Selecting seats on A380 F (Apartments)

Old Jan 18, 15, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Selecting seats on A380 F (Apartments)

So I managed to book two first-class award seats on an EY A380. I understand from the reviews that some seats are paired and the partition between can be removed, but I have been unable to find out which seats these are.

I've looked at three or four different EY A380 seat maps, and each one is different, with one showing seats that don't exist on another.

I also have been unable to assign seats. I tried calling EY and the agent said the seats were blocked for airport assignment but might open up for booking in a few months (the fight is more than six months away).
Old Jan 18, 15, 8:31 am

Lucky has put together a short info about all seats
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...artment-seats/
Old Jan 18, 15, 1:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post

I also have been unable to assign seats. I tried calling EY and the agent said the seats were blocked for airport assignment but might open up for booking in a few months (the fight is more than six months away).
Nonsense. Call back and ask for the Manchester call centre.
Old Jan 19, 15, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, Marriott PP, Hertz, JetSmarter
I've found their customer service to be quite helpful. Call the US number, 1-888-838-4423
Old Jan 19, 15, 2:20 pm

I have reservations in August, called the US number, and got 1a (except for the a380 which was 4a. Others are 77). So I think they can assign seats.
Old Jan 19, 15, 2:26 pm

I'm getting 4A too nx month
Old Jan 19, 15, 2:31 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This hack actually works http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-seats-online/

I'm questioning whether to get opposite apartments or connecting...
Old Jan 24, 15, 5:34 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
This video I saw on Youtube should also assist as it shows the different seating configs-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUmZfifHzBI
Old Jan 25, 15, 7:52 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
I went for 3A with my wife in 4A for lhr-auh.
I'm thinking to try across the aisle for the long flight Auh-syd just in case flying backwards is not my thing.

It's a shame that one of the pair need to be flying in reverse in order to fly connecting Apartments.
Old Jan 25, 15, 8:23 pm

You won't notice any difference other than take off and landing. Several airlines, including BA, have rear facing seats in J.

I would argue 4A and K could work just as well. Clearly you can't sleep next to each other but you can dual dine and hang out in each other's apartments.
Old Jan 28, 15, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
You won't notice any difference other than take off and landing. Several airlines, including BA, have rear facing seats in J.

I would argue 4A and K could work just as well. Clearly you can't sleep next to each other but you can dual dine and hang out in each other's apartments.
Might go 1H and 2H for the long AUH-SYD leg so that way we still have the connecting beds.

Also it would seem that 1H and 2H have the bed better situated next to the windows as opposed to 3A/4A or 3K/4K where your head is pretty much on the aisle when you sleep ?
Old Jan 28, 15, 2:12 pm

Yes, but I would be worried that row 1 can hear the bathrooms/showers. Remember that the A388 is very, very quiet.
Old Jan 29, 15, 7:34 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Regarding the new First apartments on the LHR-AUH route they look to be 1 X 1 . Would this indicate that they are all forward facing.
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Originally Posted by xcalx View Post
Regarding the new First apartments on the LHR-AUH route they look to be 1 X 1 . Would this indicate that they are all forward facing.
No. Have a look at this:-

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...artment-seats/
Old Jan 30, 15, 3:50 pm

Ended up going with 3K and 3A for the AUH-SYD leg.

So connecting beds all the way. Hopefully no issues with the backwards flying. Even though I know many airlines operate it in J like BA and UA but myself personally have never flown it.

If there was a connecting bed option with two forward facing apartments that would be my first choice. But no such option in the current EY config.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: