Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Book on Etihad.com receive 25,000 bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many

Just received this great offer on email from Etihad. I reside in Abu Dhabi, not sure others receive this or not.

http://www.etihad.com/en-ae/promotio...n-25000-miles/

The question is can I earn multiple 25k miles and can one way booking qualify for it? Terms and condition did not really mention that.

I am thinking a mileage run to Muscat from AUH, to earn 25000 miles.

Any insight?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, Le Club Accor Gold
Ouch i just booked a return trip to Thailand through Etihad for May, my other half said i should wait, when will i listen
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hmm. I don't have an etihad acct but what could you do with 25,000 points? That would only get you a short middle east hop right?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by sneezyalex
Hmm. I don't have an etihad acct but what could you do with 25,000 points? That would only get you a short middle east hop right?
That's an extra 25,000 so you would have more. Maybe save them while you collect a few more? Copied from the Etihad site ...

You may redeem against flights, upgrades or over 6300 products from our Reward Shop. Alternatively, you could even convert your Etihad Guest Miles to cash with PointsPay and use at over 30 million online and instore outlets worldwide.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by UAL777
Just received this great offer on email from Etihad. I reside in Abu Dhabi, not sure others receive this or not.

http://www.etihad.com/en-ae/promotio...n-25000-miles/

The question is can I earn multiple 25k miles and can one way booking qualify for it? Terms and condition did not really mention that.

I am thinking a mileage run to Muscat from AUH, to earn 25000 miles.

Any insight?
Me too. Nothing in T’s & C’s to limit no. of times can be done, when flights must be flown or that one-ways are excluded
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Me too. Nothing in T’s & C’s to limit no. of times can be done, when flights must be flown or that one-ways are excluded
Exactly, the T&C are so nonexistent and EY can claim anything they want after the fact.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, EY, OZ
And how about one way vs return? No clarification there. T&Cs also mention cancellation of a ticket will result in the miles being deducted - does a no show count as a cancellation?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
How I understand the T&C's is that you get the bonus 2 weeks after booking even if it's before you take the flight. That's why they say if you cancel your flight the miles are returned. Also the Etihad program has an interesting family/friends component kind of like British Airways except that when you sign people up under your account all miles earned after signup go into your account...so this means you could book several of these bonus under different accounts and theoretically have all the bonus miles post to one account...in theory.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many
Spoke with Etihad guest team today, they said only Roundtrip ticket from Abu Dhabi can earn you bonus miles. Yes you can get multiple bonus through family accounts if you are the head of the accounts. No one way will earn the miles and travel by 30 Dec 2014 she mentioned.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by UAL777
Spoke with Etihad guest team today, they said only Roundtrip ticket from Abu Dhabi can earn you bonus miles. Yes you can get multiple bonus through family accounts if you are the head of the accounts. No one way will earn the miles and travel by 30 Dec 2014 she mentioned.
So, the million dollar question here is can a no-show count? That could be a big deal...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:59 pm

There's one routing where you can earn 75K miles for $350 in one day (3 roundtrips). I'm tempted to go to AUH so I can do this. But don't see the value of miles being anywhere close to those of AA or US Air.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond

When would the miles post? At booking or at travel?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
There's one routing where you can earn 75K miles for $350 in one day (3 roundtrips). I'm tempted to go to AUH so I can do this. But don't see the value of miles being anywhere close to those of AA or US Air.
Its limited for 1 Promo per Account ?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Farscape2
Its limited for 1 Promo per Account ?
If so, would a family account be limited to just 1 promo of 25k miles, or 1 per member of the family account?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
I can find some good value in EY miles.

Business class from AUH-MLE is 24,501 miles each way, seems pretty reasonable considering a 4.5 hour flight on AA/US is 25k one-way for a similar length flight.

AUH-BKK in business class is 39,927 miles. *A is 40k (now 60k using UA miles) for this route and OW is 30k, so its right in line.

AUH-LHR is first class is 55,354 miles. OW is 40k, so EY not as good but not terrible.

EY miles vs AA miles fall apart on the ultra-long hauls, but for most other flights they are a reasonably good value.

If I grab my family and fly a round-trip to Oman, cost would be around $450 and we would get enough miles for a first-class round-trip to London. Seems like a good value for $450!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.