Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:44 am
H99

Programs: centurion
I was able to book three tickets return Abu Dhabi to Sydney return in First class. Very pleased!

A question if anyone knows the answer - could i book all the way Abu Dhabi to Auckland using the same award i.e. First on Ethiad to Syd, then Business on Air NZ/Qantas to Akl? And would it be Air NZ or Qantas? I tried figuring this out with American on the phone - but couldn't get an even slightly coherent answer

Thanks if anyone knows
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond

The only way this would remotely be possible is with a DJ codeshare, but unless it comes up in KVS or Experyflyer as one booking (ie. EYxxx->EYxxxx) then AA can't ticket it on the same award. However as EY don't fly between Australia and NZ I doubt it's possible to ticket it on the same award.

AA redemptions between Australia and NZ are pretty cheap and plentiful though, it's only 10k points each way for economy and 17.5k points for business.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond

I should mention though that with AA points it would be a QF flight so you wouldn't be able to check your luggage through with EY, you would need to clear customs, collect your bag and check it back in again.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:05 pm
H99

Programs: centurion
Thanks for the response. I hadn't realised Aus and NZ were treated this way. Qantas works well for me as I have Cathay status - can use the Sydney First lounge, must be the best lounge on Earth

Very happy also with the availability of first class AUH to SYD as well
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Just for reference, what are the fare codes for Etihad awards in First, Business and Coach?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by aktchi
Just for reference, what are the fare codes for Etihad awards in First, Business and Coach?
First - O
Business - I
Coach - N
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Easily snatched a F seat LHR-AUH for this August and am AUH-SYD in F always in August. The second flight continues then to ADL on QF J.

Awesome!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Booked CDG-AUH in First, by calling AA for later this month, without any problems.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
If I can get the two free sedan transfers and 1 hr massage!Just need to know how to book the transfers and massages!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jfk747
If I can get the two free sedan transfers and 1 hr massage!Just need to know how to book the transfers and massages!
You will require the EY reference (different to AA). Often this is in very small print in the confirmation, if not just call AA and ask. Then log into EY's website Book Chauffer page at http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...molanding.aspx

It also pays to log into Manage Booking and upload your contact details, select seats and your passport info http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...veBooking.aspx

I don't believe you can prebook a massage but we have never had issues getting them in the F Lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:31 am

Managed to book a J award SIN-BNE(EY)-MEL(QF). EY agents managed to reserve me a limo on the day of departure.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I can only ever see two seats in F or J on the European routes. Can anyone confirm is they are likely to open up one more seat if it take those two?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I can only ever see two seats in F or J on the European routes. Can anyone confirm is they are likely to open up one more seat if it take those two?
Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck last month on my AUH-FRA flight, but it's possible another seat opens up closer-in. I checked KVS every day until the day of departure and another F or J seat never became available. I never have been able to find more than 2 F/J on any EY flight other than the ones to Australia.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by merc1234
Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck last month on my AUH-FRA flight, but it's possible another seat opens up closer-in. I checked KVS every day until the day of departure and another F or J seat never became available. I never have been able to find more than 2 F/J on any EY flight other than the ones to Australia.
A pity. I have got 3 F's numerous times. This seems to be a development in the last 6 months or so. Oh well.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by onlysuites
A pity. I have got 3 F's numerous times. This seems to be a development in the last 6 months or so. Oh well.
Yes I have noticed this too. Quite possibly a result of the increase in F redemptions with AA partnership. When the partnership started it was not uncommon to see the entire F cabin available for redemption. Now I never see more than 2. For a family of four, we'd have to do 2F and 2J to have any chance of getting us all on the same trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.