Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-BAH Full Fare Y and Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of Them
NRT-BAH Full Fare Y and Gold

As the title says, I am flying NRT-BAH return and just made Gold with Etihad. This is also a full fare Y ticket. What are the chances I score an upgrade? Any strategies to boost those chances?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
I have been on many flights with Etihad as a Gold guest. Was upgraded only once because economy was overbooked (Upgraded at the gate).
Your chance of an upgrade is zero unless economy is overbooked and there are no strategies! If you want to travel business buy a business ticket.

Having said that, Etihad economy service is good. As a gold guest a crew member will often come and greet you personally in the plane. Some times they will ask you for your food choice and serve you first before starting the service for others.

My personal advice to you is, if you decided to buy an economy ticket then stop thinking of business class and be content with economy. Your life will be happier!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahmed2020
I have been on many flights with Etihad as a Gold guest. Was upgraded only once because economy was overbooked (Upgraded at the gate).
Your chance of an upgrade is zero unless economy is overbooked and there are no strategies! If you want to travel business buy a business ticket.

Having said that, Etihad economy service is good. As a gold guest a crew member will often come and greet you personally in the plane. Some times they will ask you for your food choice and serve you first before starting the service for others.

My personal advice to you is, if you decided to buy an economy ticket then stop thinking of business class and be content with economy. Your life will be happier!
My personal advice to you is this, I didn't buy it, my company did so don't judge and try and give me personal advice.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
You will most likely only receive an upgrade in Y is overbooked, and then you would be high up on the list due to fare and status. Etihad do same day airport upgrades which can sometimes be pretty reasonable from what I have seen other members posting. Someone paid around $600 for AUH-SYD which is pretty awesome for such a long flight ^

EY also have the bidding system which you may end up getting chosen for.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
You will most likely only receive an upgrade in Y is overbooked, and then you would be high up on the list due to fare and status. Etihad do same day airport upgrades which can sometimes be pretty reasonable from what I have seen other members posting. Someone paid around $600 for AUH-SYD which is pretty awesome for such a long flight ^

EY also have the bidding system which you may end up getting chosen for.
thanks! hoping for the best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.