Wiki Posts
Search

New 777 seat layout

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

New 777 seat layout

Hi,

Has anyone flown on the new (at least that I am aware) layout of the Boeing 777 of Etihad? They have 40 J seats and 340 economy class seats. Just seen it on their website link here, but there is no seat plan on the website. Seems like there are now 3 types of B777 that Etihad operates.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:22 am

Flew on the 777 twice earlier this year and was confused when the window seat I had booked 7K was changed to window 6K. Row 7 had aisle seats. I could not find as seat plan showing this layout anywhere. Anybody managed to find one?
Old May 16, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
What's your question about?
I think I flew in such a config last trip, so what?
I see I have window seat 6A on next flight AUH-BKK 31st May, have 40 J seats.
Flew BKK-AUH on window seat 07A, old config.
I vaguely remember the 40 seat config to have more space around you.
I check my seat on expertflyer.com.
Old May 17, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tartempion
What's your question about?
I think I flew in such a config last trip, so what?
I see I have window seat 6A on next flight AUH-BKK 31st May, have 40 J seats.
Flew BKK-AUH on window seat 07A, old config.
I vaguely remember the 40 seat config to have more space around you.
I check my seat on expertflyer.com.
Is there one big J section and 3 economy sections? Or is there a mini cabin in either classes? Just saw that there is a new layout and was curious as I have upcoming flights and would like to take advantage of the best seats on a layout I am not familiar with (depending I actually will be travelling on these particular planes)
Old May 18, 2014, 3:57 am

This might be the Virgin Australia Aircraft its 2-3-2 Business layout
I asked the same question but no one answered me, after investigating I got to know its Virgin Aus aircraft
I will be flying on one of these aircraft next week
Old May 28, 2014, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Ok, can answer my own questions...and for anyone that might be interested. I am not sure about the seating numbers for Business class and whether row 6 or 7 A&K has the window seats, but you have 7 rows of business class between the 1st and 2nd door. There is then an additional 3 rows of business class behind this with about 7 rows economy to the next exit door. The back of the plane (2 economy sections) is the same as the current 412 seat layout in economy.

So in effect 3 business class rows has replaced 5 economy rows in the second section behind the second door.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Originally Posted by Enzokk
Ok, can answer my own questions...and for anyone that might be interested. I am not sure about the seating numbers for Business class and whether row 6 or 7 A&K has the window seats, but you have 7 rows of business class between the 1st and 2nd door. There is then an additional 3 rows of business class behind this with about 7 rows economy to the next exit door. The back of the plane (2 economy sections) is the same as the current 412 seat layout in economy.

So in effect 3 business class rows has replaced 5 economy rows in the second section behind the second door.
I am an Etihad newcomer and got completely confused about their seat configuration ; main reason being that they show different versions on their seatmaps on the website and within their booking procedure . If you want to be sure try a dummy booking and you see the full truth . 7A is a window seat followed by 9A which has no direct window .
Old May 30, 2014, 8:19 am

I just got off EY flight used one of these aircraft, it was Virgin Australia metal
I Can rate it 7.5/10
defiantly if you can get the etihad metal it will be much better
Old May 30, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bemanisoud
I just got off EY flight used one of these aircraft, it was Virgin Australia metal
I Can rate it 7.5/10
defiantly if you can get the etihad metal it will be much better
what about a super short trip report. could you please compare the hard and soft products of Virgin Austria an EY?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.