Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:03 am

Hi my wife is to travel in First Class in couple weeks from JFK, and arranged for chauffeur pickup from NJ. Im not traveling at the time but would like to accompany wife to airport and then take the train afterwards directly to where I work in Manhattan. Wondering if will be allowed if im not traveling in flight. Would be big time saver vs driving myself to jfk.

Guess will ask about this anyway when the car company calls 24 hours ahead of flight.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi my wife is to travel in First Class in couple weeks from JFK, and arranged for chauffeur pickup from NJ. Im not traveling at the time but would like to accompany wife to airport and then take the train afterwards directly to where I work in Manhattan. Wondering if will be allowed if im not traveling in flight. Would be big time saver vs driving myself to jfk.

Guess will ask about this anyway when the car company calls 24 hours ahead of flight.
I don't see that as a problem as you just want to accompany your wife to the airport. As long as there is one pick up (NJ) and one drop off (JFK) address you are good to go.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:26 am

I have a slightly different grumble (but forgive me, it might have been aired earlier on in this 5 page thread).

When I fly F inbound and outbound from LHR, I am fully aware that even for F clients the number of miles covered by Etihad Chauffeur Service has been reduced - not happy but accepting of the newish rules, and my drive to Dorset UK definitely exceeds the mileage allowance. However my grumble is that the Chauffeur Service confirms the extra mileage charge, then on the day the actual driver asks for a slightly different amount, and they do not take credit cards or carry change in the limos - last time, I have to be honest, I thought I had the correct amount in my wallet (no-one travelling with any brain is going to carry a lot of loose change around), but it ended up that I was 'short' on the final 2 pounds. Was not going to pay them 'an extra 10 pounds', so ended up short changing them 2 pounds. Not a good feeling, but **** that I am going to pay extra. Perhaps I am cruel and pushy, but do not think so, its just if extra payment is required, surely the chauffeur cars should have the ability to pay by credit card, its not rocket science after all......
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by njdealguy

Shouldn't be an issue - last month when traveling to IAD my friend (who was traveling on the same flight but a different PNR) rode in the car with me no questions asked.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jimindc
Shouldn't be an issue - last month when traveling to IAD my friend (who was traveling on the same flight but a different PNR) rode in the car with me no questions asked.
Thanks, guess I wont bother to even ask when they call to confirm 24 hours ahead. Don't want some agent to say theres issues with it when turns out the driver doesnt care!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: EK Silver, , ba exec club gold. Thai Air Silver, SPG - Gold.Etihad gold
pickup from home the evening before the flight

once again, my wife and i are on the 0915 or is it 0930 EY12 to AUH. I rang etihad and asked for a pickup the evening before so that we could overnight at the airport hotel. the answer was no. I asked trailfinders to make the same request since emirates have agreed in the past. again etihad said the pickup by the car service must be the same day as the flight.

we live over 100 miles from LHR and at our great age getting up in the middle of the night is hard.

apologies, just a whinge. apart from this niggle, we love flying with etihad.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
So could I bring two people with me in the car? 3 passengers total?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by anime333
So could I bring two people with me in the car? 3 passengers total?
Any help on this? Etihad has been unhelpful
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:55 pm

Question on best way to request a pickup. How far in advance does the Chaffeur pick people up before the flight if staying in Dubai? I put my request in online but don't see a place to put in the pick up time? Or do I have to call for a specific pick up time?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:09 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please use this link to help, here you will find terms and conditions about our chauffeur service http://bit.ly/1wbwOXn *GW

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Question on best way to request a pickup. How far in advance does the Chaffeur pick people up before the flight if staying in Dubai? I put my request in online but don't see a place to put in the pick up time? Or do I have to call for a specific pick up time?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
The terms note same day only.

If my flight is at 3AM can I request a pickup at 10pm the day before (5 hours early?)

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please use this link to help, here you will find terms and conditions about our chauffeur service http://bit.ly/1wbwOXn *GW

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:00 pm

Hi, all.

Can I utilize the Etihad Chauffeur service between LCY and LHR when I book FRA-LCY-LHR-AUH award Business ticket? I wasn't sure if the <24 hour transit rule is only for AUH or it applies in general to all other cities.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum
I am trying to book the chauffeur service and am unable to do this online. The response tells me I must contact Etihad customer service. Yes, I am in F on long haul flights.

I called 1-888-838-4423 and had a very crackly phone connection. I tried numerous times and never was able to speak to a person.

Does anyone have a another number to try??
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:57 am

Etihad Airways

Hi FlyingTexasGal

Thanks for getting in touch, did you know you can book our chauffeur service online? Please take a look at our website to help.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further help

http://bit.ly/1wbwOXn

Thanks *GW

Originally Posted by FlyingTexasGal
I am trying to book the chauffeur service and am unable to do this online. The response tells me I must contact Etihad customer service. Yes, I am in F on long haul flights.

I called 1-888-838-4423 and had a very crackly phone connection. I tried numerous times and never was able to speak to a person.

Does anyone have a another number to try??
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:02 am

Etihad Airways

Hi parioneti,

Please take a look at the link http://bit.ly/1bZhimA, you will be able to see all terms and conditions for our chauffeur service. If you wish to speak with our team directly, please contact them with this link; http://bit.ly/1zKPQlz, they will be happy to advise the best options available to you.

We hope this helps. *GW

Originally Posted by parioneti
Hi, all.

Can I utilize the Etihad Chauffeur service between LCY and LHR when I book FRA-LCY-LHR-AUH award Business ticket? I wasn't sure if the <24 hour transit rule is only for AUH or it applies in general to all other cities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.