Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue :(
Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Just been having a look at how to book chauffeur for a flight coming up with Etihad from Heathrow. Its says they call you 24 hours before departure to advise of pick up time and in the T's & C's say that it's not changeable.

I live about 45 mins drive from Heathrow and am getting the 21.10 flight - does anyone have experience of pick up times and them getting you to Heathrow either 2 or 3 hours before take off..

All guidance appreciated
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by economynomore
Just been having a look at how to book chauffeur for a flight coming up with Etihad from Heathrow. Its says they call you 24 hours before departure to advise of pick up time and in the T's & C's say that it's not changeable.

I live about 45 mins drive from Heathrow and am getting the 21.10 flight - does anyone have experience of pick up times and them getting you to Heathrow either 2 or 3 hours before take off..

All guidance appreciated
call the hotline and you should be able to request a pick up time. the driver usually confirms the date and time 24hrs before (my experience in germany and thailand).
Old Jun 15, 2014, 5:58 am

They have always phoned me the day before as promised and with a proposed pickup time. if I want them to bring the time forward or arrive a bit later then they alter it to suit me. You are the customer and will probably have a realistic idea of the journey time at various times of day, but having said that they do this for a living and are knowledgeable so will not be a problem.

Last edited by mjmal51; Jun 15, 2014 at 6:32 am
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:36 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
My experience departing Dubai was a little different. Although they were supposed to call to confirm the time, they never did and left us standing waiting in the lobby of the hotel for 15 minutes while the concierge staff tried to find a number for them. We would have liked an earlier pickup, but despite trying to arrange this, we were unsuccessful.

Seems the chauffeur service is outsourced so your mileage may vary completely in different cities as compared to my pickup experience.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:48 pm

Does anyone have experience of making a stop on the way to the airport?

Heading to LHR, I would like to be picked up from work with a stop at home to pick up luggage. It is pretty much on the way and certainly within the mileage limit. Will there be any problems? Do I need to request this when I book?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
My experience departing Dubai was a little different. Although they were supposed to call to confirm the time, they never did and left us standing waiting in the lobby of the hotel for 15 minutes while the concierge staff tried to find a number for them. We would have liked an earlier pickup, but despite trying to arrange this, we were unsuccessful.

Seems the chauffeur service is outsourced so your mileage may vary completely in different cities as compared to my pickup experience.
As I said they have never failed to contact me the day before. However, before any trip I always ensure that I have the number of the local Etihad office to contact in case the chauffeur company do not manage to phone me. Just like to plan ahead in case of any failings in the system.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
I do wish they would allow arranging the times when booking (and why does booking on the phone always take too long).

They have always called me, but sometimes I don't want to or can't take calls.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:26 am

I was called day before. Driver was 15 min early and showed up in a Mercedes S550 with wifi/bottled water.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Just a note to make sure you always receive a confirmation by email. I did not and when I called to ask when I would be collected they had no record of my booking and would not oblige.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
Just a note to make sure you always receive a confirmation by email. I did not and when I called to ask when I would be collected they had no record of my booking and would not oblige.
It should show on your e mail booking on the attached Travel Reservation as "Chauffeur service booked for Mr John Smith"
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20

Heading to LHR, I would like to be picked up from work with a stop at home to pick up luggage. It is pretty much on the way and certainly within the mileage limit. Will there be any problems? Do I need to request this when I book?
I'd like to know this as well. Anyone?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:37 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
I'd like to know this as well. Anyone?
I'm sure if you offered a small "tip" when you asked, it would be accommodated without any issue.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I seem to remember there's something in the T&C which doesn't mesh well with this scenario - but no harm in asking directly: even if it's difficult to set up formally, it's probably easy to negotiate with the driver.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:19 am

No need to ask EY. Just ask the driver and they'll be happy to oblige.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:28 am

I requested and confirmed the Chauffeur service with EY for pickup in NYC.
If they call the day before and im not available to take the call, what happens? Do they still come pick you up?
I ask because i will be on a flight the day. I can call them back when i land, however that will be about 10PM EST. The chauffeur request is for the following day at 7:40PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.