Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
For some odd reason when I look on ExpertFlyer F cabin is showing empty, but when I go to manage my booking on EtihadAirways.com it shows the cabin full and I cannot select seats. I guess I will have to call Etihad to select
Since expert flyer does not show award availability using miles on EY, there must be some issue there.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:17 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

For some odd reason when I look on ExpertFlyer F cabin is showing empty, but when I go to manage my booking on EtihadAirways.com it shows the cabin full and I cannot select seats. I guess I will have to call Etihad to select
You might be confusing the Occupied seat icon with the Available seat icon. If you want us to look, either email us or PM me the flight details.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You might be confusing the Occupied seat icon with the Available seat icon. If you want us to look, either email us or PM me the flight details.
Hey I might be getting old but not senile lol

Now 1 seat is showing occupied. Auh-JFK on 10/24/12

To be clear I think the error is on the EY site showing all seats occupied. Flight is F9 so clearly not all sears can be taken unless they oversell a 12 seat cabin by 9 or more seats

@pcharles - award availability has got nothing to do with ability to lookup availability and seat maps on expertflyer
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:47 am

If you want to see availability for EY, create an Etihad Guest membership and search availability on their website. I have found that the availability on their website is typically mirrored for AA award reservations.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
EY seem to block most of their seats (certainly in Biz and especially First) from viewing on line at time of booking. Weird but true - at least every time I look. Thus their recently enhanced upgrade of the site which it is says includes ability to change seats is effectively useless for me. For example yesterday I booked two award seats in F AUH-LHR-AUH for November - no problem with award availability and yet all seats occupied on both flights! Thus a call to them will be needed to get seats allocated as they clearly have most of not all still available. Perhaps they do it to create a false sense of urgency in those of us who set up dummy bookings to check seat availability?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
About to embark on BEY-MLE tomorrow on a combo of RJ and EY. For 25k, a bargain in business... Albeit regional business class
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This past march I booked 4 tickets via AA using miles - business class, ord-auh direct and first auh-jfk and then caught a connecting aa flight lga-ord. Booked 90 days out.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD
This past march I booked 4 tickets via AA using miles - business class, ord-auh direct and first auh-jfk and then caught a connecting aa flight lga-ord. Booked 90 days out.
you managed four business class ord-auh on the same flight?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:25 am

you managed four business class ord-auh on the same flight?
My apologies for not being more specific - 3 award tickets on one flight and 1 on the flight the next day. To be honest, I never tried booking all 4 together as 1 of the people had to fly out the following day due to work so I'm not sure how common getting 4 is. All 4 did fly in first from AUH-JFK together on the same day/flight.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Just put on hold a flight from ORD-AUH-DEL and back in 2 weeks time Sep 6-17 using my AA miles in coach. No biz class available. Not my ideal dates but im hoping I can tighten it in before departure. 90k miles and USD $167 including a 75 early award processing fee.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

Scored two business. JFK-AUH-ORD in late fall. We're very excited to try business on this airline. Used AA miles
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
At a quick glance I couldn't find anything telling me which fare buckets were award seats - but Virgin Australia and KVS showed that there was some quantity of award seats available - called AA, gave them the date and the flight and it was confirmed within 2 minutes.

Very impressed!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum 7+ million miles
Was able to get two RT F seats with AA award: SEA/JFK/AUH/CAI for June. 90k each way pp. Had to call Etihad for seat assignments but that went smoothly and we got the seats we wanted. AUH/CAI is in business as no F available.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:12 pm

Just secured 2 seats in business ORD-AUH and AUH-IAD-ORD & another 2 ORD-LGA/JFK-AUH and AUH-ORD. 67,500 per person, each way for end of March.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Just booked a one-way AUH-LHR for 40k in F in April.

Found availability on Etihad's site, whatever appears at the reduced mileage availability is what the EXP desk could access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.