Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Essentially anything that has yet to convert is likely on tin that is due to be shifted out of the fleet. They've still held on to aircraft that they long planned to dump because the expansion has been faster than planned or that new tin could be delivered for.

There is a at least one new 77W and sometimes two per month being delivered this year as well as all of the Airbus kit. The new design of Business is already finalised and also due 'soon'. The four year old yellow is going to be replaced whilst there is still some blue out there as they will not, for example, up any 345's needing it

You just won't believe what they're going to do with the 380's F though... !

Comfort wise the issue is limited other than the massage heads poking through in well worn seats and the hole for your feet being too small for the larger of us. You'll have to also deal with the square screens in blue with an IFE that has films in widescreen that you miss the edges of !
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Do any of the 346's have wifi?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Wyfly on A340-500

EY 191 AUH-GRU has their wyfly service. It costed 19USD for flight. As per the small print, it ceased working for c. 5 hours over W Africa and Atlantic. Apart from that, it was quite good.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
The four year old yellow is going to be replaced
You mean there is a whole new J seat coming? Please expand!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:37 pm

The 346 I flew today AUH-IAD had wifi but the flight attendant said it was slow and on and off and said save you money unless you really needed it.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
You just won't believe what they're going to do with the 380's F though... !
What are they going to do with it?

Comfort wise the issue is limited other than the massage heads poking through in well worn seats and the hole for your feet being too small for the larger of us. You'll have to also deal with the square screens in blue with an IFE that has films in widescreen that you miss the edges of !
Lol, I remember those awkward screens.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer/BA Blue/AB Classic
May be flying EY in J in March LHR-AUH-SYD (346 LHR-AUH, 77W AUH-SYD) would love to know if I'd be getting the new business class seat or not, it is the only thing preventing me from booking at the moment.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:29 pm

I'm booked on EY78 AMS-AUH in May.
Is the refurbishment still work in progress?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by BlakeySFC
May be flying EY in J in March LHR-AUH-SYD (346 LHR-AUH, 77W AUH-SYD) would love to know if I'd be getting the new business class seat or not, it is the only thing preventing me from booking at the moment.
Hey there Blakey. Only new since about ten minutes and came across this over the web.

My wife and are are flying J end of July this year from Melbourne to AUH then onto MUC. I've researched the hell out of this and it seems to be hit and miss with which seat type you will get (new or old). Since November they have been using 773's from AUH to Australia? I check daily on an app that I use to check flights when I go to bed at all the aircraft leaving the eastern States and every week it seems to be different. tonight I checked and the serial that was flying out of Melbourne only a few weeks ago is now on the Sydney route and vice versa. The oldest 773 I've seen so far was delivered on 1/2012 so not sure if that would have new seats or not although you would think so. It is a positive that they are using such new aircraft, hopefully with new seats. The list of aircraft on the Previous page is a great help but until we are physically in one of the aircraft we can't confirm. Have a great flight anyway and I'll have my fingers crossed for your flight
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:56 pm

Etihad Airways New Livery via Airliners.net

Etihad to unveil A380 interior in 8 weeks [as of 4 March 2014] via ArabianBusiness.com
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:31 pm

I managed to track down a guy who knows Etihad intimately as it were and gave me the following information:

At the moment, A330-200s A6-EY(*) G/H/J/R have the old Business Class. The rest, new.

Of the B777-300ERs, A6-ET(*) A/B/C/D/E/F have the old Business Class, the rest have the new one.

Of the A340-600s A6-EH(*) E/F/H have the current business class.
I/J/K/L have the previous business class.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:12 am

Good news Kovsky.....those serial numbers for the 773 are from 2006 build aircraft and 1 from 2009. All the 773 flying into Australia are 2011 build onward as far as I can tell
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:39 am

Flights to Chicago use B777-300ER. Are they old or new Business Class?

Kovsky's information is somewhat helpful, but I don't know if A6-ET(*) A/B/C/D/E/F fly to Chicago.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nums
Flights to Chicago use B777-300ER. Are they old or new Business Class?

Kovsky's information is somewhat helpful, but I don't know if A6-ET(*) A/B/C/D/E/F fly to Chicago.
Go to planefinder.net and search your flight number to see historically, what planes have been flying your route.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by kovsky
Go to planefinder.net and search your flight number to see historically, what planes have been flying your route.
Thanks kovsky.

planefinder.net is a captivating site. I will return there often.

Incidentally, EY151 to Chicago is new Business Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.