doesn't really say what happens to AAdvantage when operated by Jet Airlines
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
The post doesn't really say what happens to AAdvantage when operated by Jet Airlines
It doesn't matter if it's operated by Jet for Etihad or Etihad proper. You still get no AA miles if it's a nonstop flight from the US to Abu Dhabi. That's why some people routed through some other city (e.g. JFK-CDG-AUH) with first leg on AA and second leg on EY.

(Of course, Etihad has been rebooking those people on nonstops -- to prevent paying any money to AA -- so those people have had to call EY and argue for restoring the original flights).

P.S. And no, at this point no one can change their routing so if you are booked nonstop, that's it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Rusdude
It doesn't matter if it's operated by Jet for Etihad or Etihad proper. You still get no AA miles if it's a nonstop flight from the US to Abu Dhabi. That's why some people routed through some other city (e.g. JFK-CDG-AUH) with first leg on AA and second leg on EY.

(Of course, Etihad has been rebooking those people on nonstops -- to prevent paying any money to AA -- so those people have had to call EY and argue for restoring the original flights).

P.S. And no, at this point no one can change their routing so if you are booked nonstop, that's it.
I got a call 2 or 3 days ago while in Vegas. Ethiad was very nice and just offered to switch us to the direct flights if it was ok with us. I asked about staying on the current flights and they said no problem. No pressure from them and we wanted the direct flights anyway so I said yes. I didn't need 10K AA miles anyway. Plus I save a days vacation.
I have called a couple of times to their 888 # and always found them polite and helpful.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
They maybe on planes that Ethiad leased or bought from Jet Airways but the ticketing and plane are operated by Ethiad. So it follows that Ethiad rules are followed. So let us know what Ethiad Guest's reply is. Thanks, and I'm applying my points to Ethiad in the family account. But to each their own if I don't use them in a year I'll just cash out the points from my wife and I for ~$90 US.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. Only after it I realized that it wasnt operated by Jet, but operated by Eithad on the Jet wet lease, so maybe it counts as EY marketed/operated, thus the non-US legs would accrue miles on AAdvantage, but I emailed Etihad guest to double check

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.