Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest/Oman Air Redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sabdhabi

Dogmatick - just stumbled across this re the opening date (20 March 2018) for Muscat's new terminal. By chance, I am in transit there (BKK MCT AUH) on 30 March. Will be interesting to check it out and also to check out the Oman Air biz lounge.
New Muscat airport terminal to open on March 20 GulfNews.com
That's so funny. A dear friend who is very senior at Oman Air has been waiting years. His new job back in the UK starts on the 19th.....
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, EK Skywards Blue, EY Guest Blue
Long time lurker, first post here.

Been looking to redeem EY miles for a Y class redemption on WY > JAIPUR-MUSCAT-DUBAI
Does anyone know how EY Guest handles connection reward flights? The table mentions separate requirement miles for each.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by TheAirlineKid
Long time lurker, first post here.

Been looking to redeem EY miles for a Y class redemption on WY > JAIPUR-MUSCAT-DUBAI
Does anyone know how EY Guest handles connection reward flights? The table mentions separate requirement miles for each.
Just treat it like a direct flight on the award chart.
I know the reward chart very well to and fro IN, and I would highly recommend splurging the few extra miles for J but that's just my opinion.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:31 am

It's very straight forward, sum of the miles for each segment equals your total guest rewards points required. Call up Etihad guest rewards with the exact flights you want and the agent will assemble the itinerary for you. I just made a multi-leg award reward booking on Oman and the agent was super helpful.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by f1ape
It's very straight forward, sum of the miles for each segment equals your total guest rewards points required. Call up Etihad guest rewards with the exact flights you want and the agent will assemble the itinerary for you. I just made a multi-leg award reward booking on Oman and the agent was super helpful.
This is what I did. And yes, the agents were very helpful but they were let down by the absymal speed of their system. I ended up spending 45minutes on the phone to book a flight!

Flew the flight already, can report that Oman Air are doing a great job with their B737s and the new terminal as MCT is pretty great too
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Can I redeem EY miles for MCT->LHR on WY in F?
I am EY plat and WY gold if that makes any difference.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:47 am

Yes you can. As per the redemption chart on the EY website, it should run at 80,000 EY Guest miles PLUS taxes.

Make sure you time it to experience their new F

EY WY Redemption Chart
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Anybody done this?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Go through the Manchester office and you should find someone who can do it for you. You may have some trouble elsewhere.

There are some reports on here and here
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
It's easy to find award space. On the website of Oman you van choose "use miles" option and you'll see if there is award space.

Booking by phone was also very easy in my opinion.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Absolutley brilliant and so much better return for your miles and the tax is next to nothing by comparison to EY
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:47 am

Done this a couple of times for myself and the missus. Spent 40 minutes on hold with the EY agent (in Abu Dhabi), but absolutely no hiccups. Award chart was followed as per EY website. Taxes didn't seem to match the ones priced on ITA Matrix, but always lower so not complaining!!

Very good value to be honest, and the new MCT airport just sweetens the deal! I think the Primeclass Lounge is the best PP lounge in the world currently.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jongesander
It's easy to find award space. On the website of Oman you van choose "use miles" option and you'll see if there is award space..
This doesn't work any more. May you need at least a Sindbad account now ?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:19 am

Does all travel relating to this chart need to originate in Muscat? I see there are a few exceptions (Dubai, Singapore). Can I have Muscat be my destination? Looking to do CAI-MCT on EY in J. I'd hope that wouldn't be an issue...
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:06 am

Does the award space shown on the Oman Air website match what EY can see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.