Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Does the chauffeur service work for connecting to partners? For example if I do SFO-LAX-AUH-AMM, can I get the chauffeur at SFO?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by zig2
Does the chauffeur service work for connecting to partners? For example if I do SFO-LAX-AUH-AMM, can I get the chauffeur at SFO?
No. You need to be travelling SFO-AUH to receive chauffeur at SFO.

If the stops at LAX and AUH are each less than 24 hours, you will not get any chauffeur cars on your itinerary.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
No. You need to be travelling SFO-AUH to receive chauffeur at SFO.

If the stops at LAX and AUH are each less than 24 hours, you will not get any chauffeur cars on your itinerary.
I guess I can still get AMM in that case
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by zig2
I guess I can still get AMM in that case
The service isn't available in AMM.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:23 am

My two sons and I are flying AUH to JFK and have booked the chauffeur. Does anyone know if three people is a problem, since it only gave me the option to choose one other?
TIA
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I'm interested in this response too. We have 5 people 2 in biz and 3 and I have booked separate chauffeur reservations for each biz passenger
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Hi,

Will take the 8 AM flight to LHR soon in First. As I don't really fancy leaving Dubai at 4 AM in the morning I booked the Premier Inn airport hotel the night before. For reasons beyond me, I am not allowed to make use of the chauffeur service the night before (If someone could explain Etihad's reasoning to me that would be great...).

No I know it is a bit silly, but could I make use of the chauffeur service from the Premier Inn to the airport? Cannot really find a reason why it should not be allowed based on the T&C's (as it is not a transfer between terminals...), but still...
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:28 pm

You do realise that the Premier Inn is more or less physically connected to the airport, right? Even if they would let you, why would you, unless you're doing it out of spite?

As for the "night before" issue, one potential solution is to book it and then call the AUH chauffeur line at 02-582-7500 and see if they're willing to let you use it night before. Maybe try calling ~48h before departure.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
You do realise that the Premier Inn is more or less physically connected to the airport, right? Even if they would let you, why would you, unless you're doing it out of spite?

As for the "night before" issue, one potential solution is to book it and then call the AUH chauffeur line at 02-582-7500 and see if they're willing to let you use it night before. Maybe try calling ~48h before departure.
I do know that the hotel is close to the airport, but (even after some research) am not quite sure whether the hotel is really close to the premium check-in counters or not. If it is a two minute walk, walking is the only sensible option. If it is a 20 minute walk with our baby and his ridiculous amount of stuff, a transfer could be nice.

Thank you for the advice on calling the chauffeur line!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by gnargel
If it is a two minute walk, walking is the only sensible option. If it is a 20 minute walk with our baby and his ridiculous amount of stuff, a transfer could be nice.
I guess it depends on how quickly you can walk 200m?
Thank you for the advice on calling the chauffeur line!
You're welcome. No guarantees, but hope it works out for you
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:21 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gnargel
Hi,

Will take the 8 AM flight to LHR soon in First. As I don't really fancy leaving Dubai at 4 AM in the morning I booked the Premier Inn airport hotel the night before. For reasons beyond me, I am not allowed to make use of the chauffeur service the night before (If someone could explain Etihad's reasoning to me that would be great...).

No I know it is a bit silly, but could I make use of the chauffeur service from the Premier Inn to the airport? Cannot really find a reason why it should not be allowed based on the T&C's (as it is not a transfer between terminals...), but still...
We recently took this flight in F. Pick up at 5.35am in Dubai allowed plenty of time to navigate the airport & grab a coffee/bite in the premium lounge before a leisurely boarding. ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:55 am

Hi,

I'm flying FRA-LHR on BA arriving at 1.05pm and continuing LHR-AUH on EY First at 8.40pm (same day).

Am I eligible for a chauffeur service in LHR if I decide to go downtown for a few hours and would like to profit from a ride back to LHR?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by NoY
We recently took this flight in F. Pick up at 5.35am in Dubai allowed plenty of time to navigate the airport & grab a coffee/bite in the premium lounge before a leisurely boarding. ^
But will that give me enough time to get a massage and a haircut? (assuming they are already open) (and yes, as you may have noticed, I am trying to maximize the experience :-))
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:33 pm

I booked the chauffeur service online several weeks ago . My pick up from Bangkok hotel is within 24 hours. Am I supposed to receive a text ? If not or I am not able to receive this on my phone do I need to call Etihad to confirm?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:27 pm

Hello Etihad aficionado's,
I too have question regarding the chauffeur service. I will be traveling from ord-ewr(arriving at 10am), jfk- auh (on 380!! @ 2pm) in business next week, same day. My question is can I request a car service at the EWR airport around my arrival time to bring me to JFK?

Last edited by Roadrunna; Dec 30, 2015 at 12:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.