Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Darwin Airline (Switzerland) will rebrand its operations as Etihad Regional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Darwin Airline (Switzerland) will rebrand its operations as Etihad Regional

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
5 pax only on today's TRN-ZRH
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Finally heard from French authorities regarding by EU complaint after I became one of the many pax bandoned by this repugnant airline. They have grudgingly given my money back -- even though they should have rebooked me at my request. I had to eat a walk up fare on another carrier.

Still waiting for a response to multiple emails to "customer service." Four months and counting.

Caveat emptor!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I completed a trip with Etihad Regional (operated by Darwin Airline) on Friday, from GVA-ZRH then ZRH-DUS. It was a very good trip, and I found myself on what I am sure was an ex-Crossair Saab 2000 for the GVA-ZRH sector. There were only 5 people on board, a real shame as this means the flight will probably be canceled. A choice of coffee or fruit juices was offered. Cabin crew were friendly and they look like Etihad people with the same uniforms. Great views of the Alps.

I had enough time in ZRH to pop downtown and get some lunch (for speed of service I recommend either the COOP restaurant or the Manora in the Manor department store on Bahnhofstrasse). The ZRH-DUS flight was much more full, I am glad to say, but equally pleasant. This time it looked like it was an ex-Baboo Saab 2000 (which might previously have belonged to Crossair). Soft drinks were offered, no alcohol, no coffee. A small salami or cheese sandwich was served, which was ok, nothing more. At least the catering is free and the staff friendly.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 15, 2014 at 6:53 am Reason: reorganization of info
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Lounge access?

Flying ZRH-LYS-ZRH this weekend

Can I enter the lounge thay EY uses in Zurich beeing EY Gold or does EY Regional operates completely separate?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Etihad Regional's website says nothing about having lounge access.

I'm not sure that you would even be able to actually physically access the part of the airport where the lounge used by Eithad would be located. Your journey is within Schengen; Etihad's flights are all to outside of Schengen, so I presume that their lounge may be in a part of the airport that you would not have access to with your boarding pass.

It's been a while since I passed through ZRH so I don't recall how the separation between Schengen and non-Schengen gates operates there. If you can get to the lounge used by Eithad, then do try, making sure you have your EY Guest card. And please report back with your experiences.

Edit: Etihad uses the Swissport Panorama Lounge, which is located in the E gate area. Are Schengen passengers able to take the Skymetro to these remote gates?

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 27, 2014 at 7:40 am
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Flying ZRH-LYS-ZRH this weekend

Can I enter the lounge thay EY uses in Zurich beeing EY Gold or does EY Regional operates completely separate?
Was granted lounge in TRN when I flew TRN-ZRH.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Back from my trip to Lyon and a short trip report.

Lounge access for me and guest granted as EY Gold, in ZRH and LYS both no problem. In Zurich there is a DNATA Lounge at the Non Shengen Terminal, this is the one to use.

Flight was ZRH-LYS on a Saab 2000 with only 4 pax me included.
Flight back LYS-ZRH was on an ATR72 with 6pax.

A warm croissant and drinks were offered on the way to Lyon and Danish pastry on the way back.

Very sad to see the low occupancy, however I guess they need to make more advertisement, no one knows them! Also don’t know if they can already sell tickets together F7 and EY since there was no transit passenger at all.
Have quite some flights booked with them and hope the passenger # will increases soon.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Looking at accounts of LYS and TRN not surprising the following:
According to Airline Route
ETIHAD Regional from 19SEP14 is ending 3 routes, 2 from Zurich and 1 from Geneva. Affected routes are:

Geneva – Stuttgart Currently 3 weekly service
Zurich – Lyon Currently 6 weekly service
Zurich – Turin Currently 1 weekly service
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Well, some go some increase frequency.

Per airlineroute again:
ETIHAD Regional in Winter 2014/15 season expands service from Geneva, with following service increase from 26OCT14.

Geneva – Bordeaux Increase from 3 to 6 weekly
Geneva – Nice Increase from 3 to 5 weekly
Geneva – Toulouse Increase from 3 to 7 weekly
Geneva – Venice Increase from 3 to 7 weekly

These routes are operated by Saab 2000 aircraft.
Meanwhile had my first couple of flights with F7 (had both ATR and Saab) and will post a few of pictures over the weekend.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:29 am

Hello, do the Etihad Regional flights qualify to Etihad BusinessConnect?

I did just apply to EH BusinessConnect and they asl me to have at least one flight with Etihad within this year. Not sure if EH Regional is ok for that
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:50 am

Lounge Access on F7 as EY GOLD

After being granted into the Lounge in Zürich a while ago as well as in Leipzig and Lyon, suddenly no lounge is granting EY GOLD if flying Economy. Thought F7 is a full member of Ethiad Guest and they do advertise their program on each flight the official response is that Lounge access is only granted if flying Premium Economy.

Wondering what’s the point of having a status with Etihad Guest and not being granted access if not flying on EY even thought EY Guest is their official loyalty program…. Soon flying with Air Serbia, I know it’s OT but any experience if flying Economy as EY Gold you get lounge access?

Last edited by Atlantico; Oct 15, 2014 at 10:54 am
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:19 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Has anybody experience if they allow any additional checked luggage as an EY Gold?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Angry Free check-in luggage no more included

Be careful. They removed discretely the 23kg luggage included from the 2 first fares.

The website is not clear at all , during my recent booking GVA-FCO they specified one luggage 23Kg included in Economy or 32Kg in Business.

printscreen (in french) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/baj8ephgf7...ihad2.jpg?dl=0

I get the same message and fare in September GVA-MRS and I get the 23Kg luggage included.

I sent one message to the support email and they answered that only the hand luggage is included now, they pretend that Easy and Fantasticket fares are not Economy.

Disappointing...
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

DUS experiment is over according to CH-aviation

Darwin Airline (F7, Lugano) will close its Dusseldorf base with effect from January 7, 2015 ch-aviation has learned.

Using a based Saab 2000, the Swiss carrier currently connects the west German industrial hub with London Stansted 3x daily and with Geneva 3x weekly.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh damn, does that mean the GVA-DUS route is history already?? It's only just been going with an AB code, as well as the F7 one. Might they continue to operate it with an aircraft based in GVA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.