Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Hi EtihadHelp,

Based on the link you provided for booking the Chauffeur service online, it mentions the following rule for eligibility of the service:

Guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in Business Saver, Business Freedom and First Freedom.

However I read around that Business Saver is no longer eligible for Chauffeur service? Can you verify?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:49 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Business Saver is eligible for chauffeur (as long as it is not Z), Business Promo which books into Z is not eligible.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by gkl
Business Saver is eligible for chauffeur (as long as it is not Z), Business Promo which books into Z is not eligible.
Okay thanks for the heads up.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:26 pm

Do i have to make a reservation if I want a chauffeur from AUH to Dubai?
I'm having trouble booking chauffeur online on the website because it says my flight is no t eligible although it is. It's FRA-LHR-AUH on First Class. I'm wondering if the error is due to ineligibility for pick up when I depart from FRA.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by parioneti
Do i have to make a reservation if I want a chauffeur from AUH to Dubai?
I'm having trouble booking chauffeur online on the website because it says my flight is no t eligible although it is. It's FRA-LHR-AUH on First Class. I'm wondering if the error is due to ineligibility for pick up when I depart from FRA.
Yes, you have to reserve. The EY web site is not the best. If you are having trouble, call them, and either they will be able to book it for you or they will tell you why not.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:25 pm

Should I receive a confirmation email of some kind after making chauffeur reservations over the phone?

Also, where in SYD do I go after arriving to arrange the chauffeur dropoff?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Should I receive a confirmation email of some kind after making chauffeur reservations over the phone?

Also, where in SYD do I go after arriving to arrange the chauffeur dropoff?
I never received confirmation emails.

For my arrival pickup, I always ask the crew onboard for directions to pickup point etc.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I never received confirmation emails.

For my arrival pickup, I always ask the crew onboard for directions to pickup point etc.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:29 am

I normally book over the web, but a few days ago there was a glitch, so I had to call. The agent said she would send an e-mail confirmation, and she did. But apparently it is not automatic, it has to be initiated manually by the agent.

In any case you can see the chauffeur booking in the virtuallythere itinerary (etihad.com / Manage my trip / view print itinerary) so you don't need the e-mail.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I normally book over the web, but a few days ago there was a glitch, so I had to call. The agent said she would send an e-mail confirmation, and she did. But apparently it is not automatic, it has to be initiated manually by the agent.

In any case you can see the chauffeur booking in the virtuallythere itinerary (etihad.com / Manage my trip / view print itinerary) so you don't need the e-mail.
So I can see there's a chauffeur booking, but I can't see the details of the booking, i.e. address, pickup time. Are those supposed to be reflected in virtuallythere, or do I need to call again to confirm?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:02 pm

Yes, you have to reserve. The EY web site is not the best. If you are having trouble, call them, and either they will be able to book it for you or they will tell you why not.
Thanks for the reply.
I checked virtuallythere, and it does say I'm eligible for Chauffeur, but the Etihad.com says otherwise. I guess I"ll just have to give them a call.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:11 pm

So I can see there's a chauffeur booking, but I can't see the details of the booking, i.e. address, pickup time. Are those supposed to be reflected in virtuallythere, or do I need to call again to confirm?
The details cannot be verified without calling. Ask the agent to send you an e-mail confirmation so you have it in writing. I normally don't worry about it, but EY really should provide a way to check the details online.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

The details cannot be verified without calling. Ask the agent to send you an e-mail confirmation so you have it in writing. I normally don't worry about it, but EY really should provide a way to check the details online.
Got it. Thanks SeeBuyFly!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:52 pm

I will on flying from IND to LGA on Delta, need to get to JFK flying Etihad First class, booked using AA miles. Can I book Chauffeur service to get me from LGA to JFK and back on return?
Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:49 pm

I currently have a LHR-AUH business award using my AA miles and have made a chauffeur booking on the EY website to take me to LHR. I am now thinking of starting my award ticket in DUB and having a overnight in London - this suits my schedule better and cuts down on the ex-UK taxes.

My question is whether my Chauffeur booking will remain, or whether the EY system will realise I am now technically a transit passenger and will cancel my booking. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.