Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Air Serbia Redemption using Etihad Guest Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Serbia Redemption using Etihad Guest Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:59 pm
ups
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Question Air Serbia Redemption using Etihad Guest Miles

Hello!

I want to check the possibility of using Etihad Guest miles for redeeming on Air Serbia going from ATH to LHR (via Belgrade). I don't have an account with Eithad Guest Miles, but have a UK-based Amex MR account and Amex allows transfer to Etihad 1:1.

Assuming the Etihad Guest miles account is common for both Etihad and Air Serbia, will I be able to just transfer the points and redeem immediately, once the points have arrived - soon after opening a new account?

Can I check availability without having any miles in the account?

What are the taxes like on such a route?

I'm completely new to Etihad's loyalty scheme, so is there anything else to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:09 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ups
Can I check availability without having any miles in the account?
even with miles in my account I could not check availability online through EY Guest.

You may find a lot of information to your questions here (scroll down to terms and conditions):
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...ts/air-serbia/

I would go trough the hotline to check availability!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:29 am
ups
Original Poster

Thanks gkl for the reply.

I did speak to Etihad Guest, and for the benefit of anyone else who might need it, this is how it is:
  • You can't check availability or book online
  • Not all Etihad Guest agents are aware that they can book Air Serbia reward tickets. The first agent I got told me to call Air Serbia directly; although the second agent was a lot more knowledgeable and knew what she had to do
  • The process of checking availability, miles required and taxes to be paid is a manual, time consuming process and be prepared to hold for long periods on the 0845 (UK) number. For each of these, the agent put me on hold for more than 5 minutes while she worked out the details. The good thing is that the miles required can be seen from the link below (simply add the individual segments for connecting journeys):
    http://www.airserbia.com/en/home/mai...had_guest.html
  • To check the taxes, they wanted to do a dummy booking which wasn't possible as I didn't have any miles in my account. After a bit of persistence, she put me on hold again for a few minutes and came back with the tax amount.

In the end, I ended up booking the flight for cash as I was getting less than 0.6p value for each Amex UK MR point. I did do a test transfer of 1000 points and the miles reached Etihad Guest account within 24 hours.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Thanks, ups. Very useful information.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:35 am

ups, do you remember what they wanted in taxes for the BEG-LHR segment?

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:56 am
ups
Original Poster

I don't know how much it was for just BEG-LHR, but for ATH-BEG-LHR it was 14027 miles and EUR 64 combined.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I understand that I'm reviving an old thread, but for future reference, here's a full list of destinations currently redeemable with Air Serbia, as well as the miles required for each:

http://www.airserbia.com/en-rs/etihadguest
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Originally Posted by gojko88
I understand that I'm reviving an old thread, but for future reference, here's a full list of destinations currently redeemable with Air Serbia, as well as the miles required for each:

http://www.airserbia.com/en-rs/etihadguest
Thanks for sharing, this is helpful.

I was curious about Czech Airlines and using EY miles from AD to Prague, but seems they don't fly this route, or it is seasonal. Does anyone have any idea if they fly to AD and any experience booking EY miles on Czech?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:46 am

At long last, upgrades from Y to J are now possible on Air Serbia flights. Not particularly great value compared to outright award bookings, but still good for company-booked flights!

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...rs/air-serbia/
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Heathrow to Belgrade with Air Serbia

Has anyone flown this route recently using Etihad points?

How did you book it and how many points did it cost you?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:45 pm

Call the Air Serbia customer service, their agents will take care of everything. The cost is 10.410 miles in Y or 14.834 in J (one-way), plus taxes of around 40 EUR.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:12 am

Call the Air Serbia customer service, their agents will take care of everything. The cost is 10.410 miles in Y or 14.834 in J (one-way), plus taxes of around 40 EUR.
LHR-BEG will be almost twice as much though

Last edited by mlqsko; Mar 4, 2016 at 12:17 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

Do you mean taxes? Because the mileage required is identical.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:41 pm

Do you mean taxes? Because the mileage required is identical.
Yeah, taxes out of LHR are way higher. OP asked "Heathrow to Belgrade with Air Serbia".
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:35 am

One ways are allowed, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.