Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D

I read in another forum that the F lounge is closed in AUH
Not sure if they mean T1 or T3
Anyone know. I won't go to apt so early if not open.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:36 am

As far as I know the First Class lounge at AUH T3 is closed since August, and will remain closed for a while (some say re-opening could coincide with December launch of A380 to LHR).
In the meantime the new Business Class lounge at T3 (renamed Premium Lounge for the sake of obfuscation) is opened since end of August and has large seating capacity + 3 buffets & bars.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Did the F lounge in T 1
Ever re open?
Does the J lounge have buffet or ala carte. I usually like to dine then get on aircraft and sleep.
Do they have massage in the lounge now?
Just trying to decide what time to be picked up.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
There is a nice large new lounge near gate 35 with dining and a spa.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I am assuming that with the F lounge at AUH closed, Gold Elite members and one guest travelling economy can use the new Premium Lounge? Any idea? No mention of this on the Etihad Guest website.
Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:53 am

Just read that the F Lounge now will not open until April of 2015.

http://www.etihad.com/en/experience-...-class-lounge/
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
Currently there is no F lounge in AUH. The F part of the terminal 1 lounge is now integrated in the J lounge. Terminal 3 J and F lounge, located right after security, are closed for renovations and will most likely become F lounge only. There is a new J lounge in T3, located near the bus gates, about half way down the terminal downstairs. It is the same concept as the previous J lounge so buffet, not a la carte. Spa and showers present. As far as I know passengers entitled to use the F lounge (including gold elite) are urged to use this lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
Found this on the website...

Might be useful

The First Class Lounge at Abu Dhabi Terminal 3 is currently closed for refurbishment and will reopen in April 2015. First Class guests are invited to use the new Premium Lounge until this time.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:39 pm

Andy... please say more about the lounge near Gate 35... The Etihad Web site says there is a la carte dining as well as buffet. Perhaps they have a separate area for F pax?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Do F passengers gets any extra lounge benefits relative to J passengers? i.e. Is there a reserved section within the larger lounge for F?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by PacificWave
Andy... please say more about the lounge near Gate 35... The Etihad Web site says there is a la carte dining as well as buffet. Perhaps they have a separate area for F pax?
If they do have a la carte it must be something they introduced this week, they didn't have it last weekend.

No separate area or special treatment for F passengers so far. They are getting a lot of criticism for this, so they might change it in the near future.

Last edited by janbrubel; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:26 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 am

One would have to imagine very shortly or presently that the a la carte dining area is for F pax only. I don't know of any lounges in the world that has a la carte dining for J class.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I don't know of any lounges in the world that has a la carte dining for J class.
The EY lounge at CDG actually has a la carte for all guests so F, J and even Y passengers with status.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
One would have to imagine very shortly or presently that the a la carte dining area is for F pax only. I don't know of any lounges in the world that has a la carte dining for J class.
The recently opened QATAR lounge in DOH offers a la carte for J pax. Forty five minute flight away.

No a la carte in AUHEY Premium lounge a week back. Staff were very helpful though and they buzzed around the dining table area.

No ice-cream on the buffet offering, but was no trouble for a staff member to get me some, after I asked.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:38 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Originally Posted by janbrubel
The EY lounge at CDG actually has a la carte for all guests so F, J and even Y passengers with status.
Also MAN T1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.