Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad/Air Berlin Seat Allocation Frustration

Old Oct 8, 14, 8:51 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: BA Emerald, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Ambassador, QR & TAP bye bye

Despite many attempts I cannot allocate two seats together (in fact any 2 seats) on the flight from HKT-AUH in Business Class (EY flt. no. but AB metal). The seat map is wide open. I was finally told by EY/AB that that I can do this within 48 hours of departure BUT surprise, surprise, AB & Etihad say no, now this cannot be done in advance of check-in - what the heck is that all about? Partnership, really??

Can the Etihad representative here help??? Please!!!

Last edited by NoY; Oct 8, 14 at 10:16 am
Old Oct 8, 14, 11:24 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
If the ey rep does not respond you could try to contact them via Facebook. They are quite quick when it comes to such requests
Old Oct 8, 14, 7:51 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: BA Emerald, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Ambassador, QR & TAP bye bye
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r View Post
If the ey rep does not respond you could try to contact them via Facebook. They are quite quick when it comes to such requests
Good idea, thanks, will try as I heard nothing from this post so far. Will let you know what happens..
Old Oct 8, 14, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
Unlikely to be resolveable. On the HKT-AUH-DUS/TXL flight operated by AB, it seems impossible to allocate seats if travelling under EY code from my experience. It's a purely technical issue since AB is (still) using Amadeus and EY is using Sabre as their GDS. (It's the same issue we've now had with LH and LX for full decade with Amadeus and axres/EDS/HP.)
Old Oct 8, 14, 9:10 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
Unlikely to be resolveable. On the HKT-AUH-DUS/TXL flight operated by AB, it seems impossible to allocate seats if travelling under EY code from my experience. It's a purely technical issue since AB is (still) using Amadeus and EY is using Sabre as their GDS. (It's the same issue we've now had with LH and LX for full decade with Amadeus and axres/EDS/HP.)
Even if they “blocked” seats that we want with a note saying "only allocate to Mr./Mrs. NoY".......its 2014 for heaven’s sake, not 1914...
Old Oct 10, 14, 10:32 pm
NoY
Original Poster

OK, this never got resolved before we got to the airport. The lovely AB staffer at HKT airport kindly moved someone travelling solo from 1F to 2C so that we could sit together at 1E/F.

Great outcome but what a pathetic example of “partnership” & codeshares - never again will we book EY/AB flights this way. Thank goodness EY will operate the HKT service permanently later this month

Search this Thread
Search Engine: