Wiki Posts
Search

Best Y Seats on 777-200LR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Best Y Seats on 777-200LR

Booked a round-trip DFW-AUH-DFW for the end of October. Does anyone have any advice on what seats are best on 777-200LR? SeatGuru doesn't have those seat maps yet and don't see any trip reports yet.

Etihad bought the planes from Air India but reconfigured them so can't use old seat maps.

Thank you!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:05 am

Also wondered this. Anyone flown on one of these since the rebrand? It used to be 3-3-3 in economy when it was air India.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm doing DFW-AUH-DFW in May and ExpertFlyer has the seat map. Most of the Y cabin is 3-4-3 except for rows 31-35 which are 2-4-2. Exit row is row 22 but I think they charge extra for that. Row 20 is in a 3-4-0 config and row 21 is in a 2-0-0 config but the seat map doesn't show what's there in place of seats.

I was thinking about doing row 21 since there are only 2 of us flying but if anybody has flown on this plane before, let us know if these are good seats.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:04 pm

there were couple of videos on youtube of traveller showing interior of his flight (I believe it was from AUH to LAX...not sure though) which he said was this reconfigured 777-200LR. If you slow down/pause certain parts in the video, you can get idea about which seat is exit row, near lavatory or near crew station. I did that to confirm seat assignments for my family's DFW flight.

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/05tgFnd_T3Q
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by buy_sell1
there were couple of videos on youtube of traveller showing interior of his flight (I believe it was from AUH to LAX...not sure though) which he said was this reconfigured 777-200LR. If you slow down/pause certain parts in the video, you can get idea about which seat is exit row, near lavatory or near crew station. I did that to confirm seat assignments for my family's DFW flight.

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/05tgFnd_T3Q
Having watched both parts of the video (second is -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQddCMTiCqo), I am thinking that even as a single traveler, booking an aisle seat in one of those 2-seat rows on the left side is a good option.

P.S. Completely not impressed by the type of food they served on that AUH-LAX flight!

Last edited by Rusdude; Jan 10, 2015 at 1:24 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:03 am

According to video, there are 2 cabins for Economy class. Could anyone catch how many rows for the first cabin on the video? Also, it seem like the lavatory is btwn economy cabin 1 and 2 and only on the left side ( side where the guy sits). Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by metoo; Dec 31, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:35 pm

I'm in the same DFW-AUH boat, errr plane . . .
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
According to video, there are 2 cabins for Economy class. Could anyone catch how many rows for the first cabin on the video?
According to the seat map, it looks like rows 15-20 are in the 1st econo-cabin.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by OsoJoe
I was thinking about doing row 21 since there are only 2 of us flying but if anybody has flown on this plane before, let us know if these are good seats.
I think I'd avoid row 21. The seats probably don't recline . . .
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:30 pm

does anyone have an update on how row 21 is? i'm assuming they can't be that great (maybe like @airfan said, they don't recline?) if they aren't charging for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.