wifi and customer service

Old May 12, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
wifi and customer service

I have just returned to the UK from Australia. Following the excellent outbound I had brilliant return flights. As a gold travelling in Y I was made to feel special. I have no idea whether this is the norm or has anything to do with me writing praising the crews after the outbound. On each of the three return flights I received fantastic attention, much champagne and various food treats. It really was great fun.

My only issue was the wifi which was available on the first plane, an Airbus 330-200.

The wifi is purchased either for 2 hours or for 24. However, once purchased the clock runs, it isn't a useage related two hours, simply time related. So your money runs out two hours after signing on, whether you are signed in and using the wifii or not and, more importantly, whether it is available or not.
By comparison, on EK, you purchase a data allowance which is yours to use when you want. I think that is a better system.

I got about 15 minutes of wifi out of my two hours as, as we got over northern Australia, the contact was lost. No reason was given other than "contact lost for an unknown reason". I am sure it will get sorted.

Anyway, the purpose of this is to further compliment EY, this time for customer service.

I sent an e-mail yesterday afternoon pointing out the problem. I was hoping for a refund. I received a standard automatic acknowledgement.

Overnight I received two e-mails from customer services. The first apologised for the problem and that it was being investigated. The second, timed three hours later, contained a fulsome apology, confirmed the problem, thanked me for the feedback and advised me that I would get a refund from the operator and also that I was being awarded some miles for my trouble. I also got an e-mail from the operator (t-mobile.de)confirming the refund.

So problem solved within about 12 hours of notification of the problem.
That is impressive.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
The service you received was pretty much as the service I had on plenty of my flights. EY makes sure their gold and silver members are treated well a bit special.
I used the Internet on my last auh-syd flight and had approx. 8 out of the 14hrs a signal which was good enough for Facebook and whatsapp well as for sending emails.

Last edited by h1ghfly3r; May 13, 2014 at 1:15 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.